Posted by: Tidbit.9352

Tidbit.9352

New vid unavailable in USA, or just me?

Same for me. And I’m also in USA.

[Guide] WvWvW/Pve Shatter Cat 2014-04-23

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Weard, the song used is in previous vids without beeing blocked. As ith is a wery good video I rerender it for mobile and USA. Will be avable in 20 mins at:

/Osicat

(edited by Osicat.4139)

in Mesmer

Posted by: herb.9307

herb.9307

@Herb, Both look viable builds, personaly I dont feel I need more toughness or condi dmg, I working on get power up and buing power infusions to al my assesorys. Also why I love the mightstacking. The condi dmg I get is 350~+ might. so at 25 stacks I hit 1k.

Toughness I found the magick point to be at 1650, this + health let me survive the worst burst even form a team if I just use my utilitys etc correct. Preci should be high on my sword and so it is, 47% with food crit chanse.

Thanks a lot. I was unsure, what you aimed for. Now it is clear. I always feel the need
for more toughness, when two or thieves gank me. But may be, I have to accept, that you do not have a chance vs. three glass cannon thieves.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Herb, you have a chanse in a good roaming build, bail. This is the CORE of al good roaming professions and builds. Not the ability to kill 5 vs 1 but to kill ppl as long as you can but as soon you loosing you can run. Mass stealth, focus slowing field/pull, staff nr2, sword leap, blink, portal, decoy and even iwarden is abilitys who help you leg it. If its 5 ppl jump you and you run you might get away or 3-4 get bored of chase the sneky mesmer and you endup get a nice 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 1.

In Heavy or Mist spec I usualy have a portal out before I start a attack and just portal out if I about to lose. If I get jumped in open I decoy, blink drop protal on sneky place, run drop focus field, massinvis and on los drop my portal and toke teh fits etc.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blitzelbub.6853

Blitzelbub.6853

Thanks very much for these builds.I am still a noob mesmer and trying to get all the mechanics down…I enjoy the flexibilty of shatter builds,and i think my targeting may also be an issue I seem to run out of keys to bind lol and i hate the mouse pointer flying all over the screen
I still need practice with all the combo fields and mainly enjoy sword/x staff builds.The greatsword seems better for general pve single target nukes non-dungeon because range plus nice damage,but i want to learn to play mid range while getting better at shatters and combos..

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Blizelbub, Cheers.

@Shimmerless, Thats the core of teh Shatter Cat HEavy 3.0 , The combination of strong survival, strong condition dmg and burst dmg of a shatter build. Its the most optimiced of my builds and wery wery flexible. The stacking of might who now in latest version reach insane numbers like 20-25 regulary keep your dmg high both sustained and burstwice. You have to monitor your stacks.

Update

The full evrsiuon vid of the Shatter cat heavy 3.0 will be realesed today. Incomming in a hour.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Official build vid for Shatter Cat hevy 3.0

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlackED.4928

SlackED.4928

Dont u play GS anymore?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mangelhaft.5289

Mangelhaft.5289

Hey Osi, thanks for your great guides, thorough and thought-provoking. Question on your Heavy guide, did you consider Orrean Truffle Stew for food? The 40% endurance regeneration doesn’t stack with vigor but its helpful at the beg of combat getting clones up and to fill in the gaps between vigor procs. I’ve been using this for might stack instead of the Sigil of Battles to good effect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Builds updated 7/7, still shatter cat original is little out of date but working on. Just alot of work to update al builds while they send in paches taht change the game every week But yes, I constantly update the guide.

can also see

http://osicat.weebly.com/index.html

/Osicat

man you are simply fantastic! <3
thank you for your work and that spectacular build!!! (spectacular as every other your build )

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bearlin.7238

Bearlin.7238

Hey Osi, this may have been mentioned here before, but how would you change your shatter cat heavy build for dungeoning? (e.g. runes, utilities, etc.). I have been wanting to try out a shatter build in PVE (I currently run phantasm)… would you just change everything to berserker?

in Mesmer

Posted by: herb.9307

herb.9307

@Herb, you have a chanse in a good roaming build, bail. This is the CORE of al good roaming professions and builds. Not the ability to kill 5 vs 1 but to kill ppl as long as you can but as soon you loosing you can run. Mass stealth, focus slowing field/pull, staff nr2, sword leap, blink, portal, decoy and even iwarden is abilitys who help you leg it. If its 5 ppl jump you and you run you might get away or 3-4 get bored of chase the sneky mesmer and you endup get a nice 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 1.

