Help me decide on gear for my mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’m running a 20/20/15/15 build (greatsword/scepter (or sword)+pistol) and mainly WvWvW. Atm I’m using a mix of Knights + Valk gear and will be upgrading to exotics. I was thinking about adding on some more damage with berserker jewelry instead of some of the Valk as exotic runes of divinity will help me keep up my toughness and hp (I like being a bit tanky).

Am I on the right track? Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated before I invest. Thanks

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artemeas.8763

Artemeas.8763

I personally I am not such a fan of hybrid trait build, and suggest deciding on what oyu wan to achieve, Personally I like to hit hard aned kill people and do tricky things. So my build is 30/30/whatever for last 10pts, and I go full berserkers (or magic find with best pwoer precision stats).

I reccommend 30 at least in dueling as deceptive evasion is ridiculous, and then you want to get as much power as possible as your crit chance adn increased crit are quite good.

You dont need to worry about survivability as much as some classes as you have 1200 range (depending on weapons) and many many tricky get out of jail abilities.

Also with this build you can run harmonius mantras with mantra of pain (which crits) and you can burst people down real easy.

Fights in WvWvW (so long as not zerging) go something like create clone, dodge creaste clone, dodge create clone, crit gain vigor, pop clones, mantra of pain, dodge create clone, dodge create clones, mantra of pain them,……they should be dead by now.

Also the mass swiftness field ulti is as broken as all kitten in WvWvW, and shines when you are in Gank groups as it doulbles the speed of finsihing an enemy.

in Mesmer

Aberrant.6749

^ that was a bit off topic as I was asking about gear… but anyways…

I didn’t find any of the higher dom/dualing traits to be anything i wanted. Deceptive evasion is available at 20. For WvWvW I find mantras to be a waste as you’re not going to be recharging them in the middle of combat (it would be a dps loss) and you find yourself doing long fights vs many quite often in WvWvW.

Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I wield the GS and I am a big fan of the following stat distribution:

Power > 2000
Precision > 1800
Toughness > 1300
Vitality >1250
Condition Dmg > 200
Crit chance > 40%
Crit dmg > 40

Step 1: Shape your traits to your play style
Step 2: Achieve your stat distribution with gear

Personally I’m running a 20/30/0/0/20 trait setup. For armor I use a Valkyrie set slotted with ruby orbs. For jewelry I use Knights slotted with emeralds. The knights/emeralds are nice because the knights primary stat is toughness, but on emeralds it’s precision. Emeralds are the only jewel that has precision as primary stat when slotted.

My GS is a zerk with a sigil of fire (I’m mixed on the sigil).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

If your going from pure dmg (not cond. dmg), get +crit dmg% as last resort and focus more on crit% chance and dmg%.

crit% chance is about 25% better than dmg% while dmg% is about 4x better than +crit. dmg%

Funny how everyone spends money on bloodlust sigil , paying 2g for it, rather than the cheap Accuracy sigil when the precision version is actually better in 90% of situations. Nobody does their math.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ziggy.7319

Ziggy.7319

Magic find gear, then w/e you want

in Mesmer

Aberrant.6749

Thank you all for your suggestions, they helped me a TON

Tarnished Coast