Game breaking mesmer bugs/nerfs/issues...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Assyrian.4827

Assyrian.4827

they should remove the speed buff from SoI because when I lay my Temporal Curtain in front of me and get the speed buff from SoI then I will not get anything from crossing Temporal Curtain.
we need 25 speed buff not an rng buff that is broken.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

That is as quality of life issue. Some people would say OOC SOI should give nothing but speed…. Once again this thread is more about the bugs that keep getting introduced.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Haru Kane.4623

Haru Kane.4623

How do people feel about Illusionary Leap on sword I feel like the immobilize doesn’t work correctly half the time. ex. I leap to the target right when he is dodging/evading and he ends up three body lengths away from me (out of the cleave range) immobilized from the skill. Either he shouldn’t be immobilized at all ( because he evaded the immobilize) or he shouldn’t be 3 body lengths away from me, it doesn’t make sense. I don’t think this has been an issue since the begging of the game I think it just recently came up about a month ago or so.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

That is an issue with Immobilize in general…. I notice it most in pve on my thief.. I use devourer venom… and the mob teleports away… Its been around for months.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

#bumpybump#
15chars

in Mesmer

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

Blink is also bugged, it doesn’t break stun

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

JohnPoc… I hadn’t noticed that one when I play… Thanks for bringing it up… Anyone else confirm?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Well, no. I use it all the time, it indeed does break stun.
What it doesn’t, however, is recover from control while you are moving (pulled/launched/etc), you have to wait for the character to lay still on the ground if you don’t want to waste the CD. But every stun break is the same regarding that, so more of a stunbreak bug (or feature) than a blink or mesmer bug.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I dunno. The fact that every so often, Decoy will pop clone/stunbreak … but not Stealth me, is pretty blasted obnoxious. Past that, our continual issues with LoS and “obstructed” are never entertaining. And, no, I do not like the new Illusionary Elasticity logic. Ew. >_<

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Elidath.5679

Illusionnary Elasticity didn’t change. Standard rebound behaviour did. But I get what you mean
Decoy not stealthing is generally due to in-flight projectiles : any damage you inflict while in stealth will destealth. So a projectile fired before decoy will destealth you if it lands after decoy. Standard stealth behaviour, but I agree it is counterintuitive and doesn’t seem like expected behaviour.

All in all, those might be bugs, but not mesmer specific bugs.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

The pZerker is most definitely a mesmer issue… And the bouncing behavior needs changed for all classes… what they did in this recent patch is just bad.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mighty Helm.1268

Mighty Helm.1268

—Shatter times are wrong, says 42 sec in tool tip but it really takes 46 sec.(f4)
—Get hit all the time after being invisible for 2 or 3 sec (not channel shills)
—2 skill GS bounce well could go anywhere.
—Teleport doesnt break stuns
— dodging sometimes doesnt create a clone
—3 skill on sword is horrible if there is even a bump in the road

Plan = Not buying gems until these are fixed, I encourge us all to do this. To say your making this vow, draw a gem at the end of your response —> (@)

(edited by Mighty Helm.1268)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

Agreed. These are all glaring mesmer issues which need to be fixed. Sure, Mesmers are powerful, but that is no reason to justify leaving bugs in. Resolve the bugs, then adjust the numbers as needed to make the class “balanced” (granted I think it’s balanced already and that people just don’t know how to pick out the real mesmer, but that’s a whole different topic that I’d rather not delve into here).

The iZerker and the bouncing changes are definitely the worst. I was using GS on jade maw the other day in fractals along with another mesmer who’s a friend of mine. He runs a power build, I run a condition build with zero power. We were comparing damage numbers from the iZerker on the tentacles, and they were incredibly sporadic. There would be times when my iZerker would do more damage than his because his inexplicably would miss, and vice-versa (though clearly mine SHOULD have the lower damage numbers since I have no power in my build).

