Game Update Notes – June 03, 2014

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Mesmer

The Prestige: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to lack its range indicator.

Polymorph Moa: Updated the skill facts for moa attacks.
Claw: Added a skill fact for maximum number of targets (3).
Kick: Added a skill fact for maximum number of targets (3).
Peck: Added a skill fact for maximum number of targets (3). Updated the skill fact for number of attacks (4).
Screech: Added a skill fact for maximum number of targets (4).

Arcane Thievery: Fixed a bug that caused the Far-Reaching Manipulations trait to reduce the cooldown of this skill.

Mimic: Fixed a bug that caused the underwater channel for this skill to be shorter than the on-land channel.

Common

Finisher: Added a check to verify that the player’s target is within range before beginning the finisher animation.

Regarding Finisher – I haven’t tested this but guessing this is the end of Portal, Blink, Phase retreat Stomps? Blink, Portal and Retreat stomps still work.

Hope there is a stealth fix to iWarden among other bugs.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

(edited by Xavi.6591)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

wait if they nerf ph retreat+ blink stomps and portal stumps, they couldnt encourage us mesmers who roam more….

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Given the history here, we should probably go looking for stealth bugs first.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Phase retreat/blink and portal stomps both work fine, just tested.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Whew!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

It’s not a lot, but it is some bug fixes..

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I don’t understand the finisher change. How was anyone starting the finisher animation without being in range in the first place?

in Mesmer

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

Given the history here, we should probably go looking for stealth bugs first.

This week’s stealth nerf are bosses reflectable projectile no more reflectable at matrona and some other stuff all around.

On next episode “the mesmer agony” they’ll put lupi unreflectable but the best till to come:

2 july, last episode “anet defeating evil mesmer” with special guest and tons of special effect:

1) press distorsion start autodestruction lasting 1 sec for each clone you have up
2) sword autoattack sum a invulnerable champion hitting the mesmer
3) new wonderfull gm trait if you take it you get kicked from the istance

STAY TUNED

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in Mesmer

Posted by: ungascarlo.7459

ungascarlo.7459

yea i have heard about that bosses reflectable projectile is no more reflectable by our feedbacks and such. so now our utilities are for trash mobs only… A-net might as well tell everybody to reroll to warriors ..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eucalyptus.9784

Eucalyptus.9784

yea i have heard about that bosses reflectable projectile is no more reflectable by our feedbacks and such. so now our utilities are for trash mobs only… A-net might as well tell everybody to reroll to warriors ..

Bosses were never meant to die in 15 seconds from their own projectile mechanics. Use your brain.

Hybrid PU Clone Spam Build – Chaos Clones

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Bosses were never meant to die in 15 seconds from their own projectile mechanics. Use your brain.

We did. That’s how we came up with a clever way to punish the boss for trying to unload so many projectiles at once.

in Mesmer

Eucalyptus.9784

We did. That’s how we came up with a clever way to punish the boss for trying to unload so many projectiles at once.

Also know as an exploit…

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Imagine a thief doing unload and i feedback him. He continues unloading and kills himself. Exploit? Warrior killshots and I Mirror heal his projectile, he dies. Exploit?

High risk vs. high reward goes both ways, for players and for NPC’s.

(edited by frifox.5283)

in Mesmer

Eucalyptus.9784

That’s a really bad comparison, because in PvP the skill really IS supposed to reflect the projectile.

It’s much easier to exploit PvE because mechanics are in place that happen every time X thing happens. Is it an exploit to reflect pve damage? Maybe not. Was it intended to 1 shot Wurm/Lupicus/other massive bosses? Definitely not.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

That’s a really bad comparison, because in PvP the skill really IS supposed to reflect the projectile.

And this differs from PvE, where apparently the ‘projectile reflection’ skill isn’t supposed to reflect the ‘projectile’?

Explain that one please.

in Mesmer

Eucalyptus.9784

Maybe they did want us to kill bosses in 15 seconds with the right setup/knowledge. It’s not completely absurd if I mull it over. Who knows. I’m just saying, don’t be surprised when it does get nerfed.

I mostly replied due to the fact that not being able to 1 shot bosses is apparently a reason to switch classes. Sad.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Maybe they did want us to kill bosses in 15 seconds with the right setup/knowledge. It’s not completely absurd if I mull it over. Who knows. I’m just saying, don’t be surprised when it does get nerfed.

I mostly replied due to the fact that not being able to 1 shot bosses is apparently a reason to switch classes. Sad.

