Game Update Notes (28/05/2013)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

- Phantasmal Warlock skill: The damage skill fact now displays accurately.
- Prismatic Understanding trait: Now functions with torch’s The Prestige skill.
- Portal Exeunt skill: Casting during the last second before the portal expires no longer fails to create the entrance.
- Veil skill: The skill fact now indicates the correct stealth duration (2 seconds).
- Illusion of Drowning skill: No longer able to affect targets at infinite range. Now respects line of sight.
- Clones now attack ranger pets even if the ranger is out of range.

Again no Zerker fix. Actually, nothing I’d care about has been fixed or improved. But at least we can buy a White Kitten. Slow clap.

This month will be focused on bug fixes, with balance coming in later patches!

Shame on you, Jonathan. Shame on you.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Looks like veil has been “fixed” just like blinding befuddlement last patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Sink and Float effects: No longer affect targets above water.
Illusion of Drowning skill: No longer able to affect targets at infinite range. Now respects line of sight.

Aww…

Well it had to happen at some point.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Bet every mesmer thought ‘’kitten yeah FINALLY’‘, after reading this note:
’’Clones now attack ranger pets even if the ranger is out of range.’’

Nice job Anet. GREAT FIXES KEEP IT UP!

P.s.: When are you going to fix:
1. Clones attacking mobs not being agro’ed by you.
2. Blinding befuddlement nerfed for no reason
3. Guardian being nerfed in mass WvW so its more attractive to walk with more professions than just guardian in a raid.
4. Detected debuff back to 4 seconds
5. Detected trap not stacking with the detected debuff thief gets once he walks through an anti-stealth trap while having detected already on him

Could go on like this for a while…

(edited by BlackDevil.9268)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noince.7364

Noince.7364

Fixing tons of not as pressing issues as always. Next up they gonna label another “bug fixing patch” and fix stuff like Consortium Sickle animation and underwater clones without trident. (No offense to underwater combat enthusiast, but I think most people don’t value underwater combat heavily.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlueFrog.3261

BlueFrog.3261

undocumented change: bouncing attacks can now bounce on clones and phantasms.

I think this would be a good change if there was some sort of prioritisation which placed clones at the very bottom. As it is now, clones are just taking up the majority of the bounces which has little benefit.

Albino

(edited by BlueFrog.3261)

in Mesmer

Iruwen.3164

undocumented change: illusionary elasticity can now bounce on clones and phantasms. pretty happy about this one.

That’s actually cool if it’s true. Seems like they always forget to mention the cool stuff in the patch notes

/e: got that one wrong. Thanks for another unrectified ninja nerf.

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

undocumented change: illusionary elasticity can now bounce on clones and phantasms. pretty happy about this one.

Really? Are you sure?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Things that should’ve been patched today, and weren’t:
-Staff clones/IMage/PDisenchanter using Illusionary Elasticity to bounce their attacks.
-Zerker, already. HOW many Mesmers have to go off about this one?
-Revert Blinding Befuddlement, for crying out loud. All that does is further tank build
options … Confusing Enchantments is what made Glamourbomb so hellish powerful, and that’s the LAST thing you lot even think to nerf? C’mon, guys.
-A bloody range-tooltip on Portal Exeunt. This should’ve been done at release. Thank you.
-Our current implementation of LoS ingame. It’s wonky, and needs adjusted for collision detection, ASAP.

Now, for the parts I can live with:
-Sink/Float fixes. Fun, but cheesy, and we all know it.
-Illusion of Drowning. We all knew that’d get reined in, range-wise.
-Prestige FINALLY working with P. Understanding? Hell yes.
-Clones doing something about Ranger pets, when said Ranger uses ’em to snipe whilst they run? Hell yes.

Verdict:
Mostly small stuff … and a LOT less than I expect from a patch what’s been hyped for weeks as a “bug-fixing” patch.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fuschia.6573

Fuschia.6573

Mesgasm!

Seriously, though, I made my current WvW build specifically to abuse Elasticity when it got fixed and continued running it because it worked well even when it was broken. Now I get to enjoy running around doing decent damage in addition to being unkillable!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Things that should’ve been patched today, and weren’t:
-Staff clones and Illusionary Elasticity.

Someone reported that this was stealth fixed. Can anyone else confirm?

