Help me with a zerg build ^^

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

Hi guys,
i’m Mijo, mesmer solo roamer from Ring Of Fire.
In the last 10 days my guild asked me to join them during the evenings for the guild wvw.
I tried some different traits, but i think you guys could help me creating a decent build.
I actually have only 1 set of armor/weapon/trinkets, and is full carrion, of course is not the best for wvw, i’ll probably create a soldier one if i’ll stay with my mesmer in wvw.
I’m using this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgQQNAsdWlknpUtFrxVNUrNSYSRwR+pHMH6LHlCrXdA-w
I’m the only mesmer in the group, so i gotta stay with the classic veil+nullfield.
The other option i have is to log out my mesmer during guild wvw, and logging in my bunker ele or warrior.
Gimme suggestions! ^^

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

While you’re using carrion I’d go with 0/0/25(V,X)/25(II, VII)/20(VI, IX) and replace the sword with a scepter for access to torment and confusion to bolster your warlock a wee bit. Since you’re probably going to be at range for most of the time you’re in WvW the sword goes abit unused (since you’re in a group) thus causing it to lose abit of value. Granted this will cause you to lose an immobilize so it wont help you with solo roams.

Dependant on the size of your group I’d consider dropping feedback for the portal aswell.. if the group is large enough.

Considering you’re planning on replacing the carrion gear you’re going to want a completely different build once you get to that point tho.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Pyroatheist has a great zerg build which can also be a great commander build. Here’s what he posted on one of my threads, I was asking for a commander build (hince the talk about commanders) but it works very well when it comes to damage. My friend used it, massive AOE burning and very survivable.
“So here’s my Mesmer build that I think is most suited for commanding: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Guide-Build-The-Zergmower
The things that you mentioned in your post, such as mantra utilities, signet of inspiration, and other things, are all fantastic things that Mesmer can do. However, you’re talking about a commander build, and that’s a different story.
As a commander, your job description is very specific. You need to not die, be able to lead charges straight into and through an enemy group, and provide a strong point of reference for your group to follow.
The last bit basically means no blinks. A commander isn’t easy to follow if they’re blinking around the battlefield. Not dying and leading charges means that you need hefty defense and preferably some access to stability.
My Zergmower build uses full dire gear to gain strong inherent defense, and uses the stability mantra in conjunction with mimic to allow for breaking through enemy groups without using teleports.”

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

If you have carrion gear, I’d go for a glamour mesmer build until 15th April. You’ll be able to tag easily and learn how mesmer works in raids:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgQQNAsdWlknpUtFrxVNUrRSYSRwR+JFMf5oKYdSKKNqB-w

After 15th April, we’ll have a GM Dueling trait that will bring us distortion when killing an enemy, so that will put a frontline shatter build the best, and we’ll be able to use more offensive stats.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgQQNAsdRlknpUtFrxMNUrNig6h1BefHpCtWpH82FCAA-w

About power gear, I recommend you to do a mix of soldier, cavalier, knight and valkyrie to have a more balanced stats. toughness is much more important than vitality, cause conditions are cleaned a lot. With full soldier gear you have a medium amount of tougnhess and more vitality than you need.

As an example, I run with 2500 armor and 17,5k of base health.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

Honestly I have been wondering the same thing. I might just try full PVT, dual swords, healing mantras and run veil, stability and condi clear mantra. Stick right on the commander like a melee.

Edit: tried it don’t do this

(edited by quercus.9261)