[Guide] The Comprehensive Mesmer Guide - all Parts!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yassa.2193

Yassa.2193

Awesome guide, the best information on Mesmer I have found around! Very well done videos as well. Thank you!

(edited by Yassa.2193)

in Mesmer

Posted by: PaybackPrahl.3192

PaybackPrahl.3192

Having finished Part 1, I must say – excellent work on this. Your enthusiasm for the class really shows, and it’s cool for the rest of us Mesmers to have a “mentor” to look to

in Mesmer

Posted by: WillOfIron.5273

WillOfIron.5273

Posting just to thank you, I thought I already had a good grasp of the mesmer but you’ve really helped me flesh things out.
Thanks!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

Thank you really, I enjoyed the three videos a lot and look forward to see the next ones. I learnt a lot from them, especially about the combos as I did not really understand how it worked. I wonder what you think about the GS now that it has been buffed. And also do you think having Mind blast as a combo blast finisher would be a bit too overpowered? I’d really love to see that, haha.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

<pkitten>

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

I can’t thank you enough for these videos. I understand more about the Mesmer than I learned by myself through 55 levels. I have subscribed so please keep them coming. I am very interested in your opinion of the Greatsword after the changes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wrathis.2794

Wrathis.2794

Well I had completely written off the Mesmer after beta. My friend tried to learn it at release and didn’t like it, I took a leap of faith and watched all of your videos while my girlfriend took a nap and I have to say, I am hooked now. I had been playing the Guardian (and still love it) but I think the Mesmer may be my caster of choice now. The combos are just addicting and having clones really interests me. Im looking forward to the rest of your videos and thanks for shedding some light on this class for me!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mice.8921

Mice.8921

I didn’t watch all of it, but I watched the majority of it. Its brilliant!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

Bump for a friend to find this easier!

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leemo.3762

Leemo.3762

Hi, I have watched all parts and found them very helpful.

I have a question how good is this build in dungeons and WvW? I am level 40 at the minute and have spent my points on 10-0-9-0-10.

Thanks again for the video

in Mesmer

Posted by: yellow stang.5618

yellow stang.5618

How is this thread not a Sticky?! The guide is awesome. TYVM!

This might be a dumb question, but where is the target field you’re using for practice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

This must get sticked. I’ve only watched part 1, but it’s pretty nice info for every new mesmers.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

havent looked at these yet but i love playing mesmer no matter what anyone says looking forward to watching these and maybe learning things i’ve never known

~Caedas~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Filosofem.3572

Filosofem.3572

perfect guide!! Subbing

in Mesmer

Posted by: Barakah.6980

Barakah.6980

Hope this gets stickied, ’cause its great.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Distrust.5761

Distrust.5761

Great videos, thank you!

I don`t use guides as templates, it would take out the fun of finding out about stuff on my own.
Thus I really like how you don`t preach a one-and-only build, but rather give us useful infos about everything.

On a sidenote, your videos do a great job not only showcasing the Mesmer, but the game`s great skill design in general (which applies to all classes imo).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Spinoza.3048

Spinoza.3048

Just popped in to say thanks for the amazing guide videos! I’ve subbed and definitely looking forward for more GW2 content from you!

Keep it up!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Poplik.8697

Poplik.8697

bump for sticky

in Mesmer

Posted by: Davinna.2067

Davinna.2067

Great guide!! I’ve been playing mesmer since the headstart and I still learned a few things.

I’d like to see a build video for a defense/support WvW build. I currently run mantra healing for one of my traits and use mantra of pain on auto attack. As long as I have a player (or gate during a seige) targeted I’m doing damage with each use and then a 2k heal during the recharge.

I’m going to have to play around a bit more with the torch and ethereal fields. But I really love the focus as OH weapon. Nothing more satisfying than seeing the invaders come flying off the wall I’m typically staff and sword/focus. My utilities change depending on what the team is doing. Ramming a gate calls for time warp. Supply camp raiding usually mass invisibility. Light fields for retaliation while toe-toe. Portals for moving golems and various other uses >:)

Again, thanks for your time and effort. +1

Vote for Sticky!

The cake is a lie!
Crimson Phoenix [CPT] – Gate of Madness

(edited by Davinna.2067)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dread.5647

Dread.5647

Been watching these over the past day to keep myself from falling asleep at work. Fantastic information, and I agree with the masses on all counts.

I, too, vote for a video on build reviews for different mechanics (Support spec, DPS spec, which traits/which gear attributes to focus on). I know they say one doesn’t need a “role” in this game, like traditional MMOs, but to some extent it is nice for varying reasons.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phlex.7502

Phlex.7502

Great advice and nice job on the videos. I made a mesmer after watching your vids.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elessar.7186

Elessar.7186

Another bump for sticky … this guide has made me a much better mesmer.

Also, can’t wait for part 4! Looking forward to it Mr P!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jester.1546

Jester.1546

I really loved these videos and have watched each one a few times. I"d really like it if you did a vid on PvP, because while i’m finding I do pretty well, I still often loose to glass builds and have this feeling that i’m kinda just waiting for people to run out of stuff and die. Would really appreciate your insight to pvp (both sPvP and WvW).

Thanks a ton, great vids!

in Mesmer

Posted by: dippy.8961

dippy.8961

Great videos, I’m not done yet, but thank you!! I just hit 40 on my mesmer, learning the hard way, and decided to check out some community information finally. Just the first video gave me some things to think about.

I did want to mention that your overview of the scepter and off-hand sword didn’t mention that the blocks, when successful, create clones. Scepter/off-hand sword is a great way to get clones up fast for a shatter/confusion build.

Keep ’em coming!

