Greatsword Illusion nerf?!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saiconica.6780

Saiconica.6780

So is this intended or a bug? Couldn’t find anything about this in the patch notes.

They took away the ONLY (besides crap staff 5 skill) damage skill that could be done to people standing on walls. If it stays like that I might as well just sit there and wait until the door/wall is open, because I can’t do anything.

Every class has an ability to hit people on walls. Yes even people who are not in LoS.

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

If iBerserker can no longer be cast on people on top of walls without LOS, this is a well-deserved fix, which hopefully applies to other professions skills that abuse this bug.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

I don’t know if it was fixed, but why are bug fixes always called nerf? People are just sad..

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dracones.9105

Dracones.9105

While it was fun to do this, it pretty obviously was a bug.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Well, if that’s true, without this bug we can pretty much respec confusion nodps leechers and dance. Naked.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

I don’t know if it was fixed, but why are bug fixes always called nerf? People are just sad..

Because the devs seem more interested in fixing bugs that give players an advantage while ignoring many bugs that make skills/traits/builds unusable. Remember last time when they “fixed” Phantasmal Haste so the warden waits longer between attacks, yet they neglected to apply the fix to the swordsman; it STILL doesn’t benefit the swordsman at all? At least they improved sceptre this time around to compensate for fixes that nerf the class.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

(edited by Gaiawolf.8261)

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Lol, took them long enough.

I guess mass siege will be that much more potent. Especially siege in previously “invulnerable-to-all-attacks-except-iBerserker” locations.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vortex.3604

Vortex.3604

Wow this is pretty weak. Every class has the ability to do stuff while in a siege and now you take our only way to kill people on walls away? Seriously what the kitten? So now I am reduced to just casting feedback, the kitteny ghetto sword #3???

Meh…thank god this game dont have sub fees…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hudry.3489

Hudry.3489

Meh they fixed an obvious bug, how silly of them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Derek.9254

Derek.9254

are people really complaining about the mesmer class…………………………………………………….. really……………………….. try playing a ranger and come back. Look at the patch notes its like rangers dont exist and yeah i have an 80 mesmer that ahs replaced my ranger so i know that in almost every situtation besides mobility mesmer is better

in Mesmer

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

I just did a quick test in WvW and I was still able to hit an NPC on a keep wall when I didn’t have line of sight. So can anyone else confirm if this was changed?

And if they do change the berserker I really hope they buff mind stab so we still have a viable AOE for siege situations.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArcticRed.3068

ArcticRed.3068

It still works for me.
I just spent the last hour under a keep wall killing people on <10% health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

are people really complaining about the mesmer class…………………………………………………….. really……………………….. try playing a ranger and come back. Look at the patch notes its like rangers dont exist and yeah i have an 80 mesmer that ahs replaced my ranger so i know that in almost every situtation besides mobility mesmer is better

If this is true, at least rangers can attack people and siege weaponry on walls still.

This would make mesmers near worthless at attacking siege on walls while most other classes still have some way to hit them.

What are we going to do? Chaos Storm the walls :/

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

pretty sure nothing was changed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

I don’t understand why this was ‘fixed’ when pretty much every form of AoE in this game ignores the elusive ‘line of sight’ and hits stuff through walls, doors and gates in WvW and certain other places.

A knee-jerk reaction to the misguided whining from glass cannons being ripped apart by the berserker, perhaps? It wouldn’t surprise me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

1) Who gives a crap if the mesmer cant do something another, or as the case may be, every other class can do (You guys, obviously, but all I see if unjustified crying so…)

2) Why not stand around outside a siege ready for some other aspect of the fight? If this argument were valid, then you should be crying about having nothing to do when you show up to a wall that has no siege placed on it. “Waaaah! I got to the tower and the enemy had not placed any siege. It’s so boring, I had nothing to do!”

3) Mesmer, without the existence of iBerserker, is by far the most fun class to play during a siege, or when positioned in the “lesser” position beneath an enemy at some higher location. With Temportal curtain you will make the enemy fear even standing on the wall to the point that they will withdraw right off it, IF they don’t die first.

In conclusion: My recommendation is to stop with the crying, stop being scrubs, and play to win. If you think that’s with a gcannon, DPS, crit, hsword, iBerserker build, then good for you. Keep up the tears.

Peace

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hudry.3489

Hudry.3489

I just checked and nothing was changed anyway. But I don’t expect it to remain that way forever.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dracones.9105

Dracones.9105

Ranger have 1 skills, barrage on longbow, which is useful for AE on sieges and it’s nowhere near as good as berserker. It’s pretty much comparable to chaos storm and has about the same cooldown.

in Mesmer

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

fix or no fix, stop complaining guys, you make all mesmer players look bad

we are an amazing class with great strengths, all classes must have weaknesses, ours is AOE and Speed.. learn to live with it and play with the cards you have

in Mesmer

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

With Temportal curtain you will make the enemy fear even standing on the wall to the point that they will withdraw right off it, IF they don’t die first.

In my experience the better players are smart enough to stand in positions where they won’t get pulled off.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taemek.1602

Taemek.1602

@alanis,

If thats the case, then I want ALL ground based AoE not be able to be cast down from the Wall and up the wall…..

Fair is fair.

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

@taemek

All the bugged skills that abuse LoS should obviously be fixed. There are several spells specifically designed to arc or ‘mark’ to get onto a wall.

Shooting down is even for everyone.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saiconica.6780

Saiconica.6780

Ok it works again!

Every class has some skill to do damage on keep walls. But it would be ok if they take away the mesmers skill? Okay, I get it……

But thanks for all the whiners for stopping by and your reasonable comments.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

No what we’re saying is that it’s just flat-out not ok if you can attack without LoS.

It’s horribly easy enough to take fortifications as is. If WvW needs anything it’s stability, so that upgrading keeps / towers is worth more even if you can’t constantly have 400 defenders manning every metre of the wall.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

It’s not easy to take fortifications if your team knows how the hell to defend.

We held Garrison against HOD and SBI at the same time (on HOD’s borderlands — e.g. HOD = easy siege placement) for over 7 hours straight through primetime.

Basically had outer walls down for 6 of those 7 hours, and fended off multiple 7+ omega golem rushes.

Had a tower under siege (at the same time) from SBI for nearly 3 hours straight and they couldn’t take it with Trebs, Catapults, rams (lol).

If anything, siege needs to be easier to kill than it is currently.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.