[Guide] WvWvW/Pve Shatter Cat 2014-04-23

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dognuts.4051

Dognuts.4051

@Dognuts, It work wery wery well for spvp I noticed, change runes for divinity or the one who shorten condition uptime (melo… something), use powerstack sigil, 5% crit chance and fire aoe.

This setup is totaly lovley for point flipping and roaming in spvp. You be like a shadow of death and most ppl take aonther target to try focus down when they cant catch you.

/Osicat

Thanks Osicat! Appreciate the answer, and all you do for the Mesmer community. I look forward to your next video

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

@Estarioll, so fun you ask this today. I been working hard last weeks with find a more viable flexible Mist spec who work better in pve and for more sitautions in wvwvw. Its now done and in my oppinon its the biggest uppdate for The Shatter Cat Guide in months. The new Shatter Cat Mist is spot on, havent enjoyed a sec so much in wery long time.

@RubySwan, Hi mate, must give you and the necro alot of credit thu for a fantastic defense of that camp. What you faced was the new Shatter Cat Mist. Cheers mate and GG, impressed by your gameplay.

@Dognuts, Ty alot of those kind words. I keep uppdate the guide. Now I have some hard work with uppdate the text guide the comming weeks.

@UPPDATE@***

New Build, text guide incomming.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Estarioll.5781

Estarioll.5781

AWESOME! <3

can’t wait to try this out!

Tipsy Dipsy, plank scrubber of The Bloody Pirates [YARR]
~Gandara~

in Mesmer

Posted by: MightyMe.1356

MightyMe.1356

Awsome! Thank you Osi, can’t wait for the complete guide for 2.0

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dognuts.4051

Dognuts.4051

@Estarioll, so fun you ask this today. n working hard last weeks with find a more viable flexible Mist spec who work better in pve and for more sitautions in wvwvw. Its now done and in my oppinon its the biggest uppdate for The Shatter Cat Guide in months. The new Shatter Cat Mist is spot on, havent enjoyed a sec so much in wery long time.

@RubySwan, Hi mate, must give you and the necro alot of credit thu for a fantastic defense of that camp. What you faced was the new Shatter Cat Mist. Cheers mate and GG, impressed by your gameplay.

@Dognuts, Ty alot of those kind words. I keep uppdate the guide. Now I have some hard work with uppdate the text guide the comming weeks.

@UPPDATE@***

New Build, text guide incomming.

/Osicat

Nooooooooooooo . Video not authorized for mobile viewing,

in Mesmer

Posted by: NerdyMike.2695

NerdyMike.2695

Hey Osi,

Thank you so much for the new updated Shatter-Cat Mesmer! It. Is. Awesome! I must admit that I’ve been theory-crafting myself and I came close to what you have, but the survivablility wasn’t nearly as much as what it appears to have with yours (plus it seems that you have higher Power than me as well).

I took the stats from the video and I was able to plug them all in to the gw2buildcraft and I was able to get the traits, but I’m wondering – is the payoff really worth it not having the Domination Major Trait I (Mental Torment)?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Orthias.4801

Orthias.4801

Hi Osi and thanks for all your great work!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i’m trying to figure out the best gear setup for your Shatter Cat Mist build.

Since it’s based on the heavy, i went to look for the gear setup there, and i found: 1/6 K, 4/6 BZ, 1/6 V

I figure that means 4 berserker pieces, 1 Knights and 1 Valkyrie but which ones are you reffering to? Do you list them in the order they appear in the equipment slots?
That would mean headgear is Knights, shoulders+chest+gloves+pants are berserker and boots are Valkyrie.

Is that correct?

in Mesmer

Posted by: NerdyMike.2695

NerdyMike.2695

@Orthias – He’s got a new video up with the Shatter-Cat 2.0, and he shows off the gear and what’s what. Here’s a link to it: Shatter-Cat 2.0 by Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Orthias.4801

Orthias.4801

@Orthias – He’s got a new video up with the Shatter-Cat 2.0, and he shows off the gear and what’s what. Here’s a link to it: Shatter-Cat 2.0 by Osicat

yep sorry about that i was just about to edit my post to mention the video. I’m still curious about the shorthand used in the guide though, what it actually translates to.

