Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

@Lordryux, Incomming

[Guide] WvWvW/Pve Shatter Cat 2014-04-23

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Almost done changing my gear, take it slow and steady
All I have left is, the trinket(Accessory) and I think I will take two zerker, but I will see about that, have the event trinket, but feel I can change that aswell, currently I have2x valkyrie earrings, giving me 17k hp witout buff.

@Osicat, I said I was going to stay a week earlier, but I will stay a bit longer, maybe later move to Desolation, but I am not 100% sure I will do that.

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krugan.7901

Krugan.7901

@Osicat, what do you recommend for a starter, normal or hybrid?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

@Osicat, thanks for taking the time to respond!! I’ve been watching your videos and I’m going to give it a go, wish me luck lol

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Krugan, I think that Shatter Cat with a bit extra knight is easier due to it have higher mobility and controll. Phantasm deliver higher dmg but with less mobility you need to use more acctive survival and use stealth to survive. Both is wery solid in 1 vs 1 but when it come to 1 vs x skill cap go up dramaticly.

What ever you start with its alot eaier in smal group. Find a thief and go dual hunt, or get a 3-5 man team and roam.

@All, Facebook page dedicated to GW2 wvwvw and discussing builds etc. Shatter cat build mentioned on it but it have ongoing ranking updates and other builds for amny classes. have a look.

Greyskies is managing it, thanks to him for this.

https://www.facebook.com/TheWarRoomGW2WvW

/Osicat

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Fixed the last things with spec, but I only get 85% crit damage with food… this how much you get ?

Edit: I still run rare sword, that’s the cause?
Edit 2: I remember now that I have not rune of the air

and got killed while writing this xD, one mesmer that I killed, and ele that killed me

How to crashreport…

(edited by UnknownFreak.2805)

in Mesmer

Posted by: influx.5372

influx.5372

So im thinking of putting 2 super sigils of percep on two green swords to get quick a 25 stack boost. And replacing the one I had on staff (sup sigil of percep) with a super sigil of hydromancy. I went hydro because the staff is suppose to be a defensive tool. Thr are many options for it tho. I choose freeze on switch because it can keep ppl in place as u drop a chaos storm on them. I feel the stack is sort of wasted on the staff because ppl like me die, or at least go into downed state often leading to a wasted amount of time and damage attempting to get a new stack. Thoughts?

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

@influx, you can change the sigils to another set if you wan’t, if you hate stacking, you can kill some NPCs, I do that, goes pretty well.

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

Fixed the last things with spec, but I only get 85% crit damage with food… this how much you get ?

Edit: I still run rare sword, that’s the cause?
Edit 2: I remember now that I have not rune of the air

and got killed while writing this xD, one mesmer that I killed, and ele that killed me

yea you need 6x rune of air and try to get exotic zerker sword idk if the crit damage is the same as the exotic one but the exotic is 9% crit damage

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

@Lordryux,yh, figured it out, but seriously I am still having trouble with thief what the hell am I doing wrong?

following scenario, you where hit by ~6k, by thief using …
you where hit by ~7k by thief using cloak and dagger
you where hiy by ~8k by thief using heartseeker

have one second to hit diversion/disortation, but I am not that fast…
also this scenario takes around 3 sec, and then my health is gone…
and these 3 sec the thief is NEVER rendered, making targeting impossible
and if I get a strike, say dealing half his HP, he disappears in stealth for around 5-10 sec me left there with half or less HP, then BAM downed, cause I never saw him(I also move during this time, but does not help that much)

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Isisisis.6947

Isisisis.6947

@UnknownFreak, I find it pretty funny to fight thief.. Just put up some illusions when they run towards u, when they disappear block the first attack, and then just shatter 1,2,3.. usually down them and if not, then they are pretty easy to finish or else they run like little girls.. ;p

… And hit the air like a crazy person

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Which ones for under water weapons? I was thinking trident should have Condition dmg even with Shatter spec due to trident clones.

