How many gear sets?

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: mobilejunkie.9260

mobilejunkie.9260

Hey,

Been reading through “Find your Mesmer Build & Guides!” thread and it seems every build requires slightly different gear. If you main a Mesmer, how many gear sets do you have?

I assume at least 2, 1 for pve and 1 WvW.

Cheers,

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

2… one for shatter (dps) one for glam (cond)

I don’t PvE much though :P

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: mobilejunkie.9260

mobilejunkie.9260

Which 2 sets?

At the moment I am considering Rabid and Carrion.

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I have three. Berserker, Carrion and Apothecary

I intermingle the trinkets for my condition and support build as I only started to recently work on getting a proper support gear set. For now it’s only rare apothecary gear because it is so EXPENSIVE. I might go for the alternative stat combo from caudecus’ manor though not yet decided.

Between those 3 I can make most build types even when they aren’t always ideal stats they will still generally function well. Just wish retraiting wasn’t so expensive!

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

Four sets of armor, 14 weapons xD

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: nortagemdrol.9071

nortagemdrol.9071

I have a full set of Berserker gear for PvE and a Rabid set for WvW.

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

I have:
- Bezerker
- Rabid
- Knight
- Carrion
- Cavalier Trinkets (toughness, power, %crit dmg)

WvW perspective (I don’t PvE sorry):
This was mainly due to a lot of build experimenting. Now I really only use Rabid. A mix of Bezerker/Knight/Cavalier come out when I get bored. Carrion sits in the bank.

(edited by FLIMP.8172)

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

I have Berserker (Pretty much all builds), Rabid (Glamour, Condition) and Cleric (Support Phantasm and Mantra).

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Berskerer mostly. Then I have a Soldier/Knight set (mostly PVT with a few PPrT pieces)

Rabid in the back in case they make conditions a bit stronger in PvE. I absolutely loathe respeccing and carrying around extra sets of gear wherever I go.

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Which 2 sets?

At the moment I am considering Rabid and Carrion.

my dps is a mis of (mosly zerker) 2 knight’s, acc’s 2 knight’s with zerker jewelry, zerker rings/back, valk neck

For my condition I have all rabid armor/acc’s (ty wvw badges/karma) carrion jewels in the rabid jewelry (no exotic rabid jewels exist), carrion weapons… but if I was to do it again I would get rabid for weapons as well. Not a big enough deal to replace them though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Knight/Soldier.
Rabid.
Valkyrie.
Berserker.
Explorer.
Magi (or Apothecary or Cleric, I dunno).

Which ones do I use?
Valkyrie and Berserker.

I do, however, carry them all with me at all times. All my accessories are Bers, though.

Everything is Exotic (minus the Ascended accessories). Waiting on Guild Commendations for the earrings since I don’t wanna use 100 ecto.

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: FlyingK.9720

FlyingK.9720

PvE player

I keep 2 sets, I main Rabid for most stuff and keep a Soldier’s/Berserker set for particular events.

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nordic Natedog.4360

Nordic Natedog.4360

I have 3 and part of a 4th. Knights (for crit build), Givers (phantasm support), Rabid (cond), and a 3 pieces of Soldier to make any build have more survivability. 2 sets of trinkets (zerk & rabid) and 10 weapons. I mostly use the knights and rabid which allows me to not to need to retrait. I run 0/20/25/0/25 most of the time so I can switch between a crit or a cond build by changing out my gear and a few skills.

Mag (PA)
Figrin the Healer (Guard), Angelic Renae (Mes), Death by Figrin (Thief)

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

I have 3:

1) Knights/Soldiers/Valk/Berserk/Celestial mix for the Lone Wolf build.
2) Rabid for glamour and con builds.
3) Explorers for pve open world and events.

My weapons are spread out for their use. See the build link in my sig to see what they are.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

My sets are:

• Soldier (Power + Toughness & Vitality)
  • Rabid (Condition Damage + Toughness & Precision)
  • Rampager (Precision + Power & Condition Damage)
  • Berserker (Power + Precision & Crit Damage)
  • Knight’s (Toughness + Power & Precision)
  • Cavalier trinkets (Toughness + Power & Crit Damage)

If you’re interested in a shatter build, I recommend checking out Osicat’s site as well as aiming for Berserker, Knight’s, and Cavalier pieces.

I got Cavalier ascended accessories first since they go well with both a Knight’s set as well as with a Berserker’s set.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I have just one. Rampager with a few Carrion accessories. The reason I don’t have more is because switching and retraiting has to be done manually and that’s a HUGE pain! When/if Anet finally figures out that they can make a fortune by selling a way for players to swap to alternative builds, I’ll gain more armor sets.

(edited by Crossplay.2067)

How many gear sets?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I have

Rampager CoF set
Zerker CoE set
Rabid TA set
Carrion with named skin
Cleric
Apothecary