I think you got me wrong. I am not expecting to win when outnumbered. I’d like to survive 2 zerker thieves. They come out of nowhere and shadowstep to you as soon as you become visible again. I just can’t lay down portals preemptively, because the cooldown is too high. Perhaps I just have to save my focus 4 for fleeing.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@ Bearlin, change al knight and valkyre to zerker, keeping the chavaler. Use feedback and nullfield when needed aswell Also bring a GS for some fights

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: nikkin.2481

nikkin.2481

Hi Osicat.
What are your thoughts on the new set of armor and weapons, the celestial? Can they have some space in the Shatter Cat builds?

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Nikkin, Testing most new things that come, but I dont relesae stuff untill i feel I given it enought time etc to say for sure that “this is what Osicat recommend”. A new build example S C Heavy 3.0 needed 2 weeks of testing in both solo, smal and medium team wvwvw + spvp and instances before I felt i knew its weakness and streanths. Had 2 other versions I scrapped inculding a wvwvw full accesorys – celestial.

For spvp Celestial amulet + gem work fantastic thu with the 3.0 SC H build.

But as said, I come bakc with more info when I knew better.

Hope I can help, I understand that my updates can be slow sometimes but with so many patches latley plus the fact I hate to give info that I in a week or more not 100% happy with.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deadmanh.7425

Deadmanh.7425

1. Which of your builds do you recommend for solo open world play, and to start dungeons/ fractals? I just started this game about 2 weeks ago, and I am almost lvl 80. So i need to start working on getting those ascended accessories.

2. You also mentioned that some builds are more newbie friendly than others. How do you rank them from easy to hardest?

3. I was going to follow your gear pieces for armor, and maybe runes of the Centaur or Air, not sure which yet. But do you have any recommended gear updates for PVE? I have a starting budget of about 40 gold (thanks to friends).

Thanks in Advance Osicat.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Deadhamnh. tbh untill you know what gamestyle you like dont invets in expensive runes, strat with orbs. When you know for sure if you will go Pve or wvwvw and what kind of wvwvw ( you in a roaming or siege guild etc) you start focus on get a gear set.

1:To farm your gear and start I would say Shatter Cat Heavy 3.0 with some extra zerker gear in the instances and a GS in your bag for soem bosses. It keep you alive and let you learn the shatter gamestyle without get puniched to hard when you do a misstake. Alternative S C Phantasm Hybrid with a GS.

2: Hardest top, most newbie friendly to bottom (OBS that a build is newbe friendly dont say the skillcap is low,just that the starter cap is low, easy to start, hard to master)

S C – Phantasm hybrid
S C – Original
S C – Dmg&support
S C – Mist2.0
S C – Heavy 3.0

3: Save al laurels to buy “Chavaler” accesorys. this is the hardest to obtain and at same time most important.

Save badges of honnour untill you know for sure how you will buy gear, fist part usualy is “Chest – knight”.

Get a set of berzerker weps and good sigils, this is your core dmg.

Fractals if your firend.

/Osicat

PS GL

in Mesmer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Hey Osi, thanks for replying earlier to me on mail Just to let you know, your mailbox is now full. I tried replying with a thanks, haha

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Aww sorry. my mailbox always get full. Cant beleve they havea 100 mail max. I get sometimes 10-15 pm,s on the forum page / day. I go sort it.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: truewin.1842

truewin.1842

can you do a a short vid on what key binds work for you?
I have ben haveing trouble with me speed and think it might be the fact that i use the normal set up 1-9

Im new to key binds and watch you vids and see q w e r m4? S-q S-E S-R S-F

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moaning Marv.2194

Moaning Marv.2194

Hey Osi, i see you have vitality infusion slot on the ascended back- i haven’t done fractals in months but i dont remember off/def slot choice backpacks, with that said i’ve tried to put on a wvw vitality infusion on my current ascended and it doesn’t work so wondering if i need to do fractals again to get another back piece so i can put a vit infusion on it…. ty

Moaning (thief) Marvolo (mes) Mordaunt (necro)
Knights of the White Wolf
Sanctum of Rall

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Truewin, This is accualy a good suggestion. Have so many ppl ask about my keybinds it might be worth make a mini tutorial, like the voice driven ability tutorial.

