[Guide] WvWvW/Pve Shatter Cat 2014-04-23

in Mesmer

Posted by: Myrias.8732

Myrias.8732

A PU build with more focus on phantasms should be better off going with bloodlust due to fury already being present, I’d agree with that. Where do you get retaliation from – teammates?

I’ve been playing more interrupt-oriented over phantasm, so things are pretty different just from key traits like phantasmal fury and deceptive evasion.

Myrias Faust – Mesmer
Victory or Death [VoD] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

^Duelling III – retaliatory shield.

With scepter+sword and PU, you can get a lot out of it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Image also give retaliasion.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deiniol.2159

Deiniol.2159

HY Osicat

What build would you recommended me if i wants to play mostly Open World and Dungeon.

Thx for you Help

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Deiniol, you want to do dungeons and open world pve or wvwvw and dungeons?

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deiniol.2159

Deiniol.2159

@Osicat

in the first sense only Open Worl PVE and when i have a better Equip a little Dungeon.

THX
Feivl

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

IF your main focus is pve there is no reason to go PU or shatter, get a solid phantasm build who deal range dmg and keep you alive. GS / s/pistol 10-20-0-25-15 is a suggestion.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Andytheffboy.7403

Andytheffboy.7403

Osi. Why no updates for Shatter Cat Heavy?! Do you think shatter will still be viable with the upcoming crit damage nerf? I’ve tried both PU condi and power PU. Thinking of switching things up with shatters.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Andytheffboy, I battered with shatter setups up and down, finally found a setup who work. it’s to early to release traits etc but it’s now shatter cat heavy who will be added first, it’s a new shatter cat mist.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@All.

My first Shatter Video in ages. Hope you enjoy it. New build btw

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Major update.

Shatter Cat heavy landed in the grave. New build Shatter Cat ghost. My 1st shatter build in ages.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

@Major update.

Shatter Cat heavy landed in the grave. New build Shatter Cat ghost. My 1st shatter build in ages.

/Osicat

Welcome back.

Your build link for the new shatter has signet of ether btw.

How do you find the healing mantra in general? I’ve not played much with it, favouring ether feast and if necessary covering with stealth.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Curunen, Mantras big weakness is teh loadup. But with stealth timing I can charge mantra while uninterupted. also I start mantra, let 1 sec chanrge then bink = endup with almost full mantra and wery hard to be interupted.

+ Mantra after charged can be used when stunned etc

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

@Curunen, Mantras big weakness is teh loadup. But with stealth timing I can charge mantra while uninterupted. also I start mantra, let 1 sec chanrge then bink = endup with almost full mantra and wery hard to be interupted.

+ Mantra after charged can be used when stunned etc

/Osicat

Ah, the blink while charging is good, and seeing as I use staff a lot that might be pretty useful.

Going to stick mantra on and see how it goes now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

Do you recommend Ghost over Condition cat?

Atm,im using condition cat and im fairly happy with it.But,there are some disadvantages,like it’s too slow (but sure and steady)when I want to kill someone.When I run with a teammate (usually defensive engineer or condi war),it’s almost impossible to kill any not-zerker-geared enemy before he runs away (but if he stays he is pretty much dead).This makes me equip my gs,but gs leaves me pretty vulnerable imo.

Will this build solve these problems?Keep in mind that i dont want to make such a strong regear for minor stuff

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Harris. Totaly depends on what you after, al builds can kill ppl but condition have least burst and hard as you say to kill ppn not interested in a fight. Can categorice my builds 1-5

Mobility:

Condition Cat: 2
Hidden Cat: 5
Shatter Cat Ghost: 4 (not shorter cd on blink but 1200 y)

Burst:
Condition Cat: 3
Hidden Cat: 4
Shatter Cat Ghost: 5

Steady dmg
Condition Cat: 3
Hidden Cat: 5 (with several phantasm up)
Shatter Cat Ghost:4

Defense:
Condition Cat:5
Hidden Cat:4
Shatter Cat Ghost:3

Difficulty to play fantastic (Higher number = harder):
Condition Cat: 2
Hidden Cat:3
Shatter Cat Ghost:4

So pick what you like No of the build have both top defense, burst, mobility, u need to give 1 thing up to get another.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

harris.7964

The good thing is that ghjost uses sword so i can use my Bolt,which wasd made especially for heavycat and is taking a nap in my inventory for more than 2 months xD

But,I think I will stick with condition until the patch,because I want to be sure this build wont be ruined like heavycat in one single patch.

