How do you deal with turrets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I play double ranged shatter, I feel it’s the best overall build for solo/teams. However up against a turret engi, I just feel useless. Do I need to change my entire build to constant reflects/interrupts, just to deal with one kitten ed build.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Three options. The first option is to simply let them have fun humping turrets on that point and go do things elsewhere. This is usually the best option. The second option is to bring a friend. If you really need to debunk that engie, you should bring a friend. The third option is to nuke the turrets/engie down from 1200 range with greatsword. The engie can’t really retaliate against you doing that…but it’ll take quite a while.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Three options. The first option is to simply let them have fun humping turrets on that point and go do things elsewhere. This is usually the best option. The second option is to bring a friend. If you really need to debunk that engie, you should bring a friend. The third option is to nuke the turrets/engie down from 1200 range with greatsword. The engie can’t really retaliate against you doing that…but it’ll take quite a while.

So in a conquest gamemode, mesmer as a whole is kittened against turrets? Got it.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

If enemy has one turret engi thats very simple to deal with. Focus on the two points where the engi isn’t. You can still beat a turret engi 1v1 as a mesmer quite easily, but as Pyro mentioned, it does take time. What I do is usually just range with greatsword and put chaos storm on point. If I see an opening to go ahead and burst him, I do so. Most likely I just cast iZerker and shatter him while he’s still running through him and put in a mind stab.

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

It’s been a while since I’ve consistently played power shatter, but there’s not much you can do that’s effective. The match up simply isn’t in your favor. Here are your options:

• Disengage and help your team else where. Time is of the essence. This is your best option.
  • Bring an ally to 2v1 him.
  • Spend 2-4 minutes whittling down the engi’s HP from ranged distance. lol

I don’t think the purpose of a dps shatter is to go around 1v1ing other builds, especially in this meta. It doesn’t help that I honestly don’t think dps shatter is the best dueling build ever to begin with, unless you’re speccing for duels. And if you’re speccing for duels like they do in koth, you’re not speccing for tpvp.

Focus on +1ing fights instead. Leave the 1v1 ganking for thieves. Blow team fights up like you’re supposed to on dps shatter.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Yeah this match up sounds totally in the mesmers favor. When I’m with my normal group, we have no trouble dealing with turret engis. Hell he is usually bursted down within 2s of being on the point because we run two mesmers one CI/BI the other shatter. In soloque, turret engis are the pugstompers, and are just making solo PvP unfun on Engi daily which is way more than it should be.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Just out of curiosity, do you guys deal with turret first or engi first? If turret first then which turret first, second, etc? Decent shatter is able to nuke a turret rather easily, so taking the right order seems quite important in draining the engi (though I understand mesmer will be exhausted doing so as well lol).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Belze Intilie.8436

Belze Intilie.8436

Everytime i read “nuke the turrets down from 1200 range” i had to laugh. Maybe this Build is braindead, but some Engis have a brain and use LoS. If he LoS you have to go near to them or inc the node = means you get hit by turrets = you die in seconds.
If you can kill the Engi from 1200 range and he just facetank everything… ya whatever.
So dont fight them 1v1! 90% of the time ist useless. If you have to 1v1 them. Dps as hard as you can with GS, hope your beserker stays alive use LoS meanwhile. Put up Clones to get more targets for the turrets. After he healed use Chaosstorm and Staff-Clones to Condibomb him, swap to GS nuke him and all the time hope youre not getting chained-CC´d or Imo 4 ever. Most of the time if i have to 1v1 them i just try to knock them away from the turrets, and Moa-Burst them.
Btw. if he has turrets up and crates….RUN!!!!!!!
But ya dont 1v1 em, ist bad =P

Bro Code(x) (Mesmer), Bro Tect (Guard)

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

If you’re double ranged Shatter and have Illusionary Elasticity, then using MIrror Blade does very well against turrets.

We’re not completely helpless against turret Engineers. Just stay ranged, keep putting pressure up, Shatter when you need to, and just making sure you’re using IE to its fullest.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

If you’re double ranged Shatter and have Illusionary Elasticity, then using MIrror Blade does very well against turrets.

We’re not completely helpless against turret Engineers. Just stay ranged, keep putting pressure up, Shatter when you need to, and just making sure you’re using IE to its fullest.

See this is the most annoying thing, the answer is stay ranged. This is conquest no matter how long it takes me to kill him I HAVE to stay at range. They are literally the only build/spec in the game that you have to stay at ranged for the entire flipping fight. And as was already mentioned, if they are smart several points in the game they can LOS you and just force you to get up close and personal. Yeah, turret engis are fine.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

See this is the most annoying thing, the answer is stay ranged. This is conquest no matter how long it takes me to kill him I HAVE to stay at range. They are literally the only build/spec in the game that you have to stay at ranged for the entire flipping fight. And as was already mentioned, if they are smart several points in the game they can LOS you and just force you to get up close and personal. Yeah, turret engis are fine.

