How do you use your Continuum Split

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Coming back from a break, just bought HoT, thrilling with new Chrono except for one thing
I have no idea how to use my Continuum Split.
I feel like using it only for my block/burst is a waste
I tried using it when overloaded with condis but at a better health, since it doesn’t bring you back with condis, but, again I feel I could use it better.
So I’m asking you all, what use have you found for this fifth shatter?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Niekas.3854

Niekas.3854

Cast your ulti, while its casting – use continuum split ~ That will reset the spell.
While having 3 illusions – cast continuum split and use all of your utility/ulti spells as you are going to have approx 5 seconds of “comeback”, that one is very useful while/if Bunkering and running a lot of wells to support your team mates.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

2x moa rules. pretty much 2x anything that has a long cool down is pretty cool. Also you can blow all your shatter and redo them again 3 seconds later .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tales.3105

Tales.3105

Depends On Situation for me. This is what I tend to do.

Party/Meta Events – Continuum Split + Time Lapse
Wait for cool down for Continuum Split again after you Time Lapsed. This ensures you have a time lapse roughly around every 50-60 seconds(with good upkeep of alacrity). 2x Time Lapse for finisher to end what ever bosses you are fighting.

Solo PvE – Continuum Split + 2x Gravity Well
The Cooldown for Gravity Well is around the same time as Continuum Split, so I double Gravity Well away if needed.

Thats how I usually use F5

in Mesmer

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

If you like Doges, double Hounds of Balthazar for 4x Doge Fun.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

few tricks:
1. if you think you are gonna be burst. right before use it and use all you skills shatter etc.. your health will drop and pooff will get back to full without using your healing skill while your enemy used his burst on you
2. doable long cd skills . elite skills, aoe skills and utilities, blind spaming with shatter
3. location kite. use CS on hard spot location , run aways and blink or PR. your enemy will follow and pooff you will be back behind him
4. doable portal or doable blink doable mass invisibility etc…

have fun

(mostly use for doable elite skills and burst skills)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

50~s cooldown on Time Warp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

An application I found by ehmmm…. pure luck, I must admit it, is stomping.

I usually use continuum just before my Signet heal to get an extra izerker out. I did all my rotation and happened to down the enemy and went for the stomp but got tele-ported back to the rift while maintaining the stomp animation. Fortunatley I had blink off cd so I could finish the stomp. I wish I had recorded that because it was just glorious

Basically, it works like phase retreat stomp with staff+blink

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

For pve I like doing the whole continuum split, well of action, well of recall, well of calamity, well of eternity (all while spamming shatters), tides of time, continuum shift, followed immediately by tides of time again to catch two waves to lower the cool down by 20 seconds instead of just 10. You can use mimic in place of well of calamity. However, I like to low cool down of calamity.

For pvp, you can use moa. However, I personally really enjoy my gravity well. Wait till you know you can take the target out with a shatter burst. Bring up illusions with your mh sword, torch, shield, de, or whatever you are using as a weapon, shatter for continuum split, swap to great sword, place you gravity well, do a quick shatter burst. (It is best to do all this when the target is already knocked down or cced before hand so that they don’t dodge the gravity well. After this, the target should be down. This is when I do damage from a distanced and wait for their teammates to come heal them. Immediately when they start healing or are about to heal, I like to place the second gravity well and do a second mind wrack burst while the rest of the team is preferably cleaving away.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

I usually use continuum just before my Signet heal to get an extra izerker out.

You should use CS right after signet heal.

iZerker -> Signet of the Ether -> CS right after the heal completes and before the CD starts counting -> iZerker -> Whatever you have time for -> CShift -> iZerker

With Chronophantasma you have 3 zerkers out and your signet heal ready. Also gives more time to do stuff in CSplit.

You can do double Ether Feast that way too or get a free shatter recharge with Signet of Illusions.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

iZerker -> Signet of the Ether -> CS right after the heal completes and before the CD starts counting -> iZerker -> Whatever you have time for -> CShift -> iZerker

With Chronophantasma you have 3 zerkers out and your signet heal ready. Also gives more time to do stuff in CSplit.

You can do double Ether Feast that way too or get a free shatter recharge with Signet of Illusions.

isnt it very hard to achieve during mid fight. right after the heal complete and before the recharge start… very very short window….

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

isnt it very hard to achieve during mid fight. right after the heal complete and before the recharge start… very very short window….

It’s probably around 0.5s window, so not too hard.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Mesmer

Pepsi.8907

Oh wow, I’ll need to test it out!
Thank you everyone! I’ll also continue fiddling with it and see how it goes

in Mesmer

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

I sated using timewarp with crono so I usealy make berzerker / mirror blade time split timewarp use the evade well don’t remember name and at same time use all shatters cos insta cast and I get boons out of it. Also it’s not good idea to use timewarp out of split cos timewarp has alot longer cd than split. Unless you really need to ( also in pvp timewarp is deffencive skill also bc of slow what’s cool)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

For Solo Roaming:
1. To run away = Cast mass invis → PRess F5 when mass invis cast is 50-70% → Press F5 again when Mass Invis Cooldown is -1s (89s without Trait) → Mass Invis again
2. To Gain more Phantasm Dmg = Cast Phantasm → Press F5 when Phantasm cast is 50% → Press F5 again when Phantasm CD -1s → Phantasm Again
Normally i use Phantasm dmg only vs Tankier role/ teamfight
3. To Tank = Press F5 when u gonna take lethal damage and let u take damage for entire F5 Duration but don’t go downed lol. Press F5 again to revert time. Ur health returned but enemy Cooldown is not

For PVE/ Raid:
Pretty much to abuse Time Warp every 90s instead 180s. THou it’s better to combine with some Wells. Like Alacrity sharing Wells, Well of Recall (1s cast, kitten CD)
Cast Well of Recall (1s) → Press F5 when cast is 50% ish → Time Warp → Put another wells/ Phantasm until time run out.

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

What I meant is to use CS while sighet heal is casting. Same as you would do with the elite skills, just before the cd starts ticking.

Casting CS after the heal will give you the heal on cd when you go back in time.

I think we are saying the same thing, though

in Mesmer

Pepsi.8907

What I meant is to use CS while sighet heal is casting. Same as you would do with the elite skills, just before the cd starts ticking.

Casting CS after the heal will give you the heal on cd when you go back in time.

I think we are saying the same thing, though

well I tested it, and there is indeed a small window between the frame where you receive the heal and the time the skill goes on CD
It’s big enough that it doesn’t requires otherwordly skills to achieve and gives you a nice second heal.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Also use shield 5 in the end and immediately close the split by pressing f5 and throw another one, so you can catch two shields with cdr

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: dzanikken.2193

dzanikken.2193

Can someone explain to me how to perform a triple blink, please?

Edit: nevermind, I just figured it out. However, I did hear someone boasting about a quadruple blink. Is that even possible?

(edited by dzanikken.2193)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280