Help with New Mesmer

Help with New Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Genocide.1524

Genocide.1524

Just hit 80 the other day on my Mesmer , went out and bought 5 of 6 , of the Exotic Karma Armageddon armor of Balthazar and have named Cloth shoulder exotic ..

Was going for a Condition dmg build w/ staff as the main focus.. Didn’t realize that not all the Armageddon armor of Balthazar had condition dmg on it and the Balthazar runes added power instead of condition dmg..

Have mid 70th lvl condition dmg accessories (haven’t had a chance to upgrade them) Condition dmg staff..

While solo pve map completion this build worked ok w/o to much effort can solo like 4-5 mobs ..

Spend 90% of my time in WvW , most time follow the zerg around , but once in a while do like doing supply camp runs..

This is my current build , using GS and Staff

<a href=“http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mzmz0c0MzMnbaoMnbaoafp0GcMVack08070V7kG57kIN7kG570c”>10/15/25/0/20</a>

So want thoughts on this , what kind of build would work for power / condition? I seem to be able to keep 9-10 stacks of bleed on my target w/o much issue or much micro managing in PvE.

I have an old out dated PC so in the ZvZ fights in WvW, I get 1 fps , so melee wpns are really outta the question.. I like the scepter and the focus , but feel kinda kitten when using them.. The focus 5 skill is great to toss in middle of a zerg but after it’s first flurry ppl have moved out of it’s range.. Was seeing the GS , iZerger doing ~ 1.2k – 1.4k on equal lvl mobs (haven’t tried this out in WvW yet)

I read stacking power and condition dmg isn’t really good to do.. Love the additional bounce that 20 in illusion gives , so using the Staff and GS seems to work well with this trait.

Wpns I using the Mystic Greatsword (Zerker stats) , and Staff , is an exotic one with Toughness Percission and Cond dmg. (no rune in this one yet).

Now I do have 6 Sup Undead rune in my bank , is it worth re-runeing the Balthazar gear w/ undead runes , or should I try and replace the few pieces of armor that has power w/condition dmg armor then add the undead runes in.

Want to be able to dish out a decent amount of dmg but don’t wanna be a glass cannon , want survivability as well , is there such a thing as that?

Thanks for your comments!

Help with New Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

@Genocide, I Play a condition dmg hybrid whith superb survival and good zerg fighting abilitys. Hvent found alot of weakness in it yet, easy to swap in a GS when needed aswell.

In general you want to gear more for diect dmg and less for condition as a mesmer, the condition is good but as it look now its better as a bonus and preassure and let the direct dmg be your core dmg.

This is the build I use atm who remind most of what you ask for:

can be found in my guide.