Thoughts?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

so… tldr: glass cannon + distortion tank

Nothing new here. Just stack conditions on him, kite, and have a bit of toughness to negate his burst.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

@Isisisis, thanks for tips, I should have known Lol

@Xavi, I think condition for trident is good

I only find thief the most difficult :P
any other class is just so easy to beat

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Influx, Test what works for you but remember you dont need al 25 stacks on the stacking to be viable. I generaly kill some npc,s (cayotest) in one chaos storm cd before go to war. This give around 10 stacks (100 preci) and enought. Then you get rest later on.

@Unknown, I have a effective way to deal with thiefs latley, it work nerly every time. Id they dont die they take so big dmg they stealth to reset fight. Then I just wait a sec or 2 then stealth and wait another sec and dodge. You be supriced how annoying the thiefs find other stealthers and alot will hit first clone or 2nd that pop up. Also use a portal in stealt is extremly confuion for them. Will post new vid today. also Isis and Helios have 2 wery solid ways to fight thiefs. I post a vid i posted before, if you look close you notice most thiefs in this vid accualy die due to confusion and conditions. Easy to miss

@Xavi, what UnknownFreak say, personaly i only use water to escape. Hate water combat on mesmer

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moogster.6207

Moogster.6207

Hi Osi,

I have a question about a certain part in your new video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJzO2btc1iE

At around :16 you popped Illusionary Swordsman then blinked in and used Mirror Images and then Mind Wrack then Cry of Frustration.

Then I saw your confusion damage reach at around 1.7-1.9k each pop. Is it because of the Might buff? (When it was still 3 Stacks per Shatter) Is it still possible now with the nerf?

Also, I thought that your confusion damage can’t reach that high unless you use the Daze Shatter first to stack vulnerability?

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Moogster, Vuln dont affect confusion dmg. Might do thu and number of confusion stacks. I often even before the december patch reached 2,3k~ confusion tics due to 10-12 stacks of confusion in a burst situation.

So its always been possible, best I seen before buff in december was 2,4k with my current gear, no condition dmg extra and just many stacks of confusion.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@ Uppdate @

New Guide movie post nerf:

/Enjoy Osicat

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Watching your videos encourages me to actually continue play this way, nice fights you find, and I hope I get good thief fights, I do around 50/50 against thief, and I want to improve there, other enemies are 100% for most times

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

@Lordryux,yh, figured it out, but seriously I am still having trouble with thief what the hell am I doing wrong?

following scenario, you where hit by ~6k, by thief using …
you where hit by ~7k by thief using cloak and dagger
you where hiy by ~8k by thief using heartseeker

have one second to hit diversion/disortation, but I am not that fast…
also this scenario takes around 3 sec, and then my health is gone…
and these 3 sec the thief is NEVER rendered, making targeting impossible
and if I get a strike, say dealing half his HP, he disappears in stealth for around 5-10 sec me left there with half or less HP, then BAM downed, cause I never saw him(I also move during this time, but does not help that much)

Yea it really depends for me if im alone and fighting a thief and my mirror images and decoy is on cooldown it might be kinda hard for me but it really depends on wat type of thief they are like perma stealth condition build or heartseeker spamming kids sort of those 2 i loose alot too one i have barely any condition removal lol 2. if some of my skills on cooldown im kinda fragile to heartseeker spams anyone is really. most people dont believe it hits over 4k even at 100% health yes it does people its called criticals and thiefs critical like every hit literally.

But it really depends if i see them comming or not. usually i do so i can retaliate pretty well and one shot them no matter wat lol and since i go the S/S hybrid build that osicat provided us i can use illusionary riposte or w.e its called asoon as i see them comming because 9 times out of 10 they are going to use steal for shadow step on you first and you get the jump on them instead ^^ So thank osicat for that lol

(edited by Lordryux.9785)

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Cheers, defended a camp myself vs 5 enemy, thief, mesmer, ranger, was for sure, then I think it was a warrior and ele, 4 killed one ran away, when they knew that was a bad idea :P

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

Cheers, defended a camp myself vs 5 enemy, thief, mesmer, ranger, was for sure, then I think it was a warrior and ele, 4 killed one ran away, when they knew that was a bad idea :P

Yea soon man soon they will fix this annoying rendering issues then its all over for thiefs you can actually retaliate quicker because they will actually be rendered instead of a debuff that doesnt mean crap atm because of that issue lol. this should be ontop of anets list like asap. They definitly put the mindwrack bug ontop of thier lists as everyone saw why not the rendering issue too?? that is what is making thiefs so formidable. We have stealth aswell dont get me wrong but we dont have access to stealth just by pressing one skill all the time lol so they pretty much abuse it at this point. even when you down a thief that was in stealth it takes FOREVER for them to render x.x