Then, let’s look at the bouncing changes. Ideally, bouncing attacks would do the following: they would hit the enemy, then bounce to the nearest human-controlled enemy/ally. If no human-controlled character was within range of the bounce, THEN the bounce would go to a clone/pet/turret/etc, so that it could then bounce back to a human-controlled enemy/ally. However, we’ve been stuck with lesser options thusfar. Before this egregious nerf, bounces would simply fizzle out if there was no human-controlled character nearby to receive them (in fact, they had to bounce to an ally first before going back to the target). Now, we’re in an even worse scenario: we (“we” in the sense of staff-using condition mesmers) have to tediously micro-manage clone placement to be successful. If a clone is nearest to the target it will get the bounce, but that’s not the worst of it. That bounce will then go to a second clone if it is close enough to the first clone that received the bounce. This means that a condition mesmer has to kite and be acutely aware of his surroundings insofar that he is closer to the target than his clones whilst still avoiding melee damage and he has to make sure that his clones are spread out so that if one receives a bounce, it won’t bounce to a second clone. In PvE this isn’t terribly difficult, but in WvW it is a nightmare, especially when you consider that you’re fighting multiple players at once, all of whom move freely and autonomously, who can’t be led to an ideal location with any degree of reliability. Also, when you consider that a staff user’s main defensive mechanisms (Phase Retreat and dodging) generate clones, it becomes nearly impossible to maintain a proper balance of offensive clone generation, active defense, and ideal clone positioning.

Hopefully these issues will get addressed soon. It is very disheartening to see bugs for other classes get fixed overnight while the mesmer has many serious bugs, some of which have been around for months. Certainly we are not the only class with bugs, but the amount of inaction (or at least perceived inaction due to a lack of communication) is astonishing and truly disheartening for a game as engaging and revolutionary as GW2.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

The iZerker and the bouncing changes are definitely the worst.

Plus (deceptive evasion) clones targeting the nearest target, even if it’s yellow or a critter. Dunno how many clones suddenly shattered behind me on a critter instead of running into my actual target.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

The iZerker and the bouncing changes are definitely the worst.

Plus (deceptive evasion) clones targeting the nearest target, even if it’s yellow or a critter. Dunno how many clones suddenly shattered behind me on a critter instead of running into my actual target.

Yes, that one is a huge pain as well. It can be extremely frustrating when fighting any class that has pets/clones/turrets/minions (so about half the classes) because the deceptive evasion clones attack/shatter on the pets on not the player. I would love to see clones attack whatever the current target is when they’re created, and only in instances of the mesmer having no target would they attack the closest non-allied entity.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

If this thread gets over four pages, one dev will show up with exactly one post and you wanna know what the post will be about? “WE WILL LOOK INTO IT and it should be fixed soon”, months passes by and we get more “we will look into it”. This is how they roll and in almost 10 months every1 should know it by now.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Illusionnary Elasticity didn’t change. Standard rebound behaviour did. But I get what you mean
Decoy not stealthing is generally due to in-flight projectiles : any damage you inflict while in stealth will destealth. So a projectile fired before decoy will destealth you if it lands after decoy. Standard stealth behaviour, but I agree it is counterintuitive and doesn’t seem like expected behaviour.

All in all, those might be bugs, but not mesmer specific bugs.

About Decoy… This is what happens when WoC takes so long to reach target that you have enough time to make a sandwich… If WoC wasn’t taking three centuries to reach the targeted enemy we wouldn’t have Decoy’s problem.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

If someone looks into something for too long, at some point (s)he will forget what (s)he was looking for.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

You might want to edit the OP to reference the proper bug. There is nothing wrong with illusionary elasticity (except for Clones/Illusions not gaining an extra bounce. But it’s unclear if that’s a bug or an unclarified exception). The issue is with the behavior of all bouncing skills.

If you point a bug tester in the wrong direction they’re all too likely to test based on the false information and not delve any further, then subsequent reports look like they’re referencing the same thing.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

You might want to edit the OP to reference the proper bug. There is nothing wrong with illusionary elasticity (except for Clones/Illusions not gaining an extra bounce. But it’s unclear if that’s a bug or an unclarified exception). The issue is with the behavior of all bouncing skills.

If you point a bug tester in the wrong direction they’re all too likely to test based on the false information and not delve any further, then subsequent reports look like they’re referencing the same thing.

Kk i’ll update

Edit: Updated… But honestly I am not sure if any bug tester or Arena Net employee has glanced at this thread.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

(edited by jportell.2197)

in Mesmer

Elidath.5679

—Teleport doesnt break stuns

As said before, teleport definitely break stun. It has been on my bar since beta, and never did it fail me. Except in the case I mentionned : while still being moved by a CC, which is not a Blink-specific behaviour.

Can you provide the circumstances where it did fail for you (cause of stun, traits, weapon used…) ? There might be a bug under some specific conditions I never encountered, and knowing the trigger would surely help a lot for a bug fix.