We will see.Thanks for the fast answer :-)

P.S Youtube:The owner of this content hasnt got this video available for mobile devices like tablets or smarthphones.Please,queue on the list for watching on a npc or laptop.I get these messages when i want to see you latesdt videos the lasdt few months.And it’s not only your videos actually.When I wanted to hear a video with a song,i couldnt watch that particular video,but could watch another video with the same song.Any ideas?(I can only see them from pc)

Excuse my typos,writing from tablet

in Mesmer

Posted by: yomel.9605

yomel.9605

P.S Youtube: …

you can watch the video directly if you go on Osicat’s website : http://osicat.weebly.com

First vid, no pb watching it from mobile

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bryson.2145

Bryson.2145

I don’t understand the reason to use “Empowered Illusions” its 15% more damage but 15% more damage of nothing it nothing right. I’m sure there is a reason it’s used.
Can some help me out?

Using the Hidden Cat build by the way

Thanks Osicat I have been doing work with this build.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Bryson, 15% is amazing. Say your berzerker crit for 6k on a necro 6k x 1,15 = 6900, big dmg buff. Fantastic trait for the build and not whta I would call “nothing”.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bryson.2145

Bryson.2145

@Osicat

I see now for some reason I thought “Empowered Illusions” was for Clones not Phantasm that’s where i got confused.

Thank you,

in Mesmer

Posted by: charkin.2936

charkin.2936

@Osicat
I have been using your hidden cat build, really enjoying it! I have 2 questions- how do ideal with sigil warriors?
And you mentioned above that the hidden cat build has the best sustained damage? While playing should I be keeping illusions/ clones alive or shattering?
Thanks

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Charkin, best way is alwasy ion open world to in a team fight go for the sigil tanky warriors 1st. IF they in a while in into fight show to be kinda glassy and take dmg mark him for your teama nd lcokdown and kill. I usualy play 2-5 man team and we still always go fro warriors last as even if you get them low thye just might poff away.

Have a good recent warrior video btw where the warriors chose to stay and not poffing away, might be cause thye have 2-3 vs 1

In solo open word do dmg to them in steady rate, and make sure its more dmg than they heal. Dont waste burstdmg on their immunitys and blocks, dont let phantasm about to die without shatter them.

At some time you run into a wery tanky sigil warrior who only go for your phantasms in a 1 vs 1, he will never kill you as he dont have the dmg to do so but you will have a hard time to accualy kill him to, if he go low he just run away and with al imunitys and passive heal you will have extremly hard catch him. Truth is that the sigil is a bit to strong atm i terms of healing, noted by a-net and it will geta tiny nerf next patch.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@All.

New video, shatter Cat Ghost at its finest:

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Hompage is updated, some new design of the build/trait section, Say what you think about it.

http://osicat.weebly.com/index.html

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: gregor.6079

gregor.6079

well here I go this is my first post ever on this forum so first of all thanks for the awesome guides and since you asked great homepage the only issue I have is that due to copyright stuff u r videos keep getting blocked but thats something google can find a workaround for
thanks again an have fun

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lanny.6987

Lanny.6987

Osi,

Been a (long) while since I checked mesmer forums since I’ve been working up my necro. So good to see you back!

in Mesmer

Posted by: ckajlooc.8791

ckajlooc.8791

@Osicat,
I have loved your builds ever since I started Guild Wars 2, but have started losing interest due to the amount of PU builds, and I just crafted a really cool new focus but none of your builds use one anymore. I have a few questions:
1. What caused you to bring down Heavy 4.0?
2. Could I switch out the torch for a focus?
3. Is focus losing power?
Thanks Osi!

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Gregor, Im honnored to have your first post in the forum in mu thread then :;). Vids blcoked as my mucis is to awsome and some countries (read germany) cant handle good mucis as its moraly destroying their population.

@Lanny, Cheers have you back, mabye I find your necro on my mesmer and we can make eachother dead

@Ckajlooc, Understand PU is not the flavour for all. Its is thu a wery strong romaing setup especialy the power version. Did take me ALOT of experementing to find a solid shatter im happy with in current meta. Ghost will soon have a friend shatter build Im sure so my guide will contain 2 shatter builds 1 pu condi and 1 pu power. hope this make you happy

Ghost thu is a extremly solid shatter build and I sure you like it if you test it, dmg is INSANE and the survival is superb.

1: Its mobility&survival to condition was unviable in current meta as it developed to more mobile enemys and more conditions. Heavy was absed on slow moving tough shatter gaemplayand it just get shoot down in currrent meta imoa. It might get a replacement later, I working on it.

2: thats another reason Heavy went down. Focus is BADLY bugged now and its phantasm is often usless.

3: with travels runes its speed is less needed, and phantasm is bugged. Answer is yes. You better off with travaler runes and another OH atm both for dmg, survival and speed.