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Yea soon man soon they will fix this annoying rendering issues then its all over for thiefs you can actually retaliate quicker because they will actually be rendered instead of a debuff that doesnt mean crap atm because of that issue lol. this should be ontop of anets list like asap. They definitly put the mindwrack bug ontop of thier lists as everyone saw why not the rendering issue too?? that is what is making thiefs so formidable. We have stealth aswell dont get me wrong but we dont have access to stealth just by pressing one skill all the time lol so they pretty much abuse it at this point. even when you down a thief that was in stealth it takes FOREVER for them to render x.x

yep, this rendering thing must be fixed asap, lucky the thief in my case was not the one that ran away

Taking things slow and steady seems to work 1v5 , downing them time after time, then suddenly 4 or all lies downed in a circle.

Edit: will probably hear a lot of threads in how up thief is, when rendering is fixed

Edit 2: now faced a D/D ele, no good result, he 100% me around 10% after resetting fight, but both walked away like nothing happen

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Best tip I Go for fight D/D eles is from a skilled tPvP ele. Spam cripple, keep cripple and daze rolling on him, it forces him to use abilitys and stances he later will need as your cripple is on lower cd than hes clenses. Also ofc deliver dmg in bursts and when he do knockdown use immuns, if knocked staff 2.

Had some wery good ressult vs eles using this. Ofc if they want to run they can, but if they up for a fight I feel i have a good chance.

PS, latets movie post nerf :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhj3mH9En6E

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Loco.4561

Best tip I Go for fight D/D eles is from a skilled tPvP ele. Spam cripple, keep cripple and daze rolling on him, it forces him to use abilitys and stances he later will need as your cripple is on lower cd than hes clenses. Also ofc deliver dmg in bursts and when he do knockdown use immuns, if knocked staff 2.

Had some wery good ressult vs eles using this. Ofc if they want to run they can, but if they up for a fight I feel i have a good chance.

PS, latets movie post nerf :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhj3mH9En6E

/Osicat

Pretty solid advice, the best counter for a D/D Ele is hard CC or cripples/chills, since mobility is key for that spec.

Osi!! I’ve dusted off my Mesmer, don’t have the confidence to play full zerker yet as I am still getting the hang of the burst rotations, positioning etc… So I’m basically running around in Knights gear with knights accessories. Superior Signets of Air are expensive on my server, 24g for 6 so I’m not going to buy those yet. But my first run out last night was hard going, I found 4 people attacking a supply camp, managed to down all 4 one after the other then a thief came along and nuked me!! I seemed to struggle against thieves and I found it difficult to close in on players who knew how to kite me. Hopefully I will get better the more time I spend on my Mesmer.

One thing, I can’t seem to get the hang of the staff, not sure why. I have always preferred and seem to be better with GS….So would this build work with GS over staff?

(edited by Loco.4561)

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Superior Signets of Air are expensive on my server, 24g for 6 so I’m not going to buy those yet.

It’s Rune actually, and I think they are around 4-5g (4g ~50s now I think) but may varey with server

Edit:

I found 4 people attacking a supply camp, managed to down all 4 one after the other then a thief came along and nuked me!! I seemed to struggle against thieves and I found it difficult to close in on players who knew how to kite me. Hopefully I will get better the more time I spend on my Mesmer.

this might help

I find it pretty funny to fight thief.. Just put up some illusions when they run towards u, when they disappear block the first attack, and then just shatter 1,2,3.. usually down them and if not, then they are pretty easy to finish or else they run like little girls.. ;p

… And hit the air like a crazy person

and this

so… tldr: glass cannon + distortion tank

Nothing new here. Just stack conditions on him, kite, and have a bit of toughness to negate his burst.

hope this helps

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

tbh it doesnt matter how much toughness you have ima be verry truthful here i can 1v1 a guardian on my thief easier than i could 1v1 another thief. isnt that just sad? ive beaten guardians with over 3.3k armor in 3 seconds just like any other class and guardians and warriors are the easiest to deal with i run a S/D set up on my thief so idk why i still hit over 3k+ with just an auto attack and all i do is auto attack them to death and use infiltrators strike so they cant move around alot. its pretty rediculous eithier or it doesnt matter how much toughness and armor you have thier burst is still good eithier way it may not do as much damage as another glass cannon but the damage is still fair amount

Only how i can ever counter a thief is usually when i see them comming nowadays thiefs are getting smart and starting to shadow refuge when they see me if my back is turned then they try to combo me out. and thats when i usually loose that fight.

