Healing Prism Nerf Discussion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Recent change to Mesmer’s Inspiration minor trait:

Mesmer

• Healing Prism: Increased the base healing by 200%. Added a 10-second internal cooldown.

Thoughts?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Obviously they don’t want heal-mers? In seriousness, I’ll again say that the obsession with ICDs that ANet’s side displays ruins the heck out of (potentially) fun things.
Not to mention, but was H. Prism healing for that much? I’ve not personally tested it, but Mesmers don’t typically heal like -say- Elementalists.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

One of those nerfs that just doesn’t make sense.

Feels like Anet just HAS to nerf mesmers. Doesn’t matter if somethings op or not.
Nerf mesmers more!

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

I believe the motivation was things like this in which professions which could provide the mesmer the means to heal itself constantly could thus multiply Healing Prism’s theorized effectiveness to become a very powerful support.

I personally don’t like seeing ICD’s over 5 seconds on non-defensive techniques [like Mirror of Anguish] since it makes active-play somewhat harder when you can’t tell if you’ll proc that one trait or not since the CD isn’t displayed.

At the very least, give us a buff icon to tell us when its up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Hmm I think they intended it to prock with nb 6 skill but it also pricked with shatter heal but its group support can’t see problem in it

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

Obviously they don’t want heal-mers? In seriousness, I’ll again say that the obsession with ICDs that ANet’s side displays ruins the heck out of (potentially) fun things.
Not to mention, but was H. Prism healing for that much? I’ve not personally tested it, but Mesmers don’t typically heal like -say- Elementalists.

simple answer:
it WAS healing for “that much”
with vampiric presence it was getting over 1,000 aoe healing a second from simply spamming Spatial Surge, more if you peirced multiple targets, let alone a full 5
without even having any healing power at all

already made a post about Healing Prism which started to go into a discussion
but there was a hotfix that said it changed vapiric presence to be used from the necromancer as the user, probably for other bugs, but this one as well should have been fixed
it wasn’t
they clearly just added the internal cooldown because they still couldn’t fix it
however, as someone else posted somewhere i don’t remember, it’s not even healing as much as regen does even if you proc it every cooldown, so it’s pretty worthless right now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yeah, I don’t think anyone could make the argument that the vampiric presence interaction wasn’t really broken.

That being said, I’m viewing this as another temporal curtain situation. Something was acting badly, they slap a bandaid onto it, nerfing the skill enormously…and then it’ll never be fixed properly and always be either useless (this trait) or incredibly aggravating (temporal curtain).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krys.1835

Krys.1835

Yea, it heals less than the eles water minor… I thought they were trying to promote active gameplay, yet dozens of other passive healing effects would heal for more? I’m not saying a nerf wasnt need but 10 seconds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I think the nerf ruins the concept of the trait. The cooldown is now approaching “whenever you use your heal skill” levels of restriction, but the output is nowhere near that powerful. (Compare Restorative Mantras) What really confuses me is that this minor had such strong and obvious natural synergy with Restorative Illusions, which it now… Basically doesn’t. Also, Mantra of Recovery was a natural pairing since it heals the mesmer multiple times in one recharge / preparation cycle.

It went from “whenever you heal yourself” to “every 10 seconds, if you’re healing yourself frequently” and lost a whole lot of flexibility because of it.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Hmmm. Then it would logically behoove them to fix the broken interaction, not nerf the trait/ability that is only part of the “Big Issue.” At least that makes sense to my own eyes.
Healing Prism … the new Temporal Curtain?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I get why they didn’t want to make it percentage-based, sure (this way it’s useful even if you don’t go 100% healing).

Only now with a 10s ICD it might be equal for everyone, but only insofar that it’s equally rubbish. It went from good for everyone to bad for everyone. I’d have preferred to make it heal for a percentage, making it good for fully healing-centric mesmers (compare engi trait in Inventions!), just not for other specs.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I really liked Healing Prism. It felt like I might survive a CC/spike combo. I’m disappointed that anet undercut it. I can’t help feeling that anet wants mesmer underpowered.

Still, reading the forums, there are a number of people pushing for nerfs and a harder to play class. That’s just totally illogical to me.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Perhaps adding a heal threshold might work which then keeps it unique from the engineer trait. Say whenever you heal yourself for more than 500 or 600 in a single heal allies get healed?

Then we get rid of the ICD and it works with all active healing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kovacs.2518

Kovacs.2518

I really think that it would do the community a lot of good if the DEVS gave an in depth explanation as to why they nerf certain traits / mechanics. I would go as far as to say that we do deserve to understand their reasoning. At the very least it will help people that feel that their class is being nerfed unfairly. The changers to healing prism is a classic example of this, where no one seems to know why it was done and are just speculating – something that is not healthy for any game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

As I said in the other thread, if they wanted to fix it, they could make it similar to the engineer trait: 12% of what you heal yourself will go to your allies. You could even rework the number since it’s a minor, make it 10% or 8%, but that works, scales well up/down and apparently is not OP since it has not ben nerfed in the same patch.

The current version is completely useless, far worse than any of the other support traits in game.

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

Indeed. Has this been added to our list of over-nerfs along with staff? The current implication not only makes the trait boring, where it can’t be any stronger than it is via synergy [though it can get mush weaker…].

in Mesmer

Posted by: thetarot.8246

thetarot.8246

Just tag a internal cooldown of 1 or 2 seconds on it, and it’s fine. Then it’ll be ‘on par’ with Soothing Mist and Virtue of Resolve’s healing.

While still keeping the Mesmer motto of ‘Doing 3 times the effort for the same result.’
The radius of the effect is MUCH SMALLER than the above mentioned skills too.

As it stands with it’s ICD it makes it a useless, forgotten, random proc trait that’s essentially ‘Sigil of Water’ on our attacks. Only I think that actually has a larger area, and a shorter cooldown, and probably scales better with healing power.

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

Just tag a internal cooldown of 1 or 2 seconds on it, and it’s fine. Then it’ll be ‘on par’ with Soothing Mist and Virtue of Resolve’s healing.

While still keeping the Mesmer motto of ‘Doing 3 times the effort for the same result.’
The radius of the effect is MUCH SMALLER than the above mentioned skills too.

As it stands with it’s ICD it makes it a useless, forgotten, random proc trait that’s essentially ‘Sigil of Water’ on our attacks. Only I think that actually has a larger area, and a shorter cooldown, and probably scales better with healing power.

^^ I support this.