How do you kill perma stun warrior?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

I seem to have great trouble with them lately considering we only have 1 idiotic stability that lasts even shorter than LHC’s micro blackhole. I try to equip my two other utility with blink and decoy but give them 10 second at most I will be out of all stun breaker including staff#2 and sword#2. Then the idiotic hammer will hit and it’s over.

Any suggestion?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

You dodge the stuns. It’s very simple. A stun warrior works on hammer and/or mace. The hammer stun is ranged, but has a massive animation and is very very easy to dodge or block. The mace stun has no animation to speak of, but requires very close range.

Keep the warrior at range unless you fully intend to close distance and are ready with blurred frenzy or something. If you happen to get hit with one of the stuns, pop a stun breaker and make distance until you are ready to re-engage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

I not minor your question, but to be fair. Warriors, and even stun warriors is probobly one of the classes we mesmer are best to counter. Other classes have TONS of problems with the perma stuns but no other class have the amount of stunbrakers we have. Sword leap, staff 2, blink, decoy etc al brake stun or move us out of it.

Just keep range, kite and you can have a coffie while kill him. Ignore the stability, just kite around while hes have that uff, stealth some, leap some, blink some. kitten soon its off kill him. Not found more than 2 warrior that I had to work to kill in the last 5 months.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Off-hand sword gives you a block that hits back hard, off-hand pistol gives you a stun, mainhand sword gives you blurred frenzy, use illusionary leap, wait a few seconds then teleport to throw them off balance. Blink gives you distance and stunbreaker, decoy is stealth and stunbreaker, mantra is two sstunbreakers, mass invisi gives you 5 seconds of invisibility. Then you have two dodges.

I’ve found it just involves careful management of your resources rather than blowing off multiple stunbreakers and then you can eventually grind them.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

It’s kind of ridiculous that I have to go entirely defensive just to counter a skill that has like what 7-8 second CD? Thx for the feedback anyway, I’ll try those strategies.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

It’s kind of ridiculous that I have to go entirely defensive just to counter a skill that has like what 7-8 second CD? Thx for the feedback anyway, I’ll try those strategies.

Not only that but also more than likely the war is healing 400 hp per second. You need to keep your damage output higher than he is healing, while also being sure to avoid his stun and probable 100b burst.

Because for every second your stunned, his health just keeps going up

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sepahbod.4653

Sepahbod.4653

The bigger issue are the Sword/shield warriors, with the perma immobilize, on the same short CD as the stun warrior, but it lasts longer. Mesmers get out of stuns easy, but immobilize is a bigger issue.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nordic Natedog.4360

Nordic Natedog.4360

Not only that but also more than likely the war is healing 400 hp per second. You need to keep your damage output higher than he is healing, while also being sure to avoid his stun and probable 100b burst.

Because for every second your stunned, his health just keeps going up

I have only met about 2 different warriors who could take me down and those are usually ones I win 60+% of the time. They are simply very good warriors. There are a few warriors who spec well in which I end up in a stalemate (seeing as I’m a condition spec and they are running anti-cond foods, runes, etc). We’ve got so many ways to deal with stuns and even use them to our advantage. Only issues I get is when it’s 3+ foes using stuns that I have trouble dealing with them. In fact I have soloed 2 hammer warriors and it wasn’t even a match (albeit that was before some of the new changes).

Mag (PA)
Figrin the Healer (Guard), Angelic Renae (Mes), Death by Figrin (Thief)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

At 1:40 you can see me using all the tricks Pyro and Osi talked about vs 2 hammer warriors, a guardian, an ele, and something else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ67u0xibjU

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

kite like mad and keep your phantasms up. Cripple works well in this.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Garr.1823

Garr.1823

If it is dueling build 1 vs 1 – almost no chances with usual builds (not 1 vs 1 like phantasm build). Simply he will be to tanky and eternal stun/interrupts with hammer and rampage, and very long stability. The only thing that realy help – arcane thievery, w/o stability and with that long stability on u – fight will be much more easy.
(i was talking about dueling build, with usual hammer warrior – dodging and keeping range with blink and invis – is enough).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Phase Retreat/Blink on their 100swag combo for the lolz. With the amount of stunbreakers mesmers have access to, im surprised a stun war is a problem to some… If you were a nec on the other hand, that would be another story.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

colesy.8490

The problem with running phantasm is that they just tank the hit, walk up to it, kill it and then full focus you until you drop the next one which they tank, kill, and then focus you again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

The problem with running phantasm is that they just tank the hit, walk up to it, kill it and then full focus you until you drop the next one which they tank, kill, and then focus you again.