So ex= guardian has over 3.3k toughness but only like say 16k hp.. so much easier to kill a guardian because of thier low hp. no matter which way you put it a few skills will down them pretty quickly. even on my mesmer guardians are like a cake walk. just a free kill walking because they really cant run from you id say its the only class that cant run from you lol eithier or they have to fight and 9 times out of 10 thier goin to die if your decently good at 1v1 usually i hit them with 1 mind wrack thier at 20% health then follow up with cry of fustration and the heal back to about 70% then they keep swinging that slow big sword at me with confusion stacks widdle them down slowly…….. and dead… lol. note to self= dont swing your weapon wildly when u have like 6 stacks of confusion on u… x.x

in Mesmer

Moogster.6207

The real problem for me is the pistol thief. I really don’t know how to fight them.

in Mesmer

Loco.4561

The real problem for me is the pistol thief. I really don’t know how to fight them.

Without a way of cleansing those bleeds, nope. My D/D Ele is built specifically to counter thieves, have not figured out a way to counter them yet on my Mesmer. In fact anything that can lay lot’s of conditions on you will be a threat.

I AM having fun though and getting better, it’s just not as easy as I thought and is going to take time / practice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

Reflection

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Moogster, some opponents will always be trickier, the time we get a full 1 vs 1 in wvwvw thu is not many. Reflection is as Helios say a strong mecanic versus em and if you know / recognice the player in a roaming run option is to fast change a trait, change the 3% dmg /clone to reflection. Alternative get arcane thief on u toolbar. Signet of generosity is great and the hybrid spec is a bit stronger in this setup. Alot due to stealth work wery well vs thiefs. Just remember to dodge in stealth to draw fire.

/Osicat

ps latest vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhj3mH9En6E

in Mesmer

Posted by: Grimms.9016

Grimms.9016

Loved the new video Osicat.

The theif at the beginning.. riposte,mirror,mind wrack… pop.

I especially like how you use the terrain around you, the pillars for line of sight, moving in and out, stagger shattering clones. Great game-play Osi.

Seven Mirror [KING] – Sorrow’s Furnace
7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

bump for osicat. WHY havnt this been stickied yet O.o lol

This needs to stay on the first page x.x since we have alot of haters out thier that are crying out for nerfs take a first hand look at this guide because 90% of all mesmers play it x.x it

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Had a interesting fight yesterday, due to alot of flaming on the server for cheatint and exploit I wont tell from what server but got attacked by a thief who used a speedhack. Must say it was a good fight thu. Latley it been extremly hard get proper smal number fights due to enemy flee as soon they not outmanning.

Tbh cant understand this mentality but ofc ppl do as they what. But why flee from a 1 vs 1 or even 2 ppl flee from 1 vs 2 alt 2 vs 2 to go get friends then go for a 1 vs x gank. It it so scary to have a fair fight?

Well apperently even speedhack thiefs die to ripposete, rune of aie and mindwrack combo .)

/Osicat

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Had a interesting fight yesterday, due to alot of flaming on the server for cheatint and exploit I wont tell from what server but got attacked by a thief who used a speedhack. Must say it was a good fight thu. Latley it been extremly hard get proper smal number fights due to enemy flee as soon they not outmanning.

Tbh cant understand this mentality but ofc ppl do as they what. But why flee from a 1 vs 1 or even 2 ppl flee from 1 vs 2 alt 2 vs 2 to go get friends then go for a 1 vs x gank. It it so scary to have a fair fight?

Well apperently even speedhack thiefs die to ripposete, rune of aie and mindwrack combo .)