@Moaning Marv, Na,those 50 hp will not be so big difference that it worth work al the way for a new backpeace. Its depending on if you went for a defensive or offensive slot. Just make sure you get a defensive nec or something and its equal. Also if you get al 6 infusions from wvwvw you have 6 extra stats

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: zombye.6283

zombye.6283

Does anyone know if the hoelbrak runes proc off people attacking the clones?

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

@zombye, I don’t think so.

Btw. Full zerk 10 (I)/30 (II, IV, X)/0/0/30(I, III, XI) – shatter so fun.

Runes = Ruby orbs x.X

Only con is that it’s not the optimal in outnumbered situations. (unless you know how to play).

Mainly play this in WvW zerg fights, usually never die, so it works.

I’m actually collecting for my legendary so not that much experimenting with builds.

But since I’m a commander I’m thinking a Shatter inspired heal build, I’m still planning a bit on the details.

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Update

Latest vid. Only 3 min long.

Find The Cat

/Osicat

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Nice vid

Is it possible to do a condi/tough/healing- based build?, cause I may have a nice test build on going.

The traits are 0/0/10 (IV)/30 (IV, (U*) , XII)/30(IV,U**, *XI) – defined- for shatter heal, and condi.

U*, VII, VIII or X
U** VI or X

What I want, much toughness, healing, with condi damage if possible.

Still thinking a little. but this seems a good start

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Just a small thing, but could you please add some sPvP builds on the front page, since it’s really hard to find the few you have mentioned.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@My sweet Lilly, will do. Its on my " to do" list. To may do to little time Will add my 2 favorite spvp builds in the comming days.

Ps Ty alf or have patience with my slow working. I do my bets to keep the guide up to date but last weeks so mutch happened both on gear, on memser build side and on enemy build side. My general feeling thu in wvwvw is eather Mesmer go stronger last month or enemys got weaker cause I feel there is 2 builds I can use that destroy ppl both solo and group + WERY WERY hard to dwon even for a team of players.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

@My sweet Lilly

The current pvp build I run.

20(I,III)/20(II,X)/0/0/30(I,III,X)

Staff and sw/sw

Zerker amulet.

Prec. stacking on staff, and Force, Purity sigil on Swords.

Runes: rune of the air (6/6)

Last time I ran pvp it worked fine for me, I think one death or two during the match. and it was after the trait changes and sword nerf.

I am mostly in WvW, and sometimes in pvp that’s why I am not 100% sure it will be working ok.

Edit.
Utils: Mirror images, decoy and blink, Either moa, or Mass invis as Elite. Ether feast as healing.

How to crashreport…

(edited by UnknownFreak.2805)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

Hey Osicat I saw that sometimes in your vids you sue the 3rd and 4th shatters when you don’t have any clones out. Why exactly do you do this and when do you decide you need to use this to just proc the effect on yourself?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Hey Osi,

I have been playing your Shattercat Heavy 3.0 and I like the build. I also usually use either Superior Sigil of Bloodlust or Superior Sigil of Perception on both my underwater weapons to build stacks when I can.

What do you think would be better – Bloodlust for more might or Perception for more crit?

I also like Signet of Inspiration in this build (replaces Portal) to share Might with your party.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

(edited by Xavi.6591)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Xavi, I also use Inspiration when in group fights, lovely way to teamplay a build who stack up this insane about of boons and might. Good call.

For stacks I would go for Perception, this as your condition AND power is wery high when you started to stack. More crit give both, more crits = more blled = better use the condition dmg, more crit = better use of the crit dmg. Have not released yet but in some time we will se even higher condition and crit dmg o this build as I testing a celestial armour version.

Deathcon, different situation make me use this.

1 When i land a good set of burst on a enemy I sometimes use a shatter nr 3 for a chanse on a lucky interrupt.

2 Alot of players use a fear, cc etc just after you bursted em, this to avoid more dmg. A immunity here can help to keep preasure up.

3 If I have my 50% hp = shatter reset and see a big chance my hp will drop wery soon, then I try spend my shatters to get some free extra when the reset happens.

4 Sometimes I do things that I just do on instinkt. After endless of dueling and roaming I do things whithout know that I even will do em myself. like when you play tennis and catch a fast backhand ball on reflex rather than think about it.