And what the hell are you doing while he is forced to take down your phantasm?

‘Just tank the hit’… which will do 4k to a warrior with 3k armor… It will take him 10 seconds to recover from that with Healing Signet while your phantasms attack once every ~5 seconds depending on which one.

Come one guys, just facerolling on your keyboard summoning phantasms to roflstomp warriors has been the case long enough… Although staff 2 still completely owns this type of warrior. That’s just one weapon skill.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Mesmer

colesy.8490

Right, so the warrior takes 4k, then 2/3-shots the phantasm (so no second burst) while I get a few hits in with the abysmal sword DPS, I can then use off-hand sword block or magic bullet to take some pressure off (block does nice damage too), and then it’s pretty much kite until phantasms come off cooldown since engaging in combat with a warrior chaining stuns is suicidal.

Plus since phantasms are so easy to anticipate, they can block with shield or pop endure pain, completely blanking the burst.

Now I’ve never claimed to be a good player, but against a half-decent warrior (as in, not one of the QQing scrubs on the forum who are too lazy to learn mesmer animations), the odds seem kind of against us. If they see your clones running at them to shatter, they can use a pseudo-invuln, if they see a phantasm begin its burst they can pop another pseudo-invuln. Now I say pseudo, because obviously things like endure pain and shield don’t work on conditions.

in Mesmer

Nordic Natedog.4360

Right, so the warrior takes 4k, then 2/3-shots the phantasm (so no second burst) while I get a few hits in with the abysmal sword DPS, I can then use off-hand sword block or magic bullet to take some pressure off (block does nice damage too), and then it’s pretty much kite until phantasms come off cooldown since engaging in combat with a warrior chaining stuns is suicidal.

Plus since phantasms are so easy to anticipate, they can block with shield or pop endure pain, completely blanking the burst.

Now I’ve never claimed to be a good player, but against a half-decent warrior (as in, not one of the QQing scrubs on the forum who are too lazy to learn mesmer animations), the odds seem kind of against us. If they see your clones running at them to shatter, they can use a pseudo-invuln, if they see a phantasm begin its burst they can pop another pseudo-invuln. Now I say pseudo, because obviously things like endure pain and shield don’t work on conditions.

There are very very few warriors I have run into who can take me down and those matchups usually have me winning at least 60% of the time and I don’t even run a phantasm build. If you run a solid phantasm build, very few things (especially warriors) even have prayer.

Mag (PA)

in Mesmer

Nordic Natedog.4360

What I learned long ago (back in the GW1 days) is to know you build inside and out. This includes the most important thing about it, knowing it’s weaknesses. As long as you know what the weaknesses are, you can adjust your play when you are against it or change up your build to help compensate. Sometimes just a tweak in a trinket or two can mean all the difference.

Mag (PA)

in Mesmer

Nordic Natedog.4360

One other thing to consider. If you are having trouble against a setup/profession, find some roamers in wvw and ask them for some duels. Most will be happy to do so and they can provide for some great learning experiences.

Mag (PA)

in Mesmer

colesy.8490

There are very very few warriors I have run into who can take me down and those matchups usually have me winning at least 60% of the time and I don’t even run a phantasm build. If you run a solid phantasm build, very few things (especially warriors) even have prayer.

Phantasm builds aren’t even overpowered, they just prey on people who dont pay attention. A warrior who actually pays attention to what you’re doing and is running a stun build makes for one hell of a long fight.

in Mesmer

Nordic Natedog.4360

Phantasm builds aren’t even overpowered, they just prey on people who dont pay attention. A warrior who actually pays attention to what you’re doing and is running a stun build makes for one hell of a long fight.