/Osicat

Yeah, read about the flamings so I know what server, also I will not tell which one it is/was, switched server again, so sadly we will not encounter eachother.
Feel somehow sad about people ruining games due to hacks
Also It’s unfair to the other servers.

seems people don’t like 1v1 in WvW, all about crushing them enemy, but if you are lucky you will find someone alone and he will probably start running or attacking you

Also had a nice watch on a 1v1 vs our team (ranger) and other server dunno which one (thief), sat down and watched, til I got bored cause no ones health was EVER below 50%, so I jumped in and we crushed him.

think I saw a enemy Warrior using TP hack… NOT SURE, and I will not blame anyone for it, cause he was standing next to me taking a vista, I did not attack, was nice and let him take the vista, and then suddenly he TP around 900 yards away from me instantly… didn’t care so I moved on, they was going to take camp, they where 3 warr… killed 2 then last ran away… not him btw, either it was some kind of server delay… or he used hacks, and I will not blame anyone cause I am NOT SURE!

Also I like when you see a thief dagger coming at you, you turn around then you use your Sword#3*2, then #2 and Mirror images, shatter#1, they lie down… happen to work every time, except if there are a cluster of them thief, so you cannot take them all, you know about stealth issues… tips for a 1vX? , (X amount of thief’s 1+)

Edit: Speedhack thief just show how bad they are… super ez mod… and speedhack… how…. ehm, what a coincidence (NOT BLAMING EVERY THIEF), Iv’e been against thief’s that basically instant kill me due to that I will not react in time, so I say GG to them, nice combo there, just draining half my HP in one hit xD, my bad not being careful and not keeping a eye around myself all the time.

I still hope you can get some good thief fights, still struggle against them, but I still lack air runes though.

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Superior Signets of Air are expensive on my server, 24g for 6 so I’m not going to buy those yet.

It’s Rune actually, and I think they are around 4-5g (4g ~50s now I think) but may varey with server

If I am not mistake the TC prices are across all servers.

in Mesmer

Moogster.6207

Is it fine to exchange the Sigil of Perception (Precision) in the staff for Sigil of Bloodlust (Power) sionce with food buffs the crit chance is at 50% anyway?

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

If I am not mistake the TC prices are across all servers.

Yes they are, gem price and all TP prices are same across all servers, also the items is also across all servers somehow, dunno about American and Eu though, meaning by that Eu and American have same prices and also the same number of items etc.

Is it fine to exchange the Sigil of Perception (Precision) in the staff for Sigil of Bloodlust (Power) sionce with food buffs the crit chance is at 50% anyway?

Guess it wouldn’t harm, your call, and you can try and then tell us how it was/is having it

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Mogster, Persoanly I beleve that with our high Crit dmg, and crit multiplier (im @ 107% crit dmg now in normal shatter cat, 97% crit dmg in hyrid) more crit chance give more dmg than more dmg.

With fully stacked my crit is ~65% now in hybrid spec. With fury up its 85%, this give a extremly high burst as so many of the MV and phantasm hits crit.

Also I know is some hard work but can recomend al to get:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ascended_ring1.jpg
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/red_ring_of_death_infused.jpg

/Osicat

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

@Mogster, Persoanly I beleve that with our high Crit dmg, and crit multiplier (im @ 107% crit dmg now in normal shatter cat, 97% crit dmg in hyrid) more crit chance give more dmg than more dmg.

With fully stacked my crit is ~65% now in hybrid spec. With fury up its 85%, this give a extremly high burst as so many of the MV and phantasm hits crit.

Also I know is some hard work but can recomend al to get:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ascended_ring1.jpg
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/red_ring_of_death_infused.jpg

/Osicat

nice, hope I can get that ring, Red ring of death, is exchanged with zerker ring?
Any other ring that is similar to invader ring?<- Ascended

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

First time ever I got a triple post, deleted the other, but hope they fix this error 502…
And it took around one hour to get here and edit the kitten post lol

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

@Influx, Test what works for you but remember you dont need al 25 stacks on the stacking to be viable. I generaly kill some npc,s (cayotest) in one chaos storm cd before go to war. This give around 10 stacks (100 preci) and enought. Then you get rest later on.

