Help with Runes and Sigils.

in Mesmer

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Hello Fellow Mesmers, i just came back to my favored toon after months, with the changes, im in doubt in what to use as Runes, i dont have the gold to afford Traveler, so i was thinking Rune of Speed ????

Same with Armor, i can’t puchase Sentinel, so i think i’ll go for Soldier.

And the Sigils, my build is all mantra focused survivor, i use GS and Sw/pistol.

What should i go for? currently is Battle on GS, Bloodlust on Sw and Hydromancy on Pistol.

Criticise pls.

build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAR8al4zSpHSzmGb9IhJF923nUAdnT6hqT9qB

(edited by pupi.2465)

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

You need to specify what type of content (WvW, PvE open world, dungeons, etc.) you want to play.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

As mentioned, might want to tell us what your build is for. Pve it’s full berserker’s. Soldier sounds more like wvw. Pvp there are a lot of different builds and gear swapping is very easy, so experiment.

As far as sigils, if in doubt go for Superior Sigil of Energy with mesmer. Will work wonders if combined with Deceptive Evasion. On that note, you might want to consider using something else besides x/pistol with no points in Dueling since a big part of that phantasms damage comes from bleeds of off crits (which you miss out on with 0 in Dueling).

For runes, if you lack the gold for Travelers, many people go for Centaur and use Mirror as heal (there are other ways of triggering it too, i personally just run traveler’s). Other useful Runes are Melandru or Dwayna (can’t remember atm if dwayna proced on mantra heals, i think it did). A very cheap condition damage rune is Undead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Yes, this is for wvw.

I see Cyninja, i already tested Sw/scepter, Sw/torch on Spvp, and personally, i did better with the pistol because of the interrupt, i know the Duellist could do more dmg with points in Duelling, but it servers as a distraction too :P

The only bad thing not weaing Traveler or Speed, is the +25 movement, i think id doesnt worth any other like centaur, what you think?