Gearing a Mesmer

Gearing a Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bedinar.1754

Bedinar.1754

I’m looking for advice on gearing my mesmer. I’m not exactly sure which stats I want a lot of. I plan on mainly doing WvW with my mesmer, and so I figure toughness would be good. I love using confusion on people. I find it effective and funny at the same time. So I figured condition damage would be a good stat, but I also like using the Greatsword a lot. Which doesn’t seem to be a great weapon for condition damage. In fact I like using GS and Staff which seem to be opposite in what I would want for stats.

I was thinking something like focusing on pre/tough/condi. Any advice would be great though as I’m really just taking a shot in the dark. Maybe I should only go for so much toughness but get all the condi I can find…? I dont know.

Thank you for your help.

Fort Aspenwood
Human Ele – Koenix
Sylvari Mesmer – Tenshi No Kanade

Gearing a Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bombul.2506

Bombul.2506

It really depends on your weapon choices and trait choices. I have been playing GS/main sword focus off and I trait for glamer skills. All three of the weapons and OH Sword benefit greatly from power but do nut use much in the way of condition damage. I tend to wear Power/vit/toughness armor and slot Precision/toughness/crit accessories and jewels.

If you are traiting for shatter (with appropriate condition effects), then condition damage becomes viable.

If you were to run Staff, scepter, torch these weapon benefit alot from condition damage.

Pistol…sorry, have pretty much completely ignored this weapon post 80 so not sure but I suspect condition and power are both great options.

Illusion nation traits…condition would be good.

Mantra traiting…let me know, I really want to try it out.

You can sort of see where I am going here I imagine.

Gearing a Mesmer

in Mesmer

Bedinar.1754

I’m going for a more shatter build if that helps. Not sure how viable those are in wvw, but I find it enjoyable to pump out a million clones and to try and blow them up.

Fort Aspenwood
Human Ele – Koenix

Gearing a Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

Then go maximizing power/crit damage if you like mind wrack. Check out Osicat’s thread about shattering:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/guide-WvWvW-Shatter-cat

If you do mostly WvW note that you should probably considering taking centaur runes (or if you’re really rich go for air runes) in order to have good mobility with swiftness.

Gearing a Mesmer

in Mesmer

Bedinar.1754

Thanks for the advice.

Fort Aspenwood
Human Ele – Koenix

Gearing a Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Josh.6213

Josh.6213

i do confusion/shatter build scepter torch/and staff best i found for confusion and you can pretty much have clones out non stop….here is a vid of a very good confusion shatter build http://www.mytoptrailer.com/show.php?game=guildwars2&vid=o3ORbmjDPuE

Gearing a Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

The staff is good for condition damage. The auto-attack inflicts burning and when the orbs bounces back to you, it stacks might. I haven’t tested in recently but last i played, clones’ orbs also bounced back to you, stacking more might. That and with the trait, “sharper Images” which make clone attacks cause bleeding on crits can literally make enemies melt in seconds. As for WvW, confusing builds seem to work best. I still see a lot of people that don’t seem to understand how confusion works so they keep attacking and essentially kill themselves in the process. It’s quite humorous!