/Osicat

(edited by Osicat.4139)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@All. Added my version of the non shater condition spec. Deleted the gear section of the guide as I now use a Gear & build link to al builds. The Spvp section will come in the comming days.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Moaning Marv.2194

oh no not celestial! I’m currently making a set for my necro (extra stats work great with ds power build), but 1 fused quart a day and 5 needed to make a piece is sooo long lol

Sanctum of Rall

in Mesmer

Posted by: Serhend.6382

Serhend.6382

For staff, Superior Sigil of Strength may be better since you have high crit chance + you get lot of fury from staff 1 and also lot of crits from illusions. It has 1 sec CD and gives 1 might for 10 sec, fairly easy to keep 5 or even more stacks up most of time.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zudI1kZpO4c

A guardian with 50% crit chance, he says he stacks might as high as 20 stacks. Video is old tho.

(edited by Serhend.6382)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Serhend, TEsted before I ended up use battle and I find battle more usefull. This cause to get maximum effect of strenth you need to be dps al tim to fully use the 2 sec internal cd. By use battle I can instead swotch do defensive gameplay, run away formenemy and let phantasm + clones dps while I regain health in stealth ect but still by wpe swap gain might.

Feel free to test what work best with your playstyle thu.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

Hey Osicat, I like this build a lot, but I am having some problems with 1 on 1 encounters with mostly Greatsword, sword/(torch or pistol) mesmers.

It seems like they put out so much pressure off the bat I cant seem to get things rolling. It feels like I am scrambling to get in close to do a shatter, whilst they break me down with ranged attacks.

Any tips?

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@ Rinzler, Wvwvw or spvp stick to em like glue, its basicly practice, nail your leaps and cc, The gs lose alot of its strength as soon you keep close to em.

If its spvp duel and you taking about a Phantasm specced GS messmer thu its not alot you can do with a shatter setup. Its unbalanced atm but phantasm mesmer is paper who brake rock in terms of spvp duels versus shatter. This advantage they lose thu as soon its spvp with more numbers or wvwvw. In wvwvw a phantasm spec is chunky and uneffective at best compared to a less phantasm relying spec.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Erifin.8423

Erifin.8423

I have a gs of strength i my bag for siege and laggy situations like zerg vs zerg vs zerg.

in Mesmer

Moaning Marv.2194

Hey Osi, quick question to get your opinion on real quick. So i’ve been running heavy 3.0 for a while now which works great, but the killing is a bit slow- compared to the hybrid 2swords i ran before this (i’m on t1 server btw where a zerg could run by at any minute :P), so was just wondering what you’d think about halting strike instead of empowered illusions? 15% over all dmg seems better ofcourse than a random interrupt burst, but then again i dont keep illusions up as long with the hybrid build…thoughts?

Edit: now that i’m looking at the builds, heavy 3.0 really is the best one for t1, mobility and the dmg etc.

Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Moaning Marv.2194)

in Mesmer

Posted by: shadowraith.9124

shadowraith.9124

Love the new videos Osi.

I’d be interested to see you trying to escape losing battles (if you do actually lose any!) or outnumberred situations on that shattercat heavy build as it’s the main thing that puts me off using it in WvW (thst is, less than 100% swiftness uptime).

Do you find that even in the current condition meta, the 60% lower condition uptime is enough to survive against the classes with really nasty condition burst without cleanse?

in Mesmer

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

Hey Osicat!

I use your heavy 3.0 build,which is perfect (kills a bit slowly,but it’s fine)
But,do you have any tips on how to counter d/d – shortbow thiefs? (not backstab ones).
I try to kite/keep the distance but it’s almost impossible and they deal big and fast dmg.Any tips?:)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Shadowraith, Its totalt possible to escape a loosing battle on S C Heavy but it involves save up soem defenses. When you feel, o kittenhis will hurt, stealth staffblink, blink and then chain massstealth. Drop a hidden portal and try get los. In open terrain this is hader so look for good terrain, as soon staff 2 on cd again staff leap. Often by now u so far away ppl drop interest in folow or just lost you. If u had a friendly fight with you he probobly getting nuked instead as hes a easier target aswell.

Shadowraith, its persnal, easy to apply the new buffed nullfield instead of say, portal if you want better condi clensing. pesonaly I feel its enouth as loong you juke in and our of range so the condi applyers cant apply al time on you.

@Harris, Some thief builds and even some mesmer builds when on Heavy 3.0 just not cut it for solo, this is the price we play with great flexibility. Its not ment for a pure Solo/duel buil, it work as one thu but specialiced solo builds in a 1 vs 1 situations have a advatage. Still same builds are ineffective whener you still wery effective, in smal duo or mid size group fights.