It’s not so much a reason to switch classes as it is one less reason to bother bringing a mesmer into a dungeon.

in Mesmer

ungascarlo.7459

we actually used our brain, its projectile so we reflect it because we have reflect. If the boss dies because of reflected high damage then they should have nerf the damage or put a damage cap on reflect. Not just make reflect useless on projectiles.

I am not sad that we 1 shot bosses (i am a mesmer but never even did this). I am sad because now there will be less reason to bring mesmers in dungeon because our reflects wont help the party.

Just nerf the reflect damage. with that change, our reflect still works that helps the party and the boss still lives because we did not one shot him. No exploits done, no utilities rendered almost useless

(edited by ungascarlo.7459)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Also know as an exploit…

Reflects are exploits now.

http://i.imgur.com/9ZUeg0Z.jpg
^read that.

Btw, what other bosses aren’t reflectable anymore beside Malrona?

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

ungascarlo.7459

ok so using reflects because projectiles will not hurt you is now considered exploits. lets remove the idea of reflects now..

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Also know as an exploit…

^read that.

Just note that that quote is going on 1+ years old, and was made by a guy that no longer works at anet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lydon.1890

Lydon.1890

Lol, how is using a skill for its intended purpose an exploit? They should have just capped the damage it does to bosses. Problem solved.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

the most correct thing they could’ve done, would be to turn “reflect” into “absorb” with all “unintended reflectable” projectiles.

Isn’t it awesome to have to make your iWarden weaker (untrait) it to make it actually work on some projectiles? Best example would be Asuran Fractal’s Tom Boss. Untraited iWarden & Smoke Wall > reflect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

wait if they nerf ph retreat+ blink stomps and portal stumps, they couldnt encourage us mesmers who roam more….

I know how portal stumps working, but what is “blink stump”?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Also know as an exploit…

^read that.

Just note that that quote is going on 1+ years old, and was made by a guy that no longer works at anet.

I am well aware of that. Does this make it less accurate?

Blink Stomp is Staff 2 when starting animation then Blink back to target.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

thx, will know.

in Mesmer

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

Nope, you need to use YOUR brain

75% of bosses doesn’t have projectile to reflect.

They die in 10 sec anyway without mesmer and reflect.

Yesterday we did 3 times matrona in exactly the same spot as prepatch, we didnt use a single reflect (not working) and we killed it in all 3 path in less than 10 sec before matrona cast its unreflectable attack.

The only result of this change is that instead shotting a boss in 10 sec with mesmer reflect i shot boss in 10 sec with thief.

so go back wvw staff mesmer dont speak of think you dont know <3

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

I know how portal stumps working, but what is “blink stump”?

when u stomp for example a guardian, use phace retreat to get barely out of his pushback, then blink back to him right before the stomp ends

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Also know as an exploit…

I never knew that using a skill in it’s intended way now is an exploit. Jungle wurm was not intended to take so much damage, and they fixed it, by allowing some projectiles to be reflected (based on what Arenanet stated in patch notes) but many ignore it.

So even going by that, they still intended for projectiles to be reflectable. However, now we have bosses that are completely unblockable, let me rephrase, we have minor bosses that have completely unblockable attacks, except for a phantasm that only does what it wants, when it wants.

Edit: The complaint here is not that ‘we can’t 1-shot a boss’ and saying that we are crying over this is so far from the truth. We don’t care about that. What we do care about is being able to protect the party for a few seconds from an attack that (can) 1 hits us! Instead, with this change, and if others come for more bosses, we won’t take feedback at all, we’ll take a skill that doesn’t help the party so much as saves ourselves… because we’ll have no alternative apart from taking a different class. I enjoy mesmer in dungeons because I can do a lot of damage, support the party as needed in certain situations, and shut down enemies at crucial times via daze/stun/feedback/etc, and not just be a source of timewarp and irrelevant the rest of the time!

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

PvE shouldn’t be restrict to banging our heads against bosses/mobs. Reflect damage is a clever way to play the game, it shouldn’t be punished simply because its different from normal damage. Mesmer already have a very niche role, most other roles can be done better in other professions, why strip all our specialties?

This is part of the reason why I against Powerblock nerf for npc, bosses already have defiance to prevent frequent interruption. Players should be rewarded for coordinating mesmer interrupt. But apparently ANet wants everyone to play like warrior.

Back to the topic:
I really don’t hope for any “mesmer professional balance” they announced nowadays. Nothing good came out of it, and some can be bad things. There are so many good skins for focus but I rarely spend any gold on it due to this. Kitten, I craft the Anomaly to sell it instead of using it myself, I crafted four already and have yet to unlock its skin.

(edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128)