/Osicat

PS al options is mine and I stand for them, still im sure ppl might dissagree but this is my thread so I can post my own thought imao

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

Hey Osi, what do you think of Air runes nowadays? Say with ghost, is there enough power in the setup to make the lightning worth it? I saw in a few of your videos that lightning own a couple thieves, and travelers are expensive. Plus the speed on heal with heal mantra means pretty much speed all the time. What do you think?

edit: Tested it and heal mantra only gives speed on mantra charge, not the heal, which is lame.

edit edit: I am kittened, it works on charge and heal. Please forgive me :-)

(edited by MSFone.3026)

in Mesmer

Myrias.8732

Runes of Air definitely worked on heal from mantra last time I was using them… Did that get nerfed? (if so that’s pretty dumb)

Also, iirc, the lightning strike got nerfed a while ago… so that plus the fact they don’t give you any extra survivability really keeps them from being utilized.

Used to be great, now they are sub-optimal

Myrias Faust – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

Hey Osicat just wanted to say after coming back from a break your Stealth chatter build is the one I favor so far out of all the ones I tried. The only things I changed to fit my style of play were instead of CC in the Domination tree I took Shattered Concentration and in Dueling to the shorter Mantra recharge. I also changed out blink for the Stability mantra as now it is a stun breaker on shorter CD than blink.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@MSFone, like Myrias say, changes to the gamemecanics, intruduction of new alternative runes have put AIR in a sub optimal spot.

@Deathcon, cheers. I sometimes play around with Stability mantra aswell, so far i favour Blink thu.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nephrenka.4789

Nephrenka.4789

Hey,

I Recently reached lvl 80 and was going to go for your shatter ghost build, but then I heard about the patch coming up soon and I wonder if it will still be good afterward ?
I just wouldn’t want to buy all the stuff related to it and then have to swtich to rabid/berserk.

Anyway thanks for this thread and builds nice work

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I don’t think you need to worry about that Nephrenka, shatter builds remain viable for a very long time and the upcoming changes won’t have any direct effect on it. Sure it takes some practice but the burst damage is unmatched. That being said the ferocity change may render it slightly slower but every power classes and builds suffer from that anyway.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

When studying Mesmer builds I often read about PU builds.
But what does “PU” mean?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

PU stands for [P]rismatic [U]nderstanding.

It’s a grandmaster trait that makes our stealths last longer and gives us random boons while we’re in stealth.

Do you plan on updating any of the builds because of the upcoming patch? I hope you won’t change 3.0 gear wise as I just spent 80g to gear my Asura up and I’m pretty much broke..

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

Myrias.8732

Honestly, no one can say “for sure” that any build will be fine post-patch until we know exactly what all changes. The only thing I would say to hold off on if possible is sigils – prices there can fluctuate alot, so I would hold off from big money purchases in that department.

All this said, the only thing we know that is changing stat-wise is a slight crit dmg nerf, and Osi’s gear setups have pretty low crit dmg amounts, so they’re about as “future-proof” as you can realistically be right now.

Myrias Faust – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: AngelExtreme.4872

AngelExtreme.4872

Hi Osi, Great day, i just recently came back playing gw2, now im sorta behind with my mesmer, i used to play the shatter type build with dual sword and staff, 20/20/30 and after awhile of using it, it seems to me it has been nerfed, or is it me that is nerfed? haha, but anyways is that build effective till today? or do i have to transverse into another type of build you are offering here? thank you!

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@AngerlExtreme. For now al my builds are up to date and effective. After patyhc every bulild and class in this game will changed. Whats red will be blue and whats blue will be green, salt will be sweet and birds will be fish.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

A glimse at my latets build. Its a condition build focused on torment and flexibility. In smal group play it use Immobelice on interuppt and in solo its use PU, al it take is 1 trate change.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Powertank Mesmer. Hidden Cat build:

/Osicat

in Mesmer

harris.7964

Are you going to update these builds for April 15th?:D

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Yeah but it will take some time

/osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Branskins.9752

Branskins.9752

Is the Ghost build still viable or is the Hidden Cat better now?

Wrecking Krew [Krew] – Borlis Pass

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I guess Osicat’s mind is hard at work calculating all the possibilities! ;D

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

So far if you only look at the possibilitys this patch given ALOT in terms of roaming strength. Only backside is if you favour powergameplay its hard to motivate as condition with new runesets and sigils have not only better sustain and survival, but with correct setup about sabe bursta s the burstiest power build.

I will post more when I tetsed more but Baltazar runes can give staff clones 2 sec burn, meaning clone auto who crit can do 3+k dmg.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

New build/update to Condition Cat

On demand burst offensive condition build.

Napalm Cat:

/Osicat

in Mesmer

harris.7964

I think you have a problem with the link at the front page for the Napalm Build.The link takes me to the calculator for the old Condition Cat 3.0

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Ty for info, dont know why it bugged. Sorted now.

/Osicat