Edit: kitten too slow!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I’d like some secondary confirmation on this please.

in Mesmer

Noince.7364

Wow? Kill the GS more please A-net? You just halved the dps of GS#2. Instead of getting a damaging bounce on an enemy, I get 3stacks of might on my clone? Seriously? Wow. Last time it only bounced to players which could actually use the might. Now I get 3 might on clone?

The only benefit this does is give you an extra bounce at 1200 range AT THE START where you only have izerker up. Further uses after that highly results in wasted might on clones. Goodjob. First screw izerker, then screw GS#2. Whats next? You gonna screw GS#1 I guess?

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

What?!?! Elasticity fixed, seriously? :o

I can’t test this till tomorrow, but if that’s true I’m going to retrait for it again.

Edit: Ah wait, maybe I’m misinterpreting – does it mean the illusions attack bounces on the player more times (for WoC), or back on the illusion?

If back on the illusion, then that’s pretty poor, especially for things like GS#2.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

Noince.7364

I’d like some secondary confirmation on this please.

Confirmed. GS can officially be unlisted as Mesmer weapon. Bugged izerker and now GS#2 is screwed bouncing onto clones instead of damaging the enemy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlueFrog.3261

BlueFrog.3261

sorry, i should be more specific. your attacks can now bounce on clones, but staff clones still don’t get the additional bounce. i.e if you aren’t in range to receive the bounce from mirror blade it can now bounce on your clones that are in range of the target.

Albino

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

The way I understood the original poster is that illusionary elasticity will now work when COMING from clones and phantasms, as opposed to bounces bouncing TO clones and phantasms. Please test this with staff clones and the iMage (not that the iMage will be anything but worthless still).

in Mesmer

Noince.7364

No, the poster got it wrong. Clones are NOW considered bounce-able targets.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Oh dear…

Does GS#2 bounce off it’s own clone when created then?
Considering that clone is in your target’s face, would it ever bounce back to you unless the clone died?

in Mesmer

Posted by: xizod.9513

xizod.9513

“Hey, can i get a burger?”

After 8 months

“Here is ur chips”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

if i recall correctly dont players have priority over clones and summons when it comes to buffs/heals? so wouldnt it prioritise bouncing to a player if in range? and i thought bouncing attacks went enemy>ally>enemy>ally anyway?

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I knew I don’t have to get excited before I’ve actually tested it myself. Oh, and I did and you’re right. This is good and bad at the same time for staff-mesmers… I won’t get the might anymore if a clone is closer to the target than I am. On the other hand, clones can now get fury, which lets them inflict more bleeds (assuming you’ve got the sharper images trait). Hmmhmm.

It might screw GS, though.

Edit: Winds of Chaos casted by me can now also jump target-clone-me. Hmmm. Not sure if that’s good or bad haha.

Edit 2: You still get 3 stacks of might with GS 2. The clone is created after the skill bounces off, and thus doesn’t get targetted.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

in Mesmer

Noince.7364

I’ll rather get the buff bounced to players 100% of the time, instead of having clones perma hogging all the buffing bounces.

Remember, this is not just affecting mesmers. It affects all classes with bouncing skills that buff. Example: necro’s bouncing sickle.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndresR.4532

AndresR.4532

if i recall correctly dont players have priority over clones and summons when it comes to buffs/heals? so wouldnt it prioritise bouncing to a player if in range? and i thought bouncing attacks went enemy>ally>enemy>ally anyway?

No exactly, can be Enemy, Enemy, Enemy

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fuschia.6573

Fuschia.6573

Bounces are now thoroughly screwed up…

Went to the dummies to test Elasticity before checking that it was poorly worded. Definitely doesn’t work. However, the bounce targeting on Staff is now 100% screwy. With Elasticity I sometimes get it to bounce to two clones or dummies after the first dummy, irregardless of what’s closest.

Perhaps even worse, sometimes the clones will hit nearby dummies with a bounce, sometimes they will hit themselves, and sometimes they will hit you.

This is going to make it very, very difficult to do anything consistent with Staff.

in Mesmer

Noince.7364

if i recall correctly dont players have priority over clones and summons when it comes to buffs/heals?

