How to deal with Elementalist WvW????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex Behemoth.4952

Alex Behemoth.4952

I have what I consider and unbeatable Phantom build 30-10-0-30-0. But the problem is with eles. They seem to have an instant escape skill. Health runs low on them they escape heal all the way up and come back for another try. I can’t kill them but I don’t loose to them unless they bring reinforcements. How do you prevent their escape????

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dokk.5620

Dokk.5620

I just make sure Blink is on cool down, as soon as they mist away I follow them, I also have swiftness on heal through armour runes. Pistol 5 ability is a nice daze I also use coupled with sword 3 for a small gap closer with daze. Put that with a good portal placement if they try and run to a direction you were previously at.

With that being said, that are still a massive pain and IMO, a little to good at being able to run.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fellnine.6905

Fellnine.6905

you may not be able to. eles have good mobility/healing/bunker capabilities. other builds arent as good. their dps/burst and cc is pretty weak.

like you said, you dont lose, but you dont win.

use blink, sword/pistol for stun and root. possibly portal as above mentioned, altho its tough to get them to run in its direction.

id say GS also. cripple and cc with knockback and u do more dmg if he runs. match lightning flash with blink, RTL with sword 3 root (difficult), then just stay on him with w/e CC u got.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

I use centaur runes, Blink, and sword 3. Even then it’s not enough if they are good.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

daze, moa, lot of conditions….they can cleanse just some…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.