Thanks for the heads up anyway!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morehei.7859

Morehei.7859

Well it may sounds fanboyish, but Osicat please stop pushing the limits of awesomeness always farther please (and thanks a lot for this new movie).

@Orthias
For the Traits, go here Mist 1.0 Gear & Traits
For the Mist 2.0, you saw the gear in the previous link.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adonisis.9736

Adonisis.9736

Hello Osicat, great work on your guide and all your youtube vids! It made me go back to my lvl 80 mesmer after switching it for an elementalist. Keep up the good work!

I have a question for you though, what do you run when you’re doing dungeons or fractals? (traits, weapons and utilities)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@ MAJOR UPDATE @**

I just updated the whole guide. Al 5 builds. The guide is more compact now and in the links you find not only build but also gear, runes and sigils. Adding food later.

Also, Shatter Cat Most 2.0 is now a part of the core guide and set as the reccomended roaming build.

Romaing bulids:

Original, Mist

Group fight builds:

Heavy, Condition Hybrid

Zerg fight builds

Hybrid with GS,(adding) Condition with flamour (adding) Hevay.

Pve builds

Hybrid or Mist

Spvp

Hybrid, mist, heavy

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

God condition clensing abilitys due to focus

How…?

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

put your warden over the temporal curtain

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Mesmer

MightyMe.1356

put your warden over the temporal curtain

If I do just this,and then stand inside the protective bubble while the condition cleansing bolts effect kicks in will it work on me or would I have to stand outside of the bubble away from the Iwarden?
Also does it remove all conditions from you? And what about enemy’s boons? Does it strip them too?
Anyone tested this?

(edited by MightyMe.1356)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Estarioll.5781

Estarioll.5781

Had soooo much fun yesterday trying out Mist build <3
Roaming on the edges of a zerg and picking on targets who got separated <3

You’re awesome Osi!

Tipsy Dipsy, plank scrubber of The Bloody Pirates [YARR]
~Gandara~

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Just seen thru the changes to the class. Will have a deeper look later and when it hit I as always update my builds.

Sadly it seems like The Condition Shatter Cat getting hit harder than it deserve. As it look now if this go thru it will be unviable in wvwvw. As I aim on keep al my builds up to date Ic ant reccomend this build and if the confusion 50 nerf land I will delete it form the Shatter Cat Guide.

For signets, who know mabye a new build later will fill the condition builds slot Also, Moa seem to get a buff, will keep a eye at it.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Varzul.6897

Varzul.6897

Im a little confused. Are they nerfing cry of frustration then? is that what is meant by nerfing confusion?

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Varzul, we looking at a total dmg nerf of 50% to al wvwvw confusion dmg. Making it practicly unviable to gear and spec for confusion dmg spikes and direct dmg far better. As our other condition is short lived and unreliable I dont see any reason to gear and spec for condition dmg as a mesmer. They effectly killed every condition spec for mesmers ( Glamour, shatter or staff bounce). The Torch and scepter is also subpar already and now they thave no room in our arsenal.

Note thu, this is not a doomsday, just made the number of builds that we can play less. I cant say I agree with arenanet on this, we seen wery loud QQ,ers (ARM,s) about confusion dmg and I guess this show they do listen to forum warriors.

I would thu agree with the changes if they added alternatives and changes to condition builds so they not simply killed al condition spec. Its like if they made al necros deal 50% less dmg with power builds, the ressult would be al direct dmg builds would be lost and the build who most already play (condition) would not only be dominating but also the only resonable build.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

MightyMe.1356

Just seen thru the changes to the class. Will have a deeper look later and when it hit I as always update my builds.

Sadly it seems like The Condition Shatter Cat getting hit harder than it deserve. As it look now if this go thru it will be unviable in wvwvw. As I aim on keep al my builds up to date Ic ant reccomend this build and if the confusion 50 nerf land I will delete it form the Shatter Cat Guide.

For signets, who know mabye a new build later will fill the condition builds slot Also, Moa seem to get a buff, will keep a eye at it.

