Glamour Build?

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Oliver.7201

Oliver.7201

So the theme of the build is very confusion heavy, using glamours to blind foes that stacks confusion. I usually keep to the scepter/torch, switching to the staff if i need a quick escape or skill. I start of battle by using torch 4 and scepter 3 then scepter 2. At that point I’ll pop off null field or feedback. I tend to not use veil as much but its good to get out of the heat and get a look at the battle field.

I use the build in both pve and pvp, although in pve I don’t do as much damage my glamours act as aoe blind/confuse. So I generally tag quite a few mobs. In pvp its much more effective, I tend to die less and I can take one or two people but my damage is completely tied to them skill spamming.

I use a scepter/torch and staff weapon combination, and have 30 in Illusions, 20 inspiration and 20 in domination. Getting all the glamour related traits; here’s a link to the build:
http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.8.2.7.17.0.0.0.0.0.180.199.200.202.204.0.0.0.529.533.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.572.579.0.590.593.594.20.0.0.20.30

I would really like some opinions on what people think of this build, even if its bad.

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Honestly, that build’s one I’ve used at times, and it’s a sick bastid in WvW. I’ve had mixed results for straight pve, due to the relatively slower attack speed on mobiles. (Although, it rips on fast/multi-attacker bosses). Also, this variant allows one to keep Illusionary Persona handy, which is aces. (Another set is easier to swap glamour-frag on to, but loses IP: 0/20/20(or 0)/0(or 20)/30, with all Confusion/Glamour traits applicable.)

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

Veil works for PVP and is actually really fun and effective with Confusing Enchantments. However, I still do not like the Blinding Befuddlement/Dazzling Glamour combo. 2 Major Traits for 1 Blind and 2x Confusion every 30 seconds or so always seem like a waste to me.

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: blackbolt.8160

blackbolt.8160

you might have some issues 1v1 with this build bec. as Ojimaru said they have long cooldowns. Also the glamour skills are more effective against large groups, and i really think feedback and null field are enough. i say drop veil for another utility.

may i recommend you look at videos of Kyliad, he has a build very similar to this and he gives a lot of tips on it

in my personal experience with builds such as these, they are great for mob against mob, but they sort of suffer when you fail to do significant damage in your inital burst, or after you kill one another person comes along. deceptive evasion is such a strong skill its so hard to do without.

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

This kind of build is EXTREMLY strong if you run in a guild group. If you run with a unorganiced team its value lesser. If you time glamour with 10 other players aoe and aim on a same position the enemy group cant do alot exept hand over the lootbags.

/Osicat

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Oliver.7201

may i recommend you look at videos of Kyliad, he has a build very similar to this and he gives a lot of tips on it

wow your right, he has some really good videos for glamour

you might have some issues 1v1 with this build bec. as Ojimaru said they have long cooldowns. Also the glamour skills are more effective against large groups, and i really think feedback and null field are enough. i say drop veil for another utility.

Yeah it is a bit hard 1v1, I was thinking of dropping veil but i’m not sure if I should go for mirror images or blink, signet of midnight and portal entre don’t look to bad ether.

This kind of build is EXTREMLY strong if you run in a guild group. If you run with a unorganiced team its value lesser. If you time glamour with 10 other players aoe and aim on a same position the enemy group cant do alot exept hand over the lootbags.

Yeah, In pve I was running with a couple of rangers and those combos hit real hard

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Do you find the lack of speed without focus an issue with this build ?

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

I would really like some opinions on what people think of this build, even if its bad.

That’s the basic outline of my wvW Glamour build.

Couple notes:

1. Going full-on Glamour is pretty potent in large-scale WvW. It was particularly brutal back when turtle stacks were popular. You can imagine how much turtles like standing in Null Field (killing stability and protection) along with Feedback, bonus blinds and a good stack of confusion. Best part is half the damage output of the turtle is projectile-based. Really nasty. Just have to time it with the rest of your forces, which is what voice comms are for.