Dragonknights of Ascalon [DoA]
Level 80 – Everything
www.yaksbend.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krappy.6345

Krappy.6345

Seen the guides on youtube before and I loved them! Thanks so much for the time and effort!

“Three gold, is like, cheaper than two gold.” – Nexus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Domoto.5870

Domoto.5870

Love the work you have put into the videos. I did not really need to watch the videos, as playing the Mesmer came pretty naturally to me, but I still watched them anyway! This is definitely the place to start for someone interested in the Mesmer and getting info about the Profession itself. I have recommended your videos to others who have asked for more info about the class, and where to start since rather than needing to explain, I can give them a much better source

in Mesmer

Posted by: Melk.6958

Melk.6958

A+ for the videos. This should be stickied, or perhaps mods should make a “Link to guides” thread and sticky that and post this guide there.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kahna.1026

Kahna.1026

I’ve not made it to part three yet, but watching parts one and two have made me pick up my mesmer again and enjoy playing it.

Thank you so much for the time and effort you’ve put into making this guide!

Aoileann » Sylvari Mesmer
[ Serenity and Scars ] of Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrPrometheus.9246

MrPrometheus.9246

Hey everyone, I released part 4a recently – and figured you guys would like to see it!

in Mesmer

Posted by: yvesbeaumont.3291

yvesbeaumont.3291

^^^ any info on when 4b is being released?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Hey everyone, I released part 4a recently – and figured you guys would like to see it!

Nice job. Incase you miss my comment on the video, they did not add the cast time on iDuelist. They simply added information in the tooltip so you know exactly how long it takes to cast the skill.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: HoneyBadger.4602

HoneyBadger.4602

Fantastic. Thank you!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

Excellent A+ guides videos, thanks for taking the time in making these hour long vids.
+1

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

in Mesmer

Posted by: High Marshal.2185

High Marshal.2185

I am going to have to side with the poster on the youtube site and ask for a track list of the music you were playing. Some of it sounds familiar and was driving me nuts trying to figure out what it was.

Good video.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kyriosh.8095

Kyriosh.8095

Excellent Job, after I watch your videos I try to play mesmer and immediately fell in love with it.

Thank You for the great post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

Bump for sticky!

I consider myself to be a pretty darn good player, and I still learned a couple things.

My mesmer is 53 now, it’s my 3rd toon and i enjoy it.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in Mesmer

Posted by: BronzeMountain.8741

BronzeMountain.8741

I just wanted to say thank you for your hard work! Clearly, some time and effort went into the videos. You give clear, thorough information and I’m not overstating things when I say you absolutely turned around my experience with the Mesmer.

So, thank you! And keep on rocking.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Delofasht.4231

Delofasht.4231

I enjoyed the videos, a good overview of the class and excellent information to be gathered from them. I have noticed a lot of “um. . . <insert appropriate information>” and “uh. . . <insert more information>”, from a speech standpoint it is slightly distracting and actually causing your videos to take longer. It’s nothing negative and I wouldn’t say I could do better but if you have the capability perhaps recording what you are going to say at various times and editing it to fit with your video might make things a bit smoother and the information a little more comprehensible.

Thanks for taking the time to make the videos and please keep up the good work.

“I’m sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.”
- Dr. Alfred Lanning, fictional character of great intellect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ishiga.6053

Ishiga.6053

You, sir, are the reason I switched from an Engineer main to a Mesmer. Stellar work and I do hope you’ll do a Guardian guide like this in the future. I’m dying to understand that class as well as you’ve helped me grasp this one.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ZyloWolfBane.2370

ZyloWolfBane.2370

I originally had ZERO interest in ever using a mesmer prior to watching your guide, you sir have sold me on at least trying it over my warrior main.

It sounds like a very skill orientated class and very creative, I love the idea behind it.

Awesome job man!

Sleep is for the weak, gaming is a lifestyle not a hobby!

in Mesmer

Posted by: ModusOperandi.8374

ModusOperandi.8374

My very first forum post – and doing it for good reason! – your guides/videos are absolutely fantastic! I hope to see more of your work in the near future… and how is this guide not yet a sticky? :p

Thank you for everything!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Klat.5846

Klat.5846

Prior to watching your guide I was about to give up on my lowbie mesmer, after watching part 1 and 2 of your video and gaining a huge understanding of how each skills/weapon combination work, I’m completely hooked now and am doing huge pulls for a low level, albeit its dangerous doing so without proper gear/traits, I’m having a blast with it!

in Mesmer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Very nice videos. Changed a few small things for my mesmer thanks to these videos you pointed out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: yvesbeaumont.3291

yvesbeaumont.3291

bumped for relevancy

in Mesmer

Posted by: Akimbo.4835

Akimbo.4835

Thanks for the guide, it helped up my Mesmer play in no time.

/shameless bump

This thread should be stickied!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Foosnark.1784

Foosnark.1784

I’ve been having great fun with a Thief and a Guardian in PVE, and been kind of frustrated with my Mesmer. But I just watched your third video and am all excited about the Mesmer again.

Normally I prefer to read guides over watching videos, but this was really helpful. Thanks!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Foosnark.1784

Foosnark.1784

Actually, question: when leveling up with the build in your #3 video, what order would you grab traits in? To me it looks like Illusion > Chaos > Domination in general, but with a little bit of back-and-forth…

in Mesmer

Posted by: daolor.4071

daolor.4071

great videos, best guide out there

in Mesmer

Posted by: The Switch.7806

The Switch.7806

Actually, question: when leveling up with the build in your #3 video, what order would you grab traits in? To me it looks like Illusion > Chaos > Domination in general, but with a little bit of back-and-forth…

+1. I had the same question

in Mesmer

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

The Mesmer has become my favorite profession thanks to Mr. P’s guides, this should be a sticky.