@Unknown, I have a effective way to deal with thiefs latley, it work nerly every time. Id they dont die they take so big dmg they stealth to reset fight. Then I just wait a sec or 2 then stealth and wait another sec and dodge. You be supriced how annoying the thiefs find other stealthers and alot will hit first clone or 2nd that pop up. Also use a portal in stealt is extremly confuion for them. Will post new vid today. also Isis and Helios have 2 wery solid ways to fight thiefs. I post a vid i posted before, if you look close you notice most thiefs in this vid accualy die due to confusion and conditions. Easy to miss

@Xavi, what UnknownFreak say, personaly i only use water to escape. Hate water combat on mesmer

/Osicat

Something I have noticed about water combat for a mesmer. Not sure if it is a bug or intended… When we have clones with tridents they cause CONFUSION without shattering.. I say again clones auto attack CAUSE CONFUSION underwater. Its just amazing.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

We don’t talk about Trident.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Moogster.6207

Osi what is your opinion on this.

After getting 25 stacks of precision, you can actually swap to another staff to another weapon without losing the stacks. What sigil would you use with it? Energy? Or a brand new kind of sigil?

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

/Osicat

Something I have noticed about water combat for a mesmer. Not sure if it is a bug or intended… When we have clones with tridents they cause CONFUSION without shattering.. I say again clones auto attack CAUSE CONFUSION underwater. Its just amazing.

I find mesmer water combat very bad in damage, but the conditions are ok(but still not), also I use spear instead of trident, due to moar high damage, only con is that it’s melee
^this if I have to fight in water

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: DoZ.4751

DoZ.4751

Hi Osicat,

Thx for all the guides and the nice Vidz you are producing for the community
I started a mesmer recently and i’m completely fond of your last hybrid sword/sword build. I’m still wondering smthing about the sigil you chose.

Correct me if i’m wrong but you are using on one of your sword : sigil of generosity. Do you really feel the gain in combat ? I feel like the cooldown (10sec) is too big for the gain this sigil offers.

Could you give us some feedback about this since you tested it more than me

Thx and keep the good work !

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Doz, overall we shatter mesmer have wery few weaknesses. Direct dmg we can dodge, avoid, stealth and directly immune. The spec running more dmg and leav even more of its survival to stealth and acctive dmg avoidance.

In one area we have a weakness thu. Condition, if they are cc based or dmg dealing al give us headace.

With the phantasm hybrid spec your burst is among the highest in game, unless enemy run a pure tank spec you will destroy the enemy extremly fast. Your burst tbh is even so high you better of burst alot of classes than try to stomp them.

The sigil of generosity work in the penalticing way I want the spec to run. Most abilitys have 2 effects. They deal dmg and immune (sword 2), they cc and cause vulebility (daze shatter), block a attack, and deal dmg block. You se where im heading, sigil of generosity not only dispell a dangerous condition, they transfere it to enemy. It hurt to hit a mesmer.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: DoZ.4751

DoZ.4751

I see, after a bit of practice I found myself in some similar situation you just described (chilling, confusion, crippled) and i gotta admit I’d have appreciate a dispell skill :P

I’ll definitely give it a try, thx for the explanation

in Mesmer

Posted by: Trickstick.7523

Trickstick.7523

I have been having a lot of success using Arcane Thievery as a condition cleanser and enemy debuffer. I have been trying 10/30/0/0/30 with dual swords and extra manipulation range in wvw, using blink and thievery. It gives you more ability to chase down runners, as you can warp closer and steal their swiftness. Thievery also helps when running, as you can transfer cripple to your pursuers.

Then there is the joy of pulling 25 stacks of might from someone and spreading it to allies with the signet of inspiration.

Using thievery allows you do change the sword’s sigil to something else, although I’m not sure what is best.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Trickstick, yes just that to get arcane you need to drop for Shatter cat hybrid eather blink, decoy or mirror. Al have a wery central role, mobility, survival and burst. For normal shatter cat you need to drop mirror, blink or portal, again extremly important.

What is traded out for sigil of generosity is fire aoe sigil. So the tradeof is alot cheaper.

I do agree thu that Arcane thevery is good, just that I find the other utilitys so central for the gamestyle that I have hard to recomend to trade em out for a situational utility you feel you missing a few times / gaming session.

In sPvP thu I understand situation is different.

/Osicat