2. For large scale WvW, use Focus with Warden’s Feedback. I also get Medic’s Feedback and take none of the Glamour traits in Insp, oddly enough.

3. Using the same condition damage gear, you can swap a few glamour traits out for better 1v1 capability when you are not with a large WvW group. This is mostly a utility and maybe 1-2 trait thing.

4. Using the same 20/0/0/20/30 trait setup, you can full swap to power gear and GS for a power-based Shatter build (with Warden’s feedback instead of Deceptive Evasion).

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliesume.1687

Eliesume.1687

For 3 slivers, this is my build for my server’s off hours, since we are defending keeps against invaders, many many trigger happy invaders. hehe ~~

yah, like others said, pretty bad in 1v1, Glamour skills all have extremely long CD. Portal used to be a bit better with only 60s CD and you create essentially 2 glamour feilds, but at 90s, I go with Veil now.

~Tarnished Coast~
80’s – Ele, Guard, Mes, Necro, Ranger, Thief, War

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Oliver.7201

Do you find the lack of speed without focus an issue with this build ?

Only in WvW and sometimes in PvE, but if I have the time I swap out for the focus for the speed and swap back after. As EasymodeX.4062 said the focus is better in WvW, I prefer the torch for PvP and PvE, gotta love that prestige.

4. Using the same 20/0/0/20/30 trait setup, you can full swap to power gear and GS for a power-based Shatter build (with Warden’s feedback instead of Deceptive Evasion).

I’ll have to try that out it, I was running a shatter build before this one but I wanted to mix things up a little.

yah, like others said, pretty bad in 1v1, Glamour skills all have extremely long CD. Portal used to be a bit better with only 60s CD and you create essentially 2 glamour feilds, but at 90s, I go with Veil now.

Those were the days \sigh* portal was fun for misleading opponents ^^; But yeah veil is a much better choice now, especially in pve. I just can’t resist rolling though it in PvP while fighting people.

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

I’m gearing up for a similar build, though I expect to go 30/0/0/10/30 w/ full Power/Precision/Condition Dmg stats.

I think Temporal Enchanter only adds a second or two to glamour fields, but what I really want is Confusion, Blind, and other conditions to last longer, even after people have dodged out of the field. Hence max Condition Duration (30 Domination) and Condition Damage (30 Illusions).

There are two traits you can play around with in Domination, only VIII Confusing Enchantments is necessary there. Torch cd reduction, GS cd reduction, +20% Mind Wrack, Vuln on Shatter are all options. All other traits are required.

(edited by kurtosis.9526)

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deimos.6493

Deimos.6493

I’m gearing up for a similar build, though I expect to go 30/0/0/10/30 w/ full Power/Precision/Condition Dmg stats.

I think Temporal Enchanter only adds a second or two to glamour fields, but what I really want is Confusion, Blind, and other conditions to last longer, even after people have dodged out of the field. Hence max Condition Duration (30 Domination) and Condition Damage (30 Illusions).

There are two traits you can play around with in Domination, only VIII Confusing Enchantments is necessary there. Torch cd reduction, GS cd reduction, +20% Mind Wrack, Vuln on Shatter are all options. All other traits are required.

I am also considering using this trait setup with GS as a main weapon for WvW, but I am not sure if Rampager’s or Carrion gear would be better, or maybe mix both. Still thinking if it’s worth it, at the moment I am running fully Berserker’s glass cannon with GS, usually 20/20/0/0/30.

(edited by Deimos.6493)

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xelnok.2397

Xelnok.2397

For roaming i think this could work fairly well, by dropping temporal enchanter you lose a few seconds on the glam fields, but if you take the torch cool down it gives you a blind/burn/stealth on a 24s cool down, the iMage on an 18 second cool down, and both of those remove conditions. (I know null field removes conditions as well, but i use that more offensively and depending on the situation i can’t run through it, where with both torch skills + null field conditions shouldnt be a problem), and both skills add confusion which works nicely with this build.