Sadly, there doesn’t seem to be any priority at all. I’m testing it now, and its nearest bounce-able target. Only time I got it to bounce onto me is when i’m nearer than clones.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Just tested all this behavior.
WoC from clones bounce once to the nearest ally (including himself).
If IE is traited, WoC bounces twice only for you. Clones still bounce only once.
If IE is traited, iMage bounces twice. Target gets 3 confusion stacks and 2 closest allies receive retaliation. If 2 targets are closer than you, the extra bounce applies confusion to the 2nd target and you get retaliation. If there are 3 targets closer than any ally, those three targets get confusion. This appears fixed!
Mirror Blade bounces once and hits a clone/phantasm if they are closer than you to the target. Clones/Phantasms get the might stacks.
For good measure, I tested iZerker. Still hits usually twice, occasionally once.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

(edited by skcamow.3527)

in Mesmer

Noince.7364

I made a thread in bugs report. Hopefully, since this affects all classes’ bouncing skills, it will be fixed much quicker than izerker.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

If IE is traited, iMage bounces twice. Target gets 3 confusion stacks and 2 closest allies receive retaliation.

This gives me hope to finally justify using the torch in a WvW build! Thanks for the confirmed info, I’ll be testing my new build tonight and probably posting it right after if I deem it worthy =)

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

“Hey, can i get a burger?”

After 8 months

“Here is ur chips”

I loled

in Mesmer

if i recall correctly dont players have priority over clones and summons when it comes to buffs/heals?

Sadly, there doesn’t seem to be any priority at all. I’m testing it now, and its nearest bounce-able target. Only time I got it to bounce onto me is when i’m nearer than clones.

wow thats stupid then

80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]

in Mesmer

Noince.7364

If IE is traited, iMage bounces twice. Target gets 3 confusion stacks and 2 closest allies receive retaliation.

This gives me hope to finally justify using the torch in a WvW build! Thanks for the confirmed info, I’ll be testing my new build tonight and probably posting it right after if I deem it worthy =)

Don’t. As it is now, all bouncing skills which can bounce to allies are worthless. Clones are going to leech and waste your bluffing bounces.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Bouncing to Illusions is something I’ve actually always wanted, it seemed silly to have the GS require long range for max damage then require we be at least at half range to ensure Mirror Blade has a full effect. Being able to bounce it off a Zerker seemed to make sense.

However, I also assumed if they ever made such a change that they would put Illusions at the absolute bottom of the priority list, it’s just common sense. In fact id place Phantasms just above Clones, better a Zerker gets Might than a Clone.

We already has months of dealing with Illusions eating group buffs before that was finally fixed. I remember our Guardian would yell out that he was doing his tome’s big heal and I’d immediately shatter my Illusions so he wouldn’t waste it on them :P

If fixed properly this can potentially be quite the boon to us if priority is added. The ability to get bounces on Mirror Blade against a single target at max range, or to bounce your Illusionary Elasticitied Staff attacks off clones and back at enemies is nice. Yes, they need to make that trait affect Phantasms at least, but this IS a step in the right direction – even if they skipped an important prior step. But since this wasn’t in the patch notes then odds are it wasn’t actually intended to be released just yet. We’ll likely see this change reverted for now.

(edited by Dastion.3106)

in Mesmer

Noince.7364

I think this issue is unintended and occurred because of a change of codes in a totally un-related issue. Doesn’t reflect goodly on A-net’s coding team, where a change to one thing breaks another. (Phantasm summoning sickness remember?)

Problem is, when will it be fixed. Will it be become similar to izerker, an abandoned child?

in Mesmer

Don’t. As it is now, all bouncing skills which can bounce to allies are worthless. Clones are going to leech and waste your bluffing bounces.

retaliation is decent on clones >.>

in Mesmer

Iruwen.3164

I made a thread in bugs report. Hopefully, since this affects all classes’ bouncing skills, it will be fixed much quicker than izerker.

Is this confirmed, do other classes have the same issues?
I just tested it during normal gameplay and almost never got might since a clone or phantasm is usually closer to the target.

in Mesmer

Posted by: bobross.5034

bobross.5034

wow, never ran prismatic understanding, or torch, so I never noticed the bug. Now that it’s fixed…well still don’t care for either.

my sense of stealth is we use it to briefly whipe targetting, and confuse opponents, not to try and sit in it like a d/p thief….that trait doesn’t change that, so it seems pretty worthless, especially considering the much better traits you give up to take it.

in Mesmer

Noince.7364

Is this confirmed, do other classes have the same issues?
I just tested it during normal gameplay and almost never got might since a clone or phantasm is usually closer to the target.

