Greatsword Spatial Surge & Ranges

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tuccos.8592

Tuccos.8592

Since this is the only weapon left that is somehow useable as Mesmer, please remove this strange Range damage restrictions. Give it one Damage for all ranges and good.

Why should i do more damage to a mob further away than closer ? thats against the rules of Physics anyway. That might work for Arrows but not for Rays which spread the further they are.

GS sends out a Beam right ? then it should do more damage on close range and less on far targets. The developers showed here that they havent understood simples Physical rules.

Remove all these stupid Range X Range Y damage numbers and replace with one static

Thank you

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Because it’s ranged, and that’s where ranged classes should be.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Effusion.4831

Effusion.4831

“Since this is the only weapon left that is somehow useable as Mesmer” um… no, not at all.

“The developers showed here that they havent understood simples Physical rules” It’s a beam of magic shooting out from a sword. physics has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, just think of it as bonus damage for when your target is too far away to give yourself stacks might with mirror blade. If they did remove it we would probably lose damage overall anyway.

in Mesmer

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

I grew out of my greatsword phase, it was fine at low levels but higher up I actually like scepter better. Because of the reasons you mention, having to keep range and with the scepter I can have any offhand I want since it isn’t a two-hander, heck, I can change it whenever I want because I carry all my weapons on me. This lets me switch to an off-hand that will fit my situation.
Plus, the scepter does not make that annoying ting ting ting sound.
Maybe, in time, you will change weapons too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Look through early beta pvp movies, most of mesmers were surge2win for a reason.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Voodoo Tina.4180

Voodoo Tina.4180

Lol Physics!

It’s a ranged weapon that rewards you for staying at range and gives you tools to help you do that. The weapon doesn’t stop firing if your opponent gets close, it just deals less damage. If you’re too close swap to sword and eat their faces off.

Edit: Physics probably also has a problem with the idea you can be killed by mental illusions exploding into pink butterflies. Don’t forget to complain about that too!

(edited by Voodoo Tina.4180)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ethereal.9780

ethereal.9780

“Since this is the only weapon left that is somehow useable as Mesmer”. – That alone shows you know nothing about mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Spatial Surge does reduced close damage due to getting into range for Mirror and Knockback. Especially the former means that since damage increases a fair amount from being close, to not make GS a premier close-combat weapon, they gave the #1 damage dropoff the closer you are.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

“Why should i do more damage to a mob further away than closer ? thats against the rules of Physics anyway.”
Why do you want to use the Rocket Launcher at close range and the knife at long range ?
It’s against the Physics anyways.

I’d also prefer it to deal the middle damage at all ranges, but the devs intentionally made it a sniper weapon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

i wish it was same dmg or better at close range too. That way my extra bounce traited mirror blade can reliably pummel the target 3 times causing me to do the same dmg as an axe warrior ;-)
will have to settle for slightly less dmg at ~600 range though ;-(

in Mesmer

Posted by: Syde.8213

Syde.8213

OMG!.. a sword just appeared from the ground!!!!!
" The developers showed here that they havent understood simples Physical rules."

in Mesmer

Posted by: CeCaKonVeu.5734

CeCaKonVeu.5734

What you consider a weakness its actually what makes GS so powerful.

At long range, you get GS innate bonus .. for decent dps while spamming autoattack
But when you get closer range then the GS reveals its true nature : a great burst dmg weapon : below 600 range, bouncing attacks deal lot of damage and you get might stacks

Its one of the most versatile weapons… Innate dps bonus when you are too far away for bounced attacks, and all the burst / boons at shorter range.

Kitten if only chaos storm could be GS#5 instead of staff … LOL