Highest BURST Made by this Mesmer! 17k one shot ^^ Whats yours?!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winterfell.8915

Winterfell.8915

Was doing ome tournaments yesterday, tried new runes and sigils.. Well outcome is:

Blurried Frenzy: 6624
Shatters: 2700 for each x 4 = 10800

Power to the mesmers!!!

Whats your highest crit?!

Had only 10 stacks from mine sigil of bloodlust, means I can do more dmg?!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Nice film

I often got my highest burst when I started with staff, got Iwarlock up and 2 clines from illusion, off to sword, I warlock crit+ blurred f + 4 x sthatters folowed by a fast confusionnshatter. Not sure on exact numbers but as its fun to look at I will try and se if i can catch some on film.

Had a 3+ mind wrack / clone on a vurnable stacked elementalist yesterday but was not soloing him and last did hit when he was already downstate.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

What build/runes/sigils and armor/jewelery do you use to get that type of damage?

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

The light armor targets are going to take more damage — especially if they are not traited for toughness at all. The big dmg was against another mesmer — so it may be against the squishiest possible target you could find.

Side note: As a memser you should have used some skills after you were moa’d. At least you ran around a bit rather than standing still.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Oh, that explains a bit. I’m too used to focusing on whats occurring against heavier targets, as they tend to stay and be more of a threat…

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

in Mesmer

Winterfell.8915

The light armor targets are going to take more damage — especially if they are not traited for toughness at all. The big dmg was against another mesmer — so it may be against the squishiest possible target you could find.

Side note: As a memser you should have used some skills after you were moa’d. At least you ran around a bit rather than standing still.

Yeh, it isnt that much of a diff.. with light/medium/heavy. But true on the thoughness, it doesnt matter, light/medium/heavy timed right with the good crits they can all go down with blurried and Shatter (without toughness). Its just vs glasscanon ^^ Wont see that on a mesmer with full toughness.

Yeh, I still dont know what skill the moa gives, tried to google it. But couldnt find it, and when ingame, I just wanna pvp:P

in Mesmer

Winterfell.8915

Tested it, peck schrees etc for 198 dmg.. I chose run and dodge nothing more nothing less:P

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

We should use that video to show you didn’t die while moa’d lol — since that’s the common gripe about moa (it’s insta-kill in the mind of some folks).

Not only did you survive moa, but you killed the mesmer afterwards… of course your a mesmer so it’s just OP against OP

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: grimmson.9154

grimmson.9154

yeah and those people that claim moa is instagip use moa skills.
using skills while moa’d is one of the stupiest things you can do in pvp.

running and dodgeing (read: run faster) will get you safe 98% of the time.

on topic: shatters are fun

in Mesmer

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

wow.

I just watched this and then ran into this guy 2 seconds later

Un-kitten-believable.

I appluade your skillz sir, but your arrogant.

Sucks I can’t develop PvP mesmer skills on level with my actual skill playing mesmer. sighs

I, for one, wish rank was per character.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saphrya.4762

Saphrya.4762

What build are you using. Runes/sigils would be great too. Granted I could never be as great as you, but we can try :-)

in Mesmer

Winterfell.8915

Im not arrogant ^^ Its just, war, battlegrounds sometimes makes you a diff person:P
On mine mesmer, mine playstyle is, be faster and think faster than foe (trying). Standing still and you could get caught up in a burst.

Runes: Divinty
Sigils: Battle + 5% dmg
On staff: Bloodlust, try to swap to staff when your stomping someone to get the stack

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cempa.3645

Cempa.3645

Wait until you go up against a 2xxx Toughness Mesmer running S/P or S/S.

in Mesmer

Winterfell.8915

Runned against, many mesmers in yesterdays tournament ^^. Phantasm Defender is one of the hardest build to defeat kittenter in a big environment, or else you just shatter all phantasm ^^ (thing is, 90% of all teams got a mesmer) Always defending points btw, or they are on the treb. I always go for base, or attack treb. I cant defend (wont^^), I like the action! I see 2/3 ppl, ofc I know 90% chance I can die! But I survive for some time. And bought some time for our team, so I always cross mesmers:P Treb down, I see a portal, waiting few secs ohh portal gives shiny light lets put a chaos armor)

Runned up against Bunker Guardians, sometimes it takes some time, sometimes when daze is timed its over fast.

Toughness, gives lesser dmg for burried frenzy maybe 3,5k instead still high, with shatters, and iduelist on it, but if its really though switch to staff to get him to 50% (condition) and than burst. (runned up against many players btw, thoughness, defenders, glasscanons name it, im only doing sPvP) ^^

I love the Mesmer, I love Duels!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elyk.3947

Elyk.3947

Very nice video. I’ve run into similar mezmers before.

in Mesmer

Posted by: shiNn.2571

shiNn.2571

so u stomped random ppl who runs crapbuilds+berserkeramulett.
its their fault run with berserker amu arround.
yeah its highdmg vs squishys. but after this burst u have a long recharge time and u’re squishy as hell too
btw is this spec old. funny to play but imo useless in teamfights.
just my 2 cents

Mighty Shinn
Jealous Much [JM]

in Mesmer

Winterfell.8915

yeah its highdmg vs squishys. but after this burst u have a long recharge time and u’re squishy as hell too
just my 2 cents

Ohh tell me why is it useless?^^ You say A, say also B.

Every build is old isnt it -_- After the burst im idd squishys, luckly for me I got decoy, stun removers, stuns, blink, confuse, distortion Diviersion.