I run a condition build and warriors fights don’t end up lasting that long one way or another for me. Running a phantasm build in a 1v1 situation is like hitting the easy button. You are acting like it takes a 20+ seconds to take out more than 1 phantasm.

Mag (PA)

in Mesmer

colesy.8490

I already told you, you drop the phantasm, they blank its burst and then kill it. If you’re a phantasm build then at that point you’re just wasting time until your two phantasms go off cooldown.

People need to get this “phantasm is ez mode” thing out of their heads, if players would stop being bad and use their dodge key they would understand how easy it is to deal with their burst.

in Mesmer

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Staff #2 on 6seconds CD. Sword #3 on 10seconds CD: 2 “free” stunbreaks which give you control over the fight.
Coupled with Decoy (32s CD) and Blink (30s CD), the invuln from shatter 4 and the daze from shatter 3, I find really hard to believe you are having troubles with stunlock warriors.
The most important thing you need to learn is how to manage your resources. If you get stunned, wait before using Decoy or Blink, maybe the warrior will not follow up by anything dangerous. Also, save one of the 2 previous utilities in extreme situations, those in which you are having a real hard time and need to catch some breath. If you spam your abilities you will not go far against almost any class.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I already told you, you drop the phantasm, they blank its burst and then kill it. If you’re a phantasm build then at that point you’re just wasting time until your two phantasms go off cooldown.

People need to get this “phantasm is ez mode” thing out of their heads, if players would stop being bad and use their dodge key they would understand how easy it is to deal with their burst.

Nah, not even. Any build a warrior can run is incredibly easy to kill as a phantasm spec.

As you start the fight, you drop 2 phantasms. You have an average phantasm production rate of 1 every 8 seconds past this point. The warrior can choose to pop endure pain or shield stance at the very start of the fight to nullify their burst, but now they’ve wasted their defensive cooldowns. Then the warrior can try to kill a phantasm. By the time the warrior kills 1 phantasm, the other is already attacking again, and does a lot of damage to them. Remember that the swordsman attacks every 3.6 seconds. That is an incredible rate.

Remember that if the warrior is focusing purely on your phantasms, you get to do w/e you want to them. Leap/swaps to keep him from moving properly, magic bullet, confusing images, if he wants to kill those phantasms, he has absolutely no choice but to ignore you.

Ultimately, he will fall behind the pace of damage. He will either stop attacking the phantasms and start chasing you, at which point you just go into full on evasion mode, or he will simply be killing the phantasms too slow and they will build up and kill him. There is simply no way for them to win.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

As long as your not caught with your pants down (Like no c/ds, or 3v1 /gg) stun wars shouldn’t be to much of a problem 1v1 the animation is pretty obvious.

If your in a team fight and getting focused, then back off a little let the others take the brunt of it if your squishy. or have your team focus him down fast if you consider him a priority threat.

if we’re talking hotjoin trains and the other team has like 5 stun warrios just avoid it, you’ll kill 1 maybe 2 before your out of everything including escape options.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Staff 2 6s CD? No wonder I can’t keep you little ADD monkeys in one place for more than 3 seconds at a time… :P

Gates of Madness

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Oh if you are going to duel a warrior you can run clones cripple when they are killed, it’s kinda trolly.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Today I was against two perma stun warriors…. It was a JOKE.

I played support so they could not kill me. But it feels they really wanted me dead… fought with ally for ~3 min, he died, but I could hold them for… 10 min, Then my ally called help… feels they are the new warrior meta…

What they did.

• Daze
  • Stun
  • Immob
  • bleed (6stacks)
  • cripple
  • Tried to dual burst me down (2x 100b)

My support build http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/mesmer/?4.0|c.1g.h2.f.1k.h1f|6.1g.h8|1k.71h.1k.71h.1k.71h.1k.71h.1k.71h.1k.71h|4s.0.1g.67.2s.0.1g.67.1g.67.ci.67|0.a5.u2ac.u29b.0|0.0|31.3b.34.3m.3o|e

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…