How do i kill mesmers?

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

I wanna kill them, i hate mesmers with a passion.

How do i even fight them? How do i counter?

How do i escape of being transformed into a moa while they are invisible and lose 80% of my HP in 2 seconds?

Please, help me understand how to fight mesmers as a warrior and guardian.

Thank you.

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Cleave everything in sight.

Someone else can type the long answer.

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

How do i escape of being transformed into a moa while they are invisible and lose 80% of my HP in 2 seconds?

Thank you.

I get off work in a few hours OP if you want to duel some on your guardian. ( about 7:30 cst) I would recommend making a mesmer. Learning how to fight with it. Then making a build to fight against it. You can only learn so much by slamming your head against the wall

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

@Prism
I’ve been seeing a lot of complaints about shatter builds that grab PU, and instagib hapless noobs all the day long.

I believe him when he says he loses 80% of his hp in 2 seconds, especially if he got moaed, and didn’t know how to deal. If he’s playing a glass cannon guardian, it’ll be even worse, a good shattersmer could maybe 100-0 him in 2s right out of stealth.

OP’s post was disrespectful, which I’m sure is why the reactions have been negative, but I believe his claims, and his need.
And frankly, until all this hubub dies down, we need to be willing to deliver good advice about countering mesmers.

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Regarding Moa – if you get hit with it, learn how to use the skills.

At the very least make good use of positioning with #5 and dodging to buy survival time. As soon as it ends you know the mesmer has just lost their ace card and you’re free to kitten them up.

Also if they have moa and are using stealth, you know they’ve only got Torch and Decoy (because not many use veil outside of wvw groups) so watch out for the cooldowns and know that the stealth is limited.

I sympathise if the mesmer is using PU – it’s horrible to fight against at the moment.

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Honestly, if the mesmer Moas you instead of just bursting from stealth, they’ve made an enormous mistake. The moa has a built in evasion/run-away skill that you can use to completely avoid the rest of their burst.

The biggest advice is to learn the moa skills. The mesmer npc in the mists will cast moa on you, so you can use that to learn them.

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Ty for the responses and no, i was not offensive/aggressive at all, i don’t know why you said that, don’t try to create something that didn’t happened.
I can’t say troll without being censored? What kind of rule is that?

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prism.5649

Prism.5649

Ty for the responses and no, i was not offensive/aggressive at all, i don’t know why you said that, don’t try to create something that didn’t happened.

It’s a really stupid censorship, especially seeing as I actually posted a wall of text on things you should do/watch out for when it comes to mesmers. But I guess since I was responding to your post that was deleted, my entire response was also deleted.

Way to go moderators, you really deserve a pat on the back… -_-;

Prismatic Storm: Ele
Prismatic Science: Engi
Prismatic Dream: Mesmer

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

It’s a really stupid censorship, especially seeing as I actually posted a wall of text on things you should do/watch out for when it comes to mesmers. But I guess since I was responding to your post that was deleted, my entire response was also deleted.

Way to go moderators, you really deserve a pat on the back… -_-;

Hehehehe Im with you. Mine got deleted too. Granted it wasnt a wall of text but still had a decent advice…

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

Aoe clones, have the mesmer use a couple of dodges/invis, then Rampage. A mesmer is the weakest after a burst, instead of healing up/kiting, go on the offensive after the mesmer mind wracks with hard hitting attacks.

A mesmer generally needs about 10-15 seconds to setup a burst. If the mesmer has lots of clones/illusions up then expect a burst. When they are running towards you and they bring their greatword up in the air, expect a stun/burst combo so use dodge then.

Lots of mesmers use mantras so pay attention to their charges. Once they are used up the mesmer will probably try to charge them up. Press the attack then and try to interrupt/prevent the mesmer from charging them.

If the fight is going badly, run away and come back after you’ve healed up.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Thank you.

Poor thing. Just run.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Thank you.

I assume this is about sPVP or WvW roaming, since the topic as a whole is a bit irrelevant to large scale battles.

I do well on my guard vs mesmers running a bunker / condi / burn build. Run scepter + focus and whatever else floats your boat for your other weapon. I like sword + torch. Don’t build squishy, if you do, you are as good as dead, period. For your build, dont pick traits that rely on teammates being near you, for example Altruistic Healing, because they are a waste, nearly ineffective in 1 vs 1. If SPVP make sure you use an amulet with vitality on it, no matter what you run, again without it, you will go down very fast. As a guard you have to compensate for ultra low HP. Do not pick any traits or utility skills on long CDs. You want all the stuff you can spam as often and as much as possible. For sigils run a sigil of purity and sigil of smoldering if you decide to make a burn build. Make sure you are “overkill” on condi cleanse, not hard as a guard, if you think you have too much condi cleanse and lack in other areas, you are mistaken, get more condi cleanse. Run shelter for your healing skill.

OK, most important, you have to learn how to tell a mesmer apart from clones. Phantasms are easy, they are the “whitish” things. Clones are a bit harder. How to do it ?

Watch movement, clones will only move in “dumb” trajectories.
Watch the HP. A hurt mesmer amidst 3 full HP clones is a dead giveaway.
Move rapidly and always, dont stand anywhere for any reason. Also move far and keep cutting LOS, this is extremely important kittenters and illusion creations fail on these sort of obstacles.

This is why I use sword, for sword 2, to help me get back into range quickly. Your playstyle may differ but the above principles still hold true.

As for warriors, I do occasionally get owned by melee AOE warriors that creatively use stance builds. Rest are a cake for me to fight, especially anything with a bow or rifle, cause I like runing feedback. Again, dont be squishy or you’ll just die. Dont run healing signet. The passive does next to nothing vs good bursts. Run a healing skill that will replenish most health on per time basis or remove condis when used actively, and use it.

Losing 80% HP in 2 secs ? That is 100% your fault for building not just squishy but super squishy. What do you expect ? Double that if you play a guard and can pop aegis + prot almost constantly. Even in moa form you cant be bursted that fast. So either you got team tagged or your build is just aweful. If you got team tagged then its fair game, 2 high burst builds will take off 80% of your HP in a few secs flat, not just mesmers, but just about every class combo.

P.S. forgot about Moa. Believe it or not, moa actually has some useful skills on it. On a rare occasion I actually have killed the mesmer that turned me into a moa, though that is rare. It doesnt last that long. You can very quickly and easily get away from fights while in Moa form, come back fully replenished, on guard / war your CDs are much better then the mesmers.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Best advice is make your own mesmer honestly. At first, you probably won’t be really good with it or used to all the different things, which in turn will help you differentiate between a good mesmer and a not-so good one. By doing this and paying attention to how you die most often, you’ll start building up a list of things that often cause you trouble or often kill you.

It also really helps to see all the traits, skills and mechanics from your point of view, makes them easier to remember and notice when they’re being used against you.

Plus you might end up liking mesmer and have a cool new class to play

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

How do i kill mesmers?
Get skill’s & You learn 2 play

How do i kill mesmers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

On your Warrior use Rampage, and on your Guard abuse OP burning stacks (like everyone else is doing). That’s all you need to know for fighting any class currently.