Help With (WvWvW)Condition Meta

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mice.8921

Mice.8921

So I’ve played mesmer for a long time – its my main- however I recently took a month break over the summer. Now I’m returning, and I’ve started play my mesmer again, however, I run a staff/shatter build focusing on knights/cavaliers for high toughness. When I left WvWvW had a fairly power focused meta and this build worked incredibly well. However, I’ve returned, and it seems that the new “it” playstyle is condi burst – with burst condition necros crawling out of every nook and cranny. What am I supposed to do against this? When roaming I can at best get one condi removal onto my bar (I usually carry blink and decoy + a condi removal)… but that doesn’t let me do anything vs a necro condi burst…

What do I do???

Thanks

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Mesmer’s currently have the short end of the stick in the current condition heavy meta.

However check out Osicat’s Shatter Heavy 3.0 build which I have been playing with decent success. It uses Hoelbrak runes (-20% condition/stun duration) and food (-40% condition/stun) for a total -60% reduction all the while stacking Might via interrupts (Bountiful Interruption) which then can be shared to your group (Signet of Inspiration).

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Mice.8921

@tetrodoxin – I’m afraid mesmer condition doesn’t appeal to me, thanks anyway…

@Xavi – I’ll do that, thanks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

I usually will kite around and toy with a necro until he blows his signet of spite. Once that happends i blow all my condition removal and moa him.

Yes i use moa right now because this condition meta is BS. So screw it

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

Use a stealth build. One benefit of doing so forces the necro to guess where his marks should go.

If you aren’t zerging or hitting towers then I’d suggest using a condition build as well.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

OP, you mentioned you’re running staff, but how about the other weapon set? If you run sw/f, use the light combo finisher with temporal curtain/iWarden. The AoE condition cleanse is amazing vs necros. Just keep the warden up and be near him when he whirls. Obviously the curtain doesn’t last that long but if you keep the warden up, wherever he is when the curtain is off CD, plant it on him (or just spawn a new one). It takes a bit of discipline but it’s one of the best condition cleanses mesmers have at out disposal (untraited) every 25 seconds and (traited) every 20 seconds. The same can be done with the duelist shooting through it.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Mice.8921

@Rinzler – my server just got put against JQ and Blackgate – I might try moa too
@Helios – don’t have the gear for condi atm
@skcamow – ah yes, sorry, forgot to mention other set. I usually run S/F and Staff is by far my favorite weapon combination for WvWvW… I knew about the combo but never thought to use it, haven’t ever tried to beat a condition focused meta so I’ve never really seen the use for it, I can imagine its good now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

@Rinzler – my server just got put against JQ and Blackgate – I might try moa too

Ah… hello Fort Aspenwood.

Stealth stealth stealth (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prismatic_Understanding)… there’s simply no better weapon in wvw. If you enjoy Staff + Sw/Focus then perhaps try a 0/20/30/20/0 build. That said, and as much as I like the focus, iWarden is probably the worst phantasm for wvw and Into the Void pull is weaker now.

I currently run a GS power build in wvw. I’ve yet to change that simply due to the crazy numbers iZerker puts out verse a zerg. I will waylay a 20man zerg by myself occasionally a few seconds before they engage a friendly zerg because I can. MI, approach from an angle, drop null field, zerker, iWave, prestige, dump clones into them for DD, frenzy, and Decoy to (possibly) get away.

But why flank them solo when you can stealth-flank with your whole zerg?

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

(edited by Helios.3598)

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Stealth has been very helpful for me. I’m using a 20/20/30 power build with greatsword and scepter/pistol.

Besides decoy and mass invis, I’m putting veil on my bar (along with null field). The cooldown is so painfully slow, but it’s nice to have another stealth option. And a traited duelist shooting through it can remove 8 conditions (plus you have magic bullet and mirror blade to shoot through it to remove conditions).

It really does seem like you can get an incredible number of conditions stacked on you very quickly in WvW fights now.

in Mesmer

Mice.8921

@eldenbri – does pistol shots through veil remove them from you or the phantasm? How do you escape people if you odn’t have blink?

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

@mice – the duelist definitely removes conditions from you. It takes practice to position yourself – you want to be basically in the line of fire and close to the Veil. You must have the trait to get the 100% condition removal effect on each shot through the viel

And basically, the bottom line is that I don’t usually run away. I don’t run quickly (I swap in focus out of my inventory to move faster – I’ll get Traveler runes someday), and I’m actually more inclined to stay and fight. I feel like I should win every 1v1 battle (I don’t always – there are better players) and I feel comfortable trying a 1v2.

In terms of escaping if the fight is pointless, it basically comes down to whether I’ve left myself enough stealth skills. This is the build I’m using right now http://bit.ly/1e71SAv If I have multiple stealth abilities left, I feel like I should be able to get enough distance. Otherwise, I’m just gonna die

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

Hey as someone who has used this phantasm a lot I can;t speak highly enough of iDisenchanter, if you have Illusionary Elasticity he is even better. Necroes do next to nothing against me since he is only on a 20 second cd (Thats if you don’t have any of the illusion cd reductions.) Try him out, he is a blast.