"Heal on Hit" for Phantasm Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: ToxicToothpick.4396

ToxicToothpick.4396

This seems to work quite well actually.
The heals are tiny and uncommon, but they are able to keep Phantasms and Clones alive through lesser AoE, sometimes through Poisions/Bleeds/Burning, and can even buy an extra hit or two.

What are your thoughts on this?

PS: This is for PvE.
PPS: Currently I only have the Rune in my offhand. If I stick one in both hands will it stack? It seems more useful the the elemental damage on hit.

(edited by ToxicToothpick.4396)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

I believe every sigils, other than “On kill”, only works for the weapons you’ve put it in. So, only 4-5 would have a chance to heal. I didn’t read much about it, but it might true considering if you put a 3% Crit Chance in a MH, you don’t have it in your character window.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ToxicToothpick.4396

ToxicToothpick.4396

The Sigil is currently in my Focus, and it triggers off of my 1 and 2 quite frequently.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dark Blue.4530

Dark Blue.4530

The Bloodlust sigil stacks twice as fast if you use two, so wouldn’t be surprised if others stack twice as fast too. I have tried to find this out when using Sigil of Earth, but as my illusions stack bleeds and random conditions, it’s hard to know where the bleeds are coming from.

They really need to fix that crit chance information thing. It shows the increases to bleed duration when using Agony, but not basic things like if your crit really has been increased.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dark Blue.4530

Dark Blue.4530

I just did some testing and none of the sigils had an affect on the phantasms. They didn’t trigger any of the sigil effects and any effect that was triggered (by skills) was only put on the mesmer.

Also, it didn’t matter which weapon the sigil was placed into to trigger it. I would have the sigil in the offhand and I would still get the effect when only using skills 1-3 and vice versa.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

@Dark Oh thanks for testing.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

So best option for Illusion fighters are still stat-charge sigils. “+10 precision each time you kill a foe”.
If you use a GS, you can put precision on scepter, condi on focus, power on trident and toughness on spear. Charge all counters and then use your GS with +250 stats, unless you map-move or are downed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xfraze.1704

Xfraze.1704

Nretep

So best option for Illusion fighters are still stat-charge sigils. “+10 precision each time you kill a foe”.
If you use a GS, you can put precision on scepter, condi on focus, power on trident and toughness on spear. Charge all counters and then use your GS with +250 stats, unless you map-move or are downed.

I tried stacking the stat on kill sigils and it did not work. Basically, the first one to proc was the only one I could continue to prokittenil I died. I had one on my staff and another on my trident. Maybe it was due to the underwater/land differences?

in Mesmer

Nretep.2564

Nretep

I tried stacking the stat on kill sigils and it did not work. Basically, the first one to proc was the only one I could continue to prokittenil I died. I had one on my staff and another on my trident. Maybe it was due to the underwater/land differences?

you mustn’t switch the weapons (while stacking).
If you actually use them as I said (4 sigils on 3 weaponsets), you need to stack them for each weapon set. So you’d need to kill 75 foes for the full effect. But then you’d have 4x +250 stats.
After you have all the counters, you can switch the weapon all you like, but you only get counters from the active weapon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xfraze.1704

Xfraze.1704

So if I’m understanding you correctly Nretep, I need to stick to one weapon until I achieve the full 25 stacks. Then when I switch to another weapon, I can build up another 25 stacks.

It was my experience that even after getting 25 stacks with my staff, when I switched to my GS which had an increaser as well, the buff indicator did not switch out to match with what I had on my GS.

I’m willing to concede that I might be doing it wrong. Do you think you can provide step by step instructions as I’m having trouble understanding what it is you mean.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

For you precision mesmers, you should try out superior rune of strength in your GS. The triple hit and high crit chance means you’ll be stacking might pretty nicely. And remember, might increases condition damage instantly as well. Use sigil of inspiration and share the might love around when in group setting.

It’s the most expensive sigil right now however, but the performance justifies the price.

Stacking sigils are great for world PvE, but pretty lousy in explore dungeons and WvW where it will get reset frequently.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Huh? You’re a Mesmer, learn not to get downed in WvW!

Here’s how I WvW at the moment: all zerk gear; sword/pistol with precision stacking runes, this way each kill nets 2 stacks. When I enter a map I quickly fill it up on mobs. Greatsword with might on crit rune. Finally, the secret ingredient: ghost pepper popper: during the day that’s some extra might; during the night however it’s 50-ish % uptime chill on 1200, can’t be cleansed as it constantly reapplies, can’t run away from it, can’t use skills.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

So if I’m understanding you correctly Nretep, I need to stick to one weapon until I achieve the full 25 stacks. Then when I switch to another weapon, I can build up another 25 stacks.

It was my experience that even after getting 25 stacks with my staff, when I switched to my GS which had an increaser as well, the buff indicator did not switch out to match with what I had on my GS.

I’m willing to concede that I might be doing it wrong. Do you think you can provide step by step instructions as I’m having trouble understanding what it is you mean.

he’s lying because it does not work this way. just tried this in game

precision on mh, condition on oh = only precision stacks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

Huh? You’re a Mesmer, learn not to get downed in WvW!

Mhm mesmers are good at getting away in WvW but it’s ridiculous to say downed doesn’t happen.

Stopping off to kill 13 mobs for every battle, while maybe not terrible, would still get tedious.
I like the ghost pepper popper idea though

(edited by Marxo.3829)

in Mesmer

Nretep.2564

he’s lying because it does not work this way. just tried this in game

precision on mh, condition on oh = only precision stacks

I didn’t test different stacks. I didn’t think they’re mutal exclusive. Well, that sucks.

But I think you can still use an extra weapon. Like, buy any stat-stack weapon, equip it, stack the kills and unequip it.