/Osicat

Hello Osicat,
How will the confusion nerf affect shatter cat mist 2.0?
Will it make shatter 2 useless?
Cuz seeing your video your confusion ticks for some nice 1ks at times,though mostly 800s~
Also I notice in your rotation sometimes when you have 3 illusions up and you’re going for a burst,you get near your foe and then press f1,f2,f3, the last two shatters you do on air (thanks to Illusionary Persona), I always thought you do that for the extra confusion stacks.
So now after the nerf how will it affect your rotation?
Also,will you consider replacing mass invisibility with moa?
Cheers!

(edited by MightyMe.1356)

in Mesmer

Posted by: avdima.2846

avdima.2846

Sadly it seems like The Condition Shatter Cat getting hit harder than it deserve. As it look now if this go thru it will be unviable in wvwvw.

very sad to hear! i spent hours to get together the gear for my condition build. now i am nearly finished and that`s it?
:(

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@MightyMe, Shatter nr 2 still do alot of nice stuff. A 3 clone shatter nr 3 will give 3 stacks of might for 10 sec, apply 8 stacks of confusion and deal ~2-3k dmg so deffo worth use.

The f1 f2 f3 in some situations is usualy for some extra confusion yes a little tip of dmg and I iften try end with a daze to avoud counterstrikes. The f3 end is sweet

I will not change any rotations, I use the same seup with good ressult in spvp atm. This nerf mostly hit the builds who mainly use confusion for spikes.

Note thu, the state of mesmers will ALWAYS be based on hpw we stand in compare to the other classes. As it look today in a random situation in wvwvw the one who is a threat normaly is -Thiefs, Condition engis, other mesmers and d/d eles. Al other we can avoid/kill most of the time. Of this enemys next patch buff Thiefs, mesmers are a mirror, d/d eles get al heavy hit with the nerf bat and condition enginers will be ALOT easier. So in the end our life will be a little easier tbh exept the thiefs who will remain a class you NEED to practice alot vs to feel secure vs. I duel thiefs 1-3 hours / week, it help alot.

Moa is to solo focused for wvwvw in my oppinion, mass moa mabye next patch?

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kudos.2460

Kudos.2460

I’m thinking about doing some spvp, but obviously can’t customise my gear selection as much in wvw.
Which amulet and jewel should I use and is runes of air still recommended?

I am using shattercat mist build.

Thanks,
Kudos.

Edit: Just spent a couple hours using zerkers amulet with knights jewel, with divinity runes.
I did pretty good but it feels like something aint right, dunno what it is.

(edited by Kudos.2460)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nevseyy.2749

Nevseyy.2749

Hey Osicat, first of all I’d like to say thanks for the brilliant guide!
Secondly, can I ask why you use the +precision sigil over the +power sigil?
Thanks

(edited by Nevseyy.2749)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Kudos, I usualy use the condition lovering runes or divinity in spvp, I also use the vitality, precision, power nec in spvp.

@Nevseyy, 2 reasons,

-1 cause the buide use several chaviler parts, meaning it get high crit dmg, toughness and keep power, but lack some in precision. I compensate this thru precision sigil and food.

-2 Precision give a more spiky dmg setup, power give high dmg but more stable. For PvP i prefere bursty/spiky dmg as it are harder to handle for the opponent.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nevseyy.2749

Nevseyy.2749

Ahh okay that makes sense one last question, which food do you use for wvw?

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Nevseyy, for general roaming 10% crit 100% prec, for GS + sword/focus 30+ ppl vs 30+ alt zergdiving with guild Precision + toughness food, for dueling -40% condition uptime 70 vit.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: DustyTrails.8631

DustyTrails.8631

Hey Osicat, just wanted to say how much I appreciate your guide. Without it I don’t I would be enjoying my mesmer as much as I do now. I’ve been really liking the Shatter Cat Hybrid build and think its a ton of fun. I kind of mixed it with your Mist 2.0 in that I have a couple trinkets with P/T/CD and I use sharpening stone instead of maintenance oil. I made a highlight movie with that build.

(edited by DustyTrails.8631)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@DustyTrails, love it haha Phantasm Hyvbrid, the spec where it go faster to burst than stake downed enemys. Nice gameplay, good choice of music. Cheers for share.

