in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Nobody was using this for the damage anyway. It’s not even in the vicinity of a big deal.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Nobody was using this for the damage anyway. It’s not even in the vicinity of a big deal.

Which is why it’s highly annoying. Why even mess with it.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I think it’s fine. It still does a lot of damage, but it allows “calamity” to be the damage well and “gravity” to be the CC well. If you want good damage and control, nothing simpler: put them on top of each other. That hurts bad!

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

Of all the nerfs ours hurt the least by far.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

remember u can cast that well twice …..its not too bad of a nerf. the cc skill though do not touch i agree.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

If this is the worst that we get, we’ll be lucky.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

If this is the worst that we get, we’ll be lucky.

Of all the nerfs ours hurt the least by far.

Agreed, chronomancers seems to be overshadowed by some of the more heavy hitter elite specs so hopefully this should be the extent of it.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Not a bad nerf, but they should give when they take more often. Add a useful boon to it like stability. I think that was something they removed in an early beta possibly.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

I’d like to see Gravity Well’s radius increased from 240 to 360 and its CD increased from 90 to 120. As it is it’s a bit too small for its cast time and not having an on-cast Pull.

The damage I really don’t care about, although it’s troubling that they would nerf something that basically has no impact. Makes you wonder what other uncalled for nerfs they’d do.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Gravity Well is fine, with the amount of AoE CC it dishes out, plus being a dark field, a bit of a damage nerf is the best we could hope for.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

So the nerf streak has finally started? Took them long enough.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

It would be nice if it pulled first, floated, and then knocked down. Imagine it like the knockdown throwing you to the ground and bashing yourself into other players would be what causes the damage. Then yes, increase it’s radius and CD.

We can only dream at this point I guess.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

This elite skill basically sux rigth now, with its cc being so easily avoided and now doing no damage. Time Warp is much more usefull to me, except for its cd that is really very long.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tux der Pinguin.3049

Tux der Pinguin.3049

This was a lot needed change for pvp. This elite is very strong and powerfull and the damage it does is a lot. I run chronoshatter with zerker amu and this wells plays an important part in many group fights. Also, did you watch hellseths using of it? Its an great elite as long as you are not at foefire.
It is easy to get quickness and slows as chrono and timewarp is hard to use offensivly with big cd. I see moa against big bunkers and wells, but i dont need timewarp anymore. Used it on normal mesm though. Good teams will make timewsrp rezzes also quite hard, look at frostball and hellseth on the last prehot match. Both used tw but not a single time it kicked in.

(edited by Tux der Pinguin.3049)

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

When you dont have HoT
:^)

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

A good change if it prevents others from occuring.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Yeah you shouldn’t be able to do that much damage and CC.

looks at Dragonhunter

Oh…ok…

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

Yeah you shouldn’t be able to do that much damage and CC.

looks at Dragonhunter

Oh…ok…

Um. But it does more damage than the dragon maw? You have to consider that with alacrity and f5, two gravity wells would do the cc of maw and more than two times the damage with less cd.

Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

We have to consider every Chrono skill and ability and then compare how they do more damage then one DH skill?

Yeah I believe the balance team does that.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

It feels kind of weird that it does less damage than Well of Calamity, but I guess that’s the difference between the “heavy” damage and “massive” damage mentioned by their tooltips.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

I find it weird that Well of Action and Recall do more pulsing damage than Calamity and Gravity, but whatever.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Arenanet clearly likes this skill for the CC it brings and this is why most people use it as well. Nerfing the damage is a logical choice as the skill currently was too strong and they want to keep it as the heavy control well.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Arenanet clearly likes this skill for the CC it brings and this is why most people use it as well. Nerfing the damage is a logical choice as the skill currently was too strong and they want to keep it as the heavy control well.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Daniel Handler.4816

We have to consider every Chrono skill and ability and then compare how they do more damage then one DH skill?

Once is ranged the other is not. They balanced range wells vs melee traps.

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Once is ranged the other is not. They balanced range wells vs melee traps.

So is that why DH longbow does more damage then our sword?

Gravity Well damage nerf

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

Every profession does more damage with their weapons than ours thanks to Phantasms being damage pets.