With the 10% extra duration on confusion from the dom line, CoF has a 5s duration and Confusing Images has an 8.5s duration (except when i mouse over the confusion it applies it shows 9s, not sure if its rounding up but not giving the full 9s duration.

(This is with rabid gear + veggie pizza)

What do you guys think about something like this?

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nero.8623

Nero.8623

You guys are all onto the build I’ve been using but you haven’t quite hit it on the nose. If you want to watch me using a confusion/glamour build in action check out the latest videos in my stream.

www.twitch.tv/nero1209

Additionally I will be streaming a bit today. My team (JBUO) went 15-0 last night in paids while I was running my build so clearly it is viable.

I have been trying to branch out from power shatter for SO long and I’ve finally found a build that allows me to do just that.

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

Hi Nero, missed your stream, any chance if time permits giving us a trait, skill and gear breakdown here ? Would be greatly appreciated.

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Nero.8623

No problem.

Currently I’m running 0/30/0/10/30. Here is everything:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VPFRZ;1VPF-127JVV71;9;5T-9T;1389;11;045Aawl6-J0-isXAisXA2Vb

The past two nights I’ve been running this build. I constantly work on making new builds outside of the standard 20/20/0/0/30 which is essentially the bread and butter for mesmer.

If you want to watch some gameplay of this check out www.twitch.tv/nero1209.

With this build you can effectively deal with essentially all of those pesky classes that people made builds for to specifically deal with or at least give those shatter mesmers a tough time.

While you don’t have the boon stripping on shatters, you do have null field which is extremely effective.

I can’t even begin to spell out what a well timed feedback can do in the middle of a team fight— or even in a 1-1.

While I was originally focused around having my glamours blind/confuse between the two traits in illusions I ended up dropping both of those and opting for more shatter specy type traits. This is both to increase the builds offensive and defensive capabilities. Sometimes you just really need to hit your distortion to get that key 1 second of invlun when you don’t have any clones out.

Your main focus is keeping as much confusion on your enemy as possible. While null field and feedback are amazing abilities, if they are not well timed it could spell out your downfall.

You want to keep your chaos armor up as much as possible— since both weapon sets have access to a leap finisher, and having access to a multitude of ethereal fields there is essentially no excuse for not having it up.

Also, use your duelist to add additional confusion stacks via either placing an ethereal field on your target the duelist is shooting at OR placing the ethereal field on your duelist while it is firing.

While this build does play similar to the shatter type combat style there are very specific differences in terms of the timings you need to execute in order to maximize your damage.

This is the only spec I have found that I can run in my team fight centric comp with my team that can replace my shatter spec.

Feel free to ask any questions here or on my stream!

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Are you finding you get a decent poison uptime with the Orrian rune set?

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Nero.8623

I am actually. It’s amazing for applying pressure via conditions and keeping your opponent on the back foot.

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

The duration is higher than I thought it would be, so the low% isn’t too terrible. Also Chaos Storm would fill in some of the gaps of duration.

I wonder if ANet will do anything about the Pistol trait granting 100% combo finishers. If not for that, I think Torch would be a much more interesting option, although iD is still stomps on it for bleed stacks.

Edit:

Are you using Portal for the sPvP node-purposes or primarily as a tool for multi-Blink on a longer cooldown?

(edited by EasymodeX.4062)

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Nero.8623

Hot joins I may switch portal out with blink.

I mostly play tournaments though. Portal is a must have for tournaments. You’re just not a mesmer if you don’t have portal on your utility bar.

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

EasymodeX.4062

Yeah I almost never play sPvP, so I don’t see it as a node-control tool.

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Hot joins I may switch portal out with blink.

I mostly play tournaments though. Portal is a must have for tournaments. You’re just not a mesmer if you don’t have portal on your utility bar.

And annoyingly people are demanding another portal nerf or even better that other classes get access to the portal skill but with a unique “flavor” to each class. :/

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Glamour Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

Thanks Nero, really appreciate the reply. Will definitely give it a try.