You’re double ranged so you put yourself at range. I run shatter but with GS, Sword+Pistol/Focus and stay ranged at first until I see the Engineer blow through their heal and get down the net turret. Then it’s all about getting your phantasms out to keep the pressure on and utilizing iLeap, Shatter, Blurred Frenzy for burst. At that point, most Engineers will use their stun break and run and then pop shield so when you have them on the move, you’re in a great position.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I have a primary build I play, but when I see an engi I pretty much always assume they’re turret and switch to double ranged power shatter. The two best tips have already been mentioned. My team is usually always able to figure out how to leave the engi alone and exploit the 4v5 advantage. Sometimes it doesn’t work but it mostly does. If you’re in any kind of coordinated party (even just one other person), it’s easy to take out.

If you’re solo and want to take it, down the rocket turret quickly as it’s one of their biggest damage threats. This is fairly easy to do at range on GS. The next one in line for me would be the rifle turret but with the rocket out of the way, the fight is much easier. Typically you can kite or dodge the rifle and thumper/net from there and whittle them down in decent time. Kiting just off or even on the fringe of the point in their LoS isn’t that bad with the rocket turret gone. It can also help secure a potential decap.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wile.5024

Wile.5024

If you’re solo and want to take it, down the rocket turret quickly as it’s one of their biggest damage threats.

This is exactly what you should do first if you intend to kill the engi. I usually jump in on the point when it’s down, keep pressure on and interrupt the panic crate which is coming.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

There is NO answer. You are better off leave or call in help for 2 v 1. Ranged works but it takes way too long you are giving them free pts. You can try lure them out but a good player won’t fall for that. LOs works if they placed their rocket or riffle at a bad spot. But most of the time the best move is to just walk away. My 2c.

in Mesmer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

You don’t. You don’t fight them on mes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Just out of curiosity, do you guys deal with turret first or engi first? If turret first then which turret first, second, etc? Decent shatter is able to nuke a turret rather easily, so taking the right order seems quite important in draining the engi (though I understand mesmer will be exhausted doing so as well lol).

Turrets first, take out rocket Turret first always; it has highest dps and range but is squishy.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elspeth Tiriel.9243

Elspeth Tiriel.9243

Easily… There are so many weapons for Mesmer that have bounce skills. Focus the turrets first take out one or even two of them at range before moving in. It is important that you get rid of at least the rocket turret. I think the issues some mesmer complain about is that they ask how to deal with turrets but try to answer it by focusing the engi…

in Mesmer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Easily… There are so many weapons for Mesmer that have bounce skills. Focus the turrets first take out one or even two of them at range before moving in. It is important that you get rid of at least the rocket turret. I think the issues some mesmer complain about is that they ask how to deal with turrets but try to answer it by focusing the engi…

If the mesmer is in range of the rocket+rifle turret combo and the engi is just spamming 1, the mesmer will die before the rocket turret does.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I had some pro footage of how to deal with a turret engie on far from a while back when Chaos-A was asking the same question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HeT2ai9MhqI#t=115

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

With all due respect, I don’t see how you are very… surprised? Turrets are tailor made for conquest it seems, and combine the fact that you’re using double ranged Shatter (the name suggests that this is a ranged spec lol), and it’s obvious why you’d be faced with this situation often.

You don’t have to be a hero and take on the engi 1v1. If you’re playing a Mesmer, your job is to roam with your team. In your case, as power shatter, you shouldn’t be 1v1ing anyone anyway.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Go in with two and bring lots of interrupts. Turreteers are weak to CC. Spamming cc lets the other person land everything, which takes them down pretty quick.

IMO the “play the other two points” thing only works if the engi is bunkered on his own home point. If you have to hold far, the opponents’ short respawn walk does a lot to balance that outnumbered fight.

The build definitely needs a nerf though.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Go in with two and bring lots of interrupts. Turreteers are weak to CC. Spamming cc lets the other person land everything, which takes them down pretty quick.

IMO the “play the other two points” thing only works if the engi is bunkered on his own home point. If you have to hold far, the opponents’ short respawn walk does a lot to balance that outnumbered fight.

maybe it’s more like Mersmer needs some major buffs?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

maybe it’s more like Mersmer needs some major buffs?

It’s not like Mesmer is the only class that has difficulties with turret engies. Complaint threads about turret engies are more or less a constant fixture in the pvp forums. Turret engies are simply too strong bunkering.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Mesmers do have the tools to deal with them, but double ranged shatter has none of them available to it :p

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Mesmers do have the tools to deal with them, but double ranged shatter has none of them available to it :p

It’s seriously just getting annoying. Even premades are running double turret engis now. This is making the game less and less fun. Which makes me not want to buy the expac more and more.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Oh just had this little Gem of a game.

Attachments:

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I especially loved those “in the air” turrets bug that these engies have been exploiting:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Five-turret-engis-with-turrets-in-the-air/first#post4947608

And with all these complaints, Anet does nothing. Yet back then when people were crying about Mesmers, they nerf them relatively quick in comparison.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: SpiritualAwakening.5347

SpiritualAwakening.5347

Oh just had this little Gem of a game.

Oh my!!