**@Uppdate@***

Stared to do some speach supported tutorials with a guildmate, sharing the firsk, hope you like it.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Oh wow; that’s a really cool video, Osicat! I’m playing Mesmer for a long while already, but I just got some new ideas which I didn’t think of yet. Not everything was new to me; but enough things were to make me like the video a lot. Thanks!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sobiech.9613

Sobiech.9613

WvW: Updated confusion and retaliation effects to do the same damage as they do in sPvP

They’ve gone and done destroyed Confusion in WvW. Not just winged it a bit, but completely blew it away. Thanks A-net for having to now narrow our mindset in buildcrafting.

Osi, your builds are going to be that much more popular now.

Reine Tovar [HoTR] – Mesmer
Aerika [HoTR] – Necromancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bearlin.7238

Bearlin.7238

Hey Osi, I’ve seen some of your videos and wow I just realized how I wasn’t using my mesmer to its full potential :P Anyway, I was hoping for some advice about your mist build in terms of sPvP. What runes would you put in there instead of Air?

in Mesmer

avdima.2846

@ bearlin:

@Kudos, I usualy use the condition lovering runes or divinity in spvp, I also use the vitality, precision, power nec in spvp.
/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sibe.3512

Sibe.3512

hey osicat, what about superior rune of the pack instead “of the air” after the fix?
it give more power, precision and might/fury/swiftness every 10 sec or so

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Sobiech, I updating my builds this and the last week, will delete the condition Shatter Cat as I find it lacking compared to the others, will look at a alternative build to fill the gap, mabye a range gs build, not sure yet.

@Avidma, cheers and ty

@Sibe, There is two major problem with the pack runes, 1 its not on demand that make it unreliable in pvp. 2 its random, making it less interesting, the random boon system have a tendence to laught at you and proc the exact boon you dont need at the wrong time.

Also, there stats can not compete to the dmg from rune of air proc unless you are in a pve situation.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

avdima.2846

so after the patch, i am wondering what i should do with my condition shatter build. so far i have full rabid gear, everything except the trinkets from fractal. (luckily, i wasn`t able to buy them yet).
but i played a few times with the build and the gear in wvw and i liked it a lot, especially because of the high toughness. it would be sad, to throw away the hard collected gear.
so does anyone have an idea, what could be a good way to use it furthermore?

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Did a duel session BO5 versus a Ele from Red Guard, Intigo. I say for sure, this is the best elementalist I EVER faced. So impressed. He kept preassure up and landed attacks on me in stealthed and tricked me to interupt wrong abilitys.

He beat me first 2 duels with have not happened versus eles in ages. I won the 3 after so a close 2-3 favour mesmer.

Enjoy

Long last duel, score 2-2 so its finale and both want to win.

First 4 duels, 2 win for ele in start, then 2 win for me.

Enjoy if you want to se a PRO elementalist from Red Guard.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morehei.7859

Morehei.7859

Impressive to say the least. /bow to both of you and a double for your win :p
Any rematch planned with Mist 2.0 and post patch ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: JollyApple.6849

JollyApple.6849

Did a duel session BO5 versus a Ele from Red Guard, Intigo. I say for sure, this is the best elementalist I EVER faced. So impressed. He kept preassure up and landed attacks on me in stealthed and tricked me to interupt wrong abilitys.

He beat me first 2 duels with have not happened versus eles in ages. I won the 3 after so a close 2-3 favour mesmer.

Enjoy

Long last duel, score 2-2 so its finale and both want to win.

First 4 duels, 2 win for ele in start, then 2 win for me.

Enjoy if you want to se a PRO elementalist from Red Guard.

/Osicat

As always, well played Sir. A question though, I noticed that you are using S/S and Staff during your battles. Are you using your Shatter Cat Heavy build and traded off mirror images trait to portal entre trait?

