How do you like the Zodiac Armor..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

on your phantasms? I really hate it that mesmer phantasms get glitchy when wearing armors that have effects on them. -_- But this one takes the cake in being the worst imho.

Attachments:

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Wow, such testing, many QA

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Geesh, that’s horrendous.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

Oh you should see me summon 3 whirling berserkers. it’s like SAB with larger pixels!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Dont worry, it will get fixed in a year or two. Its only been a year since they introduced this visual bug.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

in Mesmer

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

To be fair, any mesmer with class wouldn’t wear this garbage anyway.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Max Gladius.6930

Max Gladius.6930

Maybe this will get it fixed…

“And I was just about to purchase a set for each of my 8 mesmers from the gem store… guess I will hold off on spending that 6400 gems until it gets addressed”

I recommend all other mesmers do the same!!! We will never get our problems addressed unless we force them to be addressed…

This prolblem started ages ago and has yet to be actually addressed

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

Thanks.. This one really ruins the experience of playing a mesmer.. -_- People mistake my phantasms for video card malfunction now tyvm.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Attachments:

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

For me the blue kills it, that kind of blue just doesn’t go well with purple/pink and I like my mesmer full of purple and pink, if some day Anet makes the skin dyeable, then this set will be perfect

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stal.8754

Stal.8754

Great, something else to add to the list.

Is it me, or do they seem more focussed on just getting stuff out the door, and less worried about making it good quality, or going back and fixing things they break?

As a developer for an enterprise scale organisation, the fact this stuff exists for so long is just shocking.

Naazimber – Mesmer – Ring of Fire [EU]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

zodiac? ugly as hell. now the poor weapon designers invade the armor designers aswell? oh my…

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

That is a poor thing for those who got it to enjoy, for sure.

Me, it has way too much not purple on it, and I wouldn’t want to remove the awesome that is Norn with ms manhattan.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dorkopotamis.1497

Dorkopotamis.1497

I think it looks good on characters who are built to look like statues, because that’s the effect it takes. Like many armors, it looks horrible on really any type of Asura.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

It’s hideous. All of it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

This set had potential … but the blue skin … such a shame it can’t be toggled off … what happens when you combine pieces btw ?!
P.S. nevermind I found a thread with mixes … and it actually looks decent on certain characters.

(edited by Deim Hunir.8503)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

This set had potential … but the blue skin … such a shame it can’t be toggled off … what happens when you combine pieces btw ?!

The parts that are Zodiac show blue skin, other stuff is normal. It’s mostly just weird on the neck, since there’s a “seam” in between the head and neck. Your head will be blue, but not your neck.

It’s similar to the SUPER CREEPY old ladies in Divinity’s Reach with slender young bodies and light skin, then crazy oversized old lady heads with darker skin. Someone had to see that and say “yup that looks good!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

The armor is great, and they will fix the phantasms… someday.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: PandaBear.7510

PandaBear.7510

I audibly lol’d

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

Given how long the bug has existed and how glaringly bad it has become with the introduction of the zodiac set, not to mention how controversial this armor seems to be, I’m hoping they’d fix it now. They haven’t replied to my ticket yet though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

IKR finally! Happy about this! The stealth bug hasn’t been addressed yet though. I hope they fix that next.

Attachments:

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

In this case, I’m more disappointed in you guys than Arenanet. Yes, they let a bug slip but it’s no where near game-crashing. From the amount of whine going on in this thread, you’d swear that it is.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I wouldn’t really use them on my mesmer, but I like them and I think it’s great that ANet is experimenting with new stuff.

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

In this case, I’m more disappointed in you guys than Arenanet. Yes, they let a bug slip but it’s no where near game-crashing. From the amount of whine going on in this thread, you’d swear that it is.

The bug has been around for so long… And you see how bad it got with the zodiac armor. :/ When do we warrant the right to complain then?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Wait, I’m confused… we’re supposed to wait until the game is unplayable and broken before we speak up?

My nonsense-o-meter just pegged.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Crossplay.2067

Wait, I’m confused… we’re supposed to wait until the game is unplayable and broken before we speak up?

Your statement’s ludicrous level of hyperbole is bad enough but Nonsense-o-meter? I’m just going to sigh heavily and move on.

There is an extreme difference between, “Hey Anet, this is broken,” even for the 15th time and… well… this thread. Truth be told, I’m likely going soft on them, for this particular issue at least, because I’ve been in this situation. I once spent 6 hours looking for one misplaced period within few hundred lines of code spread across several modules that caused my program to have 17 bugs yet still run. What really took so long is I didn’t even have the luxury of knowing that it was a period messing everything up.

Now imagine that same scenario but with the offending issue being among millions of lines spread across the hundreds of modules needed for this game to run. Now imagine that fixing it in one section causes a bug 17 other sections. A wise man once told me that programming is 10% coding and 90% debugging. I would usually follow this with, “truer words were never spoken,” but I feel he was being way too generous on coding’s behalf.

But even if we take out the normal stress that comes with the job, we’re still faced with quite a dilemma. If you were in charge quality control and this is how your clientele reacted, would you be motivated to fix bugs?

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Your statement’s ludicrous level of hyperbole is bad enough but Nonsense-o-meter? I’m just going to sigh heavily and move on.

There is an extreme difference between, “Hey Anet, this is broken,” even for the 15th time and… well… this thread. Truth be told, I’m likely going soft on them, for this particular issue at least, because I’ve been in this situation. I once spent 6 hours looking for one misplaced period within few hundred lines of code spread across several modules that caused my program to have 17 bugs yet still run. What really took so long is I didn’t even have the luxury of knowing that it was a period messing everything up.

Now imagine that same scenario but with the offending issue being among millions of lines spread across the hundreds of modules needed for this game to run. Now imagine that fixing it in one section causes a bug 17 other sections. A wise man once told me that programming is 10% coding and 90% debugging. I would usually follow this with, “truer words were never spoken,” but I feel he was being way too generous on coding’s behalf.

But even if we take out the normal stress that comes with the job, we’re still faced with quite a dilemma. If you were in charge quality control and this is how your clientele reacted, would you be motivated to fix bugs?

Yeah, but it’s not like this is an isolated incident. Anet habitually fails to do the most basic bug and quality testing of any content they release. This is something that happens every single release, every 2 weeks. Maybe the time for going soft on them was a year ago, but they’ve long passed that point.

in Mesmer

Crossplay.2067

Yeah, but it’s not like this is an isolated incident. Anet habitually fails to do the most basic bug and quality testing of any content they release. This is something that happens every single release, every 2 weeks. Maybe the time for going soft on them was a year ago, but they’ve long passed that point.

Perhaps I didn’t make my point clear. I mean we should be and less snarky but more critical.

Also, from a programmer’s perspective, bugs are rarely isolated incidents. While I do agree that Anet needs better testing phases, I also know from experience that fixing one bug is likely to cause six more. That’s the nature of the beast.

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

Ok, you seem to be doing some sort of projection to perceive the comments made on this thread as “extreme[ly different]”. The fact that you had to give a supposition of what Anet MIGHT be feeling through your own experience suggests that. -_- This is the internet.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

The ludicrous-ness of the statement was intentional, working as intended.

If my paycheck relied on said clientele being happy with my product (and, therefore, continuing to cough up money), then yep, I would be motivated to fix them.

Glad you clarified your statement (less snarky more critical). I agree with that. What I took from your original statement was “if it isn’t game breaking, don’t worry about it.” I think we can both agree that’s just plain silly.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

I like mine tbh.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Can anyone upload a picture of how the fixed zodiac armor clones look? Considering buying this set but not sure if I want it.

Bonus points if you are a charr.