Has anyone ever hit 34k damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

So in the thief forum on a thread comparing warrior damage to thief damage someone had the wits to claim that a Mesmer blurred+mindwrack combo has hit them for 34k… I think this is a gross over exaggeration… However has anyone ever been hit with or pulled those kind of numbers off?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

We are supposed to be the masters of illusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

you cant get that sort of numbers with blurred frenzy+MW

you’d need to use a GS combo+MW

if the stars align, you can mw for 14k , then 8k with mirror blade then 8k with izerker(lol prebug), against a GC target

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

if the stars align, you can mw for 14k , then 8k with mirror blade then 8k with izerker(lol prebug), against a GC target

Just curious…. The person that perpetuated this argument proceeded to show an Osicat video when shattered strength was bugged to give triple the might stacks. I just kind of lol’d at that.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

Just curious…. The person that perpetuated this argument proceeded to show an Osicat video when shattered strength was bugged to give triple the might stacks. I just kind of lol’d at that.

Its more then possible to get might from elsewhere tho.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Yes we can get it from might duration runes and sigils of battle this I am aware of and use it often. However I still find his claim that we can achieve such high burst damage to be a little over the top… So I was just wondering if anyone has ever hit that number.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

You can still stack Might on a Mes but it’s kind of gimmicky and it constrains your weapon/item choices (GS, on-swap sigils, etc.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Just out solo roaming?

If I’ve got 10 stacks of might and 3 clones and blurred frenzy.

It’s possible to see 3k mind wrack per clone assuming every clone crits and your personal shatter crits that’s 12k. Blurred frenzy could hit 5k so now we’re at 17k.

I suppose you could throw a mirror image and CoFrustration on their and get another 6k possibly? So now we’re around 23k. This would also be assuming that your target had very little armor.

That would be in pretty ideal situations. I suppose you could be in a party and have 25 stacks of might but how often does that really happen.

Personally I’ve never gotten any thing close to 30k and I’m in full zerker, Runes of air, sigils of air, Full ascended Zerker/Valk jewels.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

dazzling gives huge stack of vulnerability and some stacks of might, traited gs is also strong with mirror blade.
also, dont forget that mind wrack+blurred frenzy is a combo and you can “easily” add mantra of pain and warden which crits for a lot of damage. i think what that guy said can be true but, especially if he does not have a mesmer, perhaps he suffered from a more elaborated combo.

with mind wrack and blurred frenzy alone i think it still depend on might/vulnerability stacks, and of course every shatter must crit and is not always easy… a better access to fury would be awesome.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Nope. Highest I’ve hit was 23k with a full mindwrack/mindstab combo, after 3 daze shatters + mirror blade. Was in PvE, but that still counts. If daze shatters are used, and crits are lucky/compounding power is properly abused, I’m sure s/s or s/x mesmers could do way more damage then that. BF does quite a bit if all hits crit with high stats.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

i think 34k is over the top. even with 100% crit dmg bonus i don’t think anything over 20-25k in a single combo is worth even discussing. Thiefs and warriors are supposed to output the most dmg by design. If you somehow stack 25 might, it’s possible but the only time i’ve had that is in group fights with at least 2 staff guardians, and even then timing the might stacks with the combo can be hard unless your guardians coordinate and do it right at the start.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

I remember reading stories … heard rumors …

But yes it’s posible. If you develope the game and put the damage that you wish in your character… Are they playing against a developers with too much free time? If not, they are Pinocchios.

I am sure that they are not interested in tell other professions how much hard they hit… the nerf shadow is allways flying… ; ) But, of course, others hit 2000000k… and need to be….

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

34 k?wow!what was he like a level 1 armorless thief?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Dont have exact numbers but I have had 10k blurred frencys but on not fully lvld players in wvwvw, best I have on video is ~ 8,5 i think.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBnM3spSyjEI

Theoretical its wery high number dmg you can get, but to crit all is rather unlikley. On a fragile target Mv full combo critted land somewere 3,5-3.8 ( 9%,9%,6%3%) x4, rune of air 5-6k.

/Osicat

(edited by Osicat.4139)

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Dont have exact numbers but I have had 10k blurred frencys but on not fully lvld players in wvwvw, best I have on video is ~ 8,5 i think.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBnM3spSyjEI

Theoretical its wery high number dmg you can get, but to crit all is rather unlikley. On a fragile target Mv full combo critted land somewere 3,5-3.8 ( 9%,9%,6%3%) x4, rune of air 5-6k.

/Osicat

I know on upleveled players some high numbers are very achievable…. This person was talking from a PvP perspective and then brought up one of your videos from when the shattered strength bug was still in effect… I kind of felt like he was just looking for a thief pity party….

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

i mean.. the combos you are talking about are 3 skill combos that all have to land.. what is the limit on that for an example.. im sure if you include enough button presses in your example you can get to 34000.

the thief / warrior comparison is silly since they are usually doing thier high crit/damage in one button. not a 4 skill combo.

the point is.. on a thief you will actually see a high number. on a mesmer you will most likely have to go into your combat log and pull 6 or 7 skills out of the list to compare damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I kind of felt like he was just looking for a thief pity party….

This was most likely the case because apparently a few of them see the damage nerf to Mug as the end of the world or something.

So it seem some have resorted to pointing fingers to Mesmers and pulling random numbers from dark places with an outdated video from 5 or so months ago as ‘evidence’. I’m amazed they didn’t include a (photoshopped) picture too.

At any rate, my Mesmer is full zerker in WvW (GS/SW+PI) and I can tell you that I never came close to 34k. 18-20k maybe, but that would be pushing it and only happens when the gods smile on me.

So to me, this 34k number might have happened in those 2 weeks or so when a Mesmer could get 3 stacks of might per shatter. 25 stacks of Might may have allowed a Mesmer to reach those numbers. But Shattered Strength was quickly changed by ANet because “that’s crazy damage”.

Another thing that might have happened is a ‘shatter bug’ (which was given a bandaid fix resulting with the 0.25s delay between shatters) where you could have 3 ilussions and tell them to shatter, summoning in 3 more illusions before the previous group reached your target and tell them to shatter too; and the game would calculate it as having 6 clones on the field.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Trulywicked.7341

Trulywicked.7341

MW a rabbit. gg Mesmer op
highest burst in tha game on ambient creatures please nerf.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

My highest was 27k on an upleveled ele. I did a daze shatter on him, blurred frenzy, 3 clone mindwrack (plus personal) as well as spamming mantra of pain twice. It is doable, but why would you want to continually do that? Takes away the fun.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I have already hit for multiple millions of damage on my mesmer. The combo was like: Blurred Frenzy, Autoattacks, Blurred Frenzy, Mind Wrack, Autoattacks, Blurred Frenzy………
Isn’t that a bit stupid? I mean i would se a slight sense if it was a channel like 100b/blurred frenzy, but just adding the damage done by each skill together is senseless.
So, my highest Blurred Frenzy has hit for 12k damage, with 25 Stacks Might and a few vulnerability Stacks on my oppenent.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Anyone whom stands still long enough to get 35k worth of damage deserves to die. I don’t even care if that person is me, they deserve to die horribly!

in Mesmer

Posted by: ichal.9504

ichal.9504

We are supposed to be the masters of illusion

hmmm this made think of a new mesmer’s skill: “illusion of damage”, make your foes believe that they were hit by a higher/lower amount of damage than what they actually got, by manipulating the numbers shown in the damage bubble