Also, are the gears with Shatter Cat Heavy still updated?

in Mesmer

Posted by: PH Law.4063

PH Law.4063

Hi Osicat huge fan of your build i am currently running a hybrid shatter build but my problem for me is always the thief class how do you go against them in wvw currently because i cant land a single thing considering how often they stealth…

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Morehei, Cheers, might come a new duel later with Intigo. My dream would be to dee a mini turney 2 vs 2 with ppl like Intigo, Draceo Dustbringer, Maskaganda etc

@Its in fact Shatter Cat Mist, old build I us here, reason is cause the sword block give the little extra dmg I need to down him without me sacrefy defensive stats to gain more offensive. I play same setup when I fight a regen Ranger with good skills.

I have a habit to always carry 3-4 exotic swords 2 exotic staffs a focus and. a Gs when I roaming, food can be changed in combat aswell, its not the kind of gamepöay I expect ppl to play, enjoy or even pull off but if I face somone/some ppl and I notice, jesus crist they both play bleedstacking pistol build etc I portal out, shatter clones and leav combat, change to focus eath condi lovering food and jump into combat again.

@PH Law, Shatter cat Hybrid so a ton of dmg as you noticed by now, its weakness is capability to fast escape combat or survive landd bursts. Facing a thief thie usualy mean one of you will die and who it will be is based on how well you land your attacks.

Tipps is, use daze shatters to interupt stealths and heals. Use staff defensivly and to gain area. Remember its a hybrid. 1-2 iswordman phantasms and you can basicly movearound, as soon he hit they jump him. Use RUNE OF AIR Sword block is a winner and with some timing a rune of air + swordblock + shatter is enought.

Also, see this vid, not same build (Its Shatter Cat Heavy) but combat style is wery simmilar as he play stealth dagger.

Notice boon managment.
See how I use Los in first fight ending to stop hes gap closer and get the kill.
How to interupt a stealth in 2 fight.
Value of focus in3 rd fight vs shortbow.

/Osicat

(edited by Osicat.4139)

in Mesmer

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Are rune of air crits nerfed in spvp or something?
The only place I’ve tried it out has been in the mists pvp zone and the damage was rubbish.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Fadeaway, rune of air is less interesting in spvp due to

1: Mesmers speed is not sutch big problem as in wvwvw where the area and ability to move long distances in and out of combat is important. .

2: The dmg of the proc is based on crit dmg, % + dmg and power. The gear in wvwvw can bump your % crit dmg to 100-124% + while you in spvp dont get close to that by the berserker amulet.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

fadeaway.2807

With 20/20/0/0/30 spec, zerker gear and air runes – the air proc crits for 1800 in spvp.
I just can’t see how you’re getting 6k crits unless it’s nerfed in pvp.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Fadeaway, again, have a look, not on spec but on stats, in zerker gear you can get around 125 %+ crit dmg, not sure about power but FAR more than in spvp. add on normal % dmg. Then compare to your % crit dmg in sPvP.

Thing is that crit dmg scale like crazy while condition dmg go up rather static. This is the reason burst shatter builds are so deadly in wvwvw. I had mv who hit for ~ 4 k each in my burstiest build in wvwvw.

best answer i can give, also anet have not said anything ever about a air rune nerf in spvp.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: PH Law.4063

PH Law.4063

hi osicat what food do u usually use for shatter cat hybrid because i currently use Master Maintance Oil and curry

in Mesmer

Posted by: mrsmiles.8943

mrsmiles.8943

what would you change to the shatter phantasm hybrid to play in pve?
dungeons/fractals or just running around the world.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@PH Law, I use 10% crit 100 prec for roaming or group fighting, I use 40% less cd uptime for duels. Vs thiefs I use toughness /preci food.

@Mrsmiles, I swap staff for GS when doing fractals, sometimes I also change sword for focus (example the knock down harpyes in one fractal where you try jump up, a iwarden defend vs bolts), some bosses I even play the weard staff/gs setup.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

fadeaway.2807

Can I ask your opinion on phantasm builds Osi? Surely you must have tried them. Is there a reason you always come back to shatter?

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Fadeaway, Phantasm build is fantasticin 1 vs 1, close to op in spvp duels. Its alos extremly good vs bosses in pve. It lack flexibility and ability to move its force fast from 1 place to another in wvwvw thu and if jumped by several enemys its hard manuver and counterstrike / escape. Ot just do are flexible enought for me and y playstyle.

/Osicat