[Help] PVE Power Mesmer Shattered Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: lukituti.4075

lukituti.4075

Hello people,

Well, first thing first, English is not my mother tongue so I apologize for the many mistakes you will be able to find in this post.

To introduce a bit the subject :

I am a player who used to play a lot Guardian and Necromancer (along with their respective elite specs) and I have always been interested by the gameplay of the mesmer. That is why I created one long ago and played with it a lot. But I was really frustrated at the same time.

What I want to achieve with my mesmer is to pop at the speed of light my clones and then to blow them on my ennemies’ face. All of this with a power aspect and not a condi one. And from what I have heard and read in this forum is that the most efficient way to kill my foes is to let my phantasm alive as long as possible which is kind opposite to what I am looking for.

So to sum up, does a pve power build for mesmer exist in which the purpose is to blow your illusions at the opponents’ faces and to re-create them fast? If possible, I would really like to use the chronomancer line since I really love the new mechanic and the wells.

I am in your hand, you, expert of mesmerizing!

Thank you for your help :-)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsdWnsICtfidqBeoBEgilVjqcDGhAo+Yf2pFdLqurD-TxRBABLcEAe4BAAwpAAP9BUq+jZKBva/R5HpA0TZE-e

This will work pretty well against trash mobs. You can easily change the weapons up, but I highly recommend Sword + Focus to clump enemies and then cleave them down (while shattering). Staff is for extra mobility, easy clone gen, and a little bit of AoE. Sometimes I like to use Greatsword instead, but that’s up to you. Most people will tell you to run another offhand so you have 2 sword sets, and that’s fine, too. This build will not work very well against enemies stronger than Elites, and will struggle slightly with Elites. It is not recommended for group play, either.

in Mesmer

Posted by: lukituti.4075

lukituti.4075

Thanks a lot for your help !

I ended up seeing this post with the following build that seems to correspond to what I am looking for (
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAse7clknhG1YHawMNwsGLPH1ZBEAHW9geoLK6E0YHAA-TlSEQB9T9nxt/ATUawGtCA4IA8HlgH4hAkHdBNUZ2/OBABAQAuZd2m1Zw6Vv6Vv6VP7cn7cn7cnlCYrhWA-w)

I will try to find a mix between the 2 :-)