Tested with a necro friend. The bouncing sickle is wasting bounces by going enemy1→clone1→clone2→clone1→clone2. etc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

However, I also assumed if they ever made such a change that they would put Illusions at the absolute bottom of the priority list, it’s just common sense. In fact id place Phantasms just above Clones, better a Zerker gets Might than a Clone.

Well, I’m not sure if illusions are affected if they get Might. Bleeding ticks don’t do more damage if my clone has Might, just if I do. I can’t really test if a phantasm hits harder with Might on it. I guess it doesn’t, though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Wow, that bouncing thing is just…bah.

-Hey, Anet, please fix IE for affecting clones/phants please!
-Ok!
patch happens
-Anet, what the kitten is that? I meant having clones casting IE traited stuff, not IE getting wasted on them!
-Ah you meant that…i…must have misunderstood..ok…
trows the bug report in “hopeless” section alongside iZerker dmg

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

(edited by AndrewSX.3794)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

IE for iMage is fixed now though. So now all phantasm/clone attacks that bounce work with IE except staff clones right? Is this now a statement saying they don’t intend for it to work with WoC clones, or just continue to wait?

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Noince.7364

Wow, that bouncing thing is just…bah.

-Hey, Anet, please fix IE for affecting clones/phants please!
-Ok! (nothing really done)
patch happens
-Anet: Huh? Wut? Something happened? How? I dunno >.>
trows the bug report in “hopeless” section alongside iZerker dmg

Fixed. Btw, go check up necro’s supposedly staff mastery and greater marks trait fixes. Had a good laugh. Oh, A-net you beast. “Fixes”.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snoxx.7943

Snoxx.7943

Here are my test results on bouncing attacks:

- Staff clones do not get an extra bounce (unfortunately that’s what we were hoping for)

- bouncing attacks can now indeed bounce off illusions

- bouncing attacks can now bounce enemy1 —> enemy2 —> enemy1
(this is new! and it’s good! before patch it was enemy —> ally —> enemy. if there was no ally near enough it didn’t bounce at all)

- the bounces will aggro nearby non-aggroed mobs (go try it at the test dummy golems in the mist. shoot staff autoattacks from 1200 range, you’ll hit an additional golem nearby)

- unfortunately, seems it can also bounce enemy1 —> ally —> ally
(or in a mesmer-typical situation: enemy1 —> clone1 —> clone2)

- but I’ve also seen the old enemy —> ally —> enemy pattern
(now possible as enemy —> clone —> enemy)

I’m not sure which pattern has the higher priority. That’s pretty confusing to test. I can only say for sure the enemy —> enemy —> enemy pattern has lowest priority. It only occurs if neither you or your clones are close enough for bounces.

- the mesmer itself doesn’t have higher bounce/boon priority than his clones. The bounces occur to whoever is closer to the target.

- as a result, clones receive a lot of the boons

- unfortunately, boons are worthless on clones
(might on a clone doesn’t increase it’s bleed damage)

- underwater trident clones follow the same patterns

in Mesmer

Iruwen.3164

6 stacks of might on a ranger’s juvenile spider -.-

in Mesmer

Noince.7364

I knew it. Ask for clones to hit ranger pets? See what happens.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Oh my god! illusions stealing my boons… big big issue here.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliesume.1687

Eliesume.1687

All the GS player, at least you still have an attack. Staff player often relied on enemy-player-enemy pattern to build conditions and get boons. Now it’s all gone, staff Mesmer build is kitten.

~Tarnished Coast~
80’s – Ele, Guard, Mes, Necro, Ranger, Thief, War

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

It’s actually not so bad if you want to stay at range and let the bouncing mechanic do the damage. It’s bad if you want the buff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Dunno about GS, but Staff is more then fine with this patch.

Condi Mesmer is back with a vengence, and Torch got a nice boost too. Great patch so far IMO. Been playing Staff/Torch condies with PU and can only say that those Staff clones are tearing kittens up now.

In fact, I’m kinda expecting nerfs, though I hope it stays because it’s not really any worse then several other condie specced classes. It’s nice to have that option, and a refreshing change of play for the Mesmer.

I am even starting to like the iMage now. I think they’ve increased the speed on bounces or something, just all seems to work better then before.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Vote for:
New Grandmaster Trait instead of one of the useless ones (Chaos Trait giving Boon on interrupt for instance) Every Boon applied to youre Illusions is allso applied to the player!
Fixxes the friggin staff isue and makes Chaosstorm a Beast with good Clone positioning!

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]