Still neraly every thief I run into on 3.0 I feel dont have a solid way to get me down while my dmg scare hi of or down him. Its a bit of practice but just as u dont realy have a good condi clearer they lack stun and imobelize braker. Try nail al your cc,s even if he stealth hes imbeliced in stealth so a sword nr 2 will hit. Not sure “keep the distance” is correct aswell. Try preasure him, change playstyle a little, shatter less and leav a phantasm up. Use the focus for slow + controll.

See if u can find the player u mean and duel him several times. Mabye film it to look what u did wrong. I often look on my fails to try find things to correct.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

Thanks for the tips Osicat,I will try to mess with this kind of thieves a bit and see how it will go.This thief wa sa random Ring of Fire General,but he chased be from briar to lake,he almost had me,but i used Mass Invisibility and got away.When I stopped tofight with him,I felt like i just loaded thew build and didn’t know what button to press to find him and damage him.Anyway,I will try to film me in action (I doubt you want to see your build getting shamed but…you said so!) and post it here so you can see it

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Hey Osicat, i was wondering why you run full Hoelbrak Runes for? Is it for the full -20% condition duration? I have been looking at making a Might build and have been looking at 2 Hoelbrak and 4 Altrusim:

1: + 25 Power
2: +20% Might Duration

3: +25 Healing
4: 3 Stacks of Might on heal
5: +50 Healing
6: +15% Boon Duration

Not sure about the 3 Might on Heal as it states for Allies, not sure (i would hope) thakittens for me as well. Plus with my 20% Boon duration already i would have 55% Might duration increase and 35% for other boons

(edited by ArmageddonAsh.6430)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@ArmageddonAsh, yes wery good point and ty for point this out. Idd The shatter cat heavy is a tanky build, it survive ALOT of hammering but its weak spot as al mesmers are condition. To cure this I needed condition lowring runes, Eather Malanru or Holbreak. As its a power based dps spec with conditon preasure and might as its dmg source Holbreak filled this spot.

So, yes Might is a core, tbh in Shatter Cay Heavy with 25 stacks I had 6k nr 2 sword hits on camp guild claimer, this I have not had in any other spec than the Shater cat Phantasm hybrid wh is my core dps build.

So Heavy do almost same dmg as a GC build, it also have extreme good defense versus conditions and high survival versus direct dmg. Its one of my most sucessful builds and feel it corver most areas, only speed is a little low but as it uses focus it have that to.

@Harris, cheers gl and post that film.

@Ixyix, the BS thief I fought today. kitten you realy are a good BS thief :;D Good fights. made my day.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

@ArmageddonAsh, yes wery good point and ty for point this out. Idd The shatter cat heavy is a tanky build, it survive ALOT of hammering but its weak spot as al mesmers are condition. To cure this I needed condition lowring runes, Eather Malanru or Holbreak. As its a power based dps spec with conditon preasure and might as its dmg source Holbreak filled this spot.

So, yes Might is a core, tbh in Shatter Cay Heavy with 25 stacks I had 6k nr 2 sword hits on camp guild claimer, this I have not had in any other spec than the Shater cat Phantasm hybrid wh is my core dps build.

So Heavy do almost same dmg as a GC build, it also have extreme good defense versus conditions and high survival versus direct dmg. Its one of my most sucessful builds and feel it corver most areas, only speed is a little low but as it uses focus it have that to.

/Osicat

So you consider the 6/6 is required? I have been looking at your builds and videos, they seem very interesting just thinking about putting my own “spin” on it rather then just copying yours.

I agree that we seriously lack condition removal, we have Torch but not everyone runs torch think we have a few traits here and there but so dotted about its hard to really get everything.

I was looking at the “On Heal” runes, they could be pretty decent with Mantra of Recovery. You get the Might from activating it and then Might from the heals. Taking Battle Sigil is more Might and of course Shattering and Interruption as well.

How much is your Might Boon duration increase? do you find it hard getting to 25stacks without the Focus interruption? Chaos Storm could be very nice against Zergs as well

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

all

Must ask, is there any interest in a vid where I show my spvp build and gameplay?

I use a rather different gamestyle and setup for this, sure somone else play something lil simmilar but so far not seen any other mesmer in the games I play with this setup.

Or you rater want the vids to stay on wvwvw?

/ Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

Been hoping for a spvp video in ages
Would love to see how you handle being forced to fight in a smaller area and how you take advantage of the terrain in the different maps ^^