In team fights it shines btw, specialy, blurried frenzy which aoe, together with shatter.

Edit: It where all tournys ^^

in Mesmer

Posted by: kabaal.1832

kabaal.1832

I’m not a fan of all outshatter builds but it is fun to jump in sPvP and focus thieves for the match while running one once in a while. They really don’t like being burst like that over and over.

in Mesmer

Posted by: shiNn.2571

shiNn.2571

Winterfell, sry. I may described the situation false.
I’m Mesmer by myself. I know your build.
You have to use mirror images for your burst (1stunbreak wasted).
Decoy of course stealths you. BUT good players know stealth dont avoid dmg. If u’re rooted in Stealth they can skill burst ur kitten of.(yy u can still teleport but sometime you have to use teleport to shatter propper)
And by the way the enemys doesnt seem realy strong. we all know stomping in random tournaments isn’t that hard.
After your burst u cant deal propper dmg till cd is ready again. Yeah your BF hits hard but then u have to survive 8-10seconds.
If you are doing solocaptures etc this is pretty good but you’re useless in teamfigths vs e.g. healele/pointdefferguard/tankranger. But this is my opinion.
I don’t say it’s useless. no, its really strong thats true.
The point is the boonremove on shatter. tankyclasses by itself has problems( i said problems, not no chance!!!) because healele needs his buff and a pointdefferguard also.
Many say nerf MW after seeing the video because the are kitten I say: just rework remove on shatter. Its too strong.

Gl&HF in further games and i hope we’ll meet us ingame. Then i can show u an other side of the mesmer

Mighty Shinn
Jealous Much [JM]

in Mesmer

Winterfell.8915

Never said decoy avoid dmg, it confuse the player, player cant put conditions, its not decoy and stand at the foe, that he still can hit you ^^

Got more videos, will upload some more later tonight or 2morrow from yesterdays tourneys. were some good players in it. At 15:40 (of this tpic video) you see us(3) vs 5, of them, you make it sound, like BF, and wait 8 sec (doing nothing) Use magic bullet, use Iduelist, swap weapon.

@ 12:30 you ment that for teleport and shatter? -_-

Every build is strong when played right! Every build got his own purpose. And yeh im Solo capping btw ^^

I hope I meet you ingame, aslong it isnt the lame Phantasm Defender:P

(edited by Winterfell.8915)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kalar Meadia.8439

Kalar Meadia.8439

I happen to like my Phantasmal Defender, but that’s not what’s beating a shatter build.

It’s just recognizing a shatter build when I see one and when to blow my own defensive cooldowns.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Poplik.8697

Poplik.8697

just my 2 cents

why is everyone so negative, long recharge? 15 sec on shatter is longest, unless you go under 50% health, everything else is lower

(edited by Poplik.8697)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nande.6810

Nande.6810

New 100 blades! :P Nice play and good build.
Blurried Frenzy so annoying, cant even interrupt the ability. Sigh.

The Bleed thief (d/d & p/p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKHdpbyNpVU
oGt

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Is it possible to replicate this in PvE?

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rhyno.7084

Rhyno.7084

No point to replicate it in PvE.

This is almost the exact build I used to use in PvE, it’s good but far from the best.

I didn’t think it was the best in PvP either but now I’m going to re-examine it. I ran it while I wasn’t very skilled, it’s clearly better than I thought. That’s some really impressive burst. I was also running with condition damage which was an error.

in Mesmer

Posted by: lollie.5816

lollie.5816

Can’t do this damage now anyway – they fixed divinity runes so the bugged crit damage is now back to what it should be.

Runes: Divinty

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Y Lole, cause the burst is now… 6% less thats awfull, if he crited al attacks that would give only 16k~ instead off 17k, that like nothing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Killua.8041

Killua.8041

I did 87k crit with my sword one, but it was on a critter. :P

O Killua O – Asura Mesmer | Killuas – Asura Engineer
Bookah Protector – Asura Guardian | Trapped Spirit – Asura Necromancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: CeCaKonVeu.5734

CeCaKonVeu.5734

Maybe out of topic, slightly, but …

There is a heart quest in NW corner of 70-80 map or maybe the 60-70 map right before not so sure anymore …

Well anyway, this heart quest gives you some kind of rocket launcher and u have to kill mobs around…
This rocket launcher was dealing insane damage compared to my usual weapons (almost made me make an engineer hehe)

So I shot a couple critters … 137.092 critical dmg

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Winterfell.8915

Nice dmg guys!! ^^

I ment for sPvP

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

The point is the boonremove on shatter. tankyclasses by itself has problems( i said problems, not no chance!!!) because healele needs his buff and a pointdefferguard also.
Many say nerf MW after seeing the video because the are kitten I say: just rework remove on shatter. Its too strong.

Yes, god forbid someone would put a dent into the constant protection/regen/swiftness spam of ele.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoner.1765

Zoner.1765

I built a 10/30/0/0/30 in the mists with pure glass canon gear and on the real low armor golem the best i could manage was around 4×1020 damage with a 212% crit multiplier and a 60% crit rate. Each hit from the shatter crits on independently own so getting all 4 is somewhat rare. I could have probably pumped the damage up a little higher with 4 mantras instead of two.

I do believe people forget our auto attack damage is horrifically low. Low armor scepter is 550-550-775 (before crits) and the sword isn’t much higher (but is a faster attack cycle).

in Mesmer

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

@CeCa

I once did 660,000 damage in one hit.

Got my master of overkill