How to work it - mtd [VIDEO]

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

so after seen some videos posted here its seems we all agree that the mesmer community needs to adpat for the new concept of mtd and conditions burst

its a open post for everyone to say, gives tips and ideas etc

the basic is that now mesmer has a nice aoe conditions dmg but (big BUT) has to work it in a way to fully utiliez it in the right way
it seems that ppl forget its aoe

scepter2 – it blocks and create clones and proc 5 stacks of torment which is useable every 8 sec (traited can be lower every 6 sec)
how to use it?
1. look for aoe and use it on it – necro/ ele/ thief poison filed/ engi etc – its 99% proc
2. use it on the face of your enemy – so he wont see the animation
3. use it when enemy AA or use burst skills like warrior / ranger /thief etc
4. Use Scepter #3 to bait dodge then break the channel and use the block. (very effective against enemies with on-dodge attacks).
5. Use Scepter #3 with chaos armor/ or any aura active to make enemies harder to see your block animation.

you will notice that even with 5 stacks your enemy will use cleanse/break the fight/ go stealth etc . but you want him to use cleanse skills

torch#5 – nice 3 stacks of confusion – again to bait cleanse or stack it

when to shatter – basicaly always. i like to bait my enemy to use cleanse as mention above and to creat clones with scepter while AA or dodge
you have to get use your timeing of creating clones (look for endurance/ skills cd) to get your best shatter combo

here is some basic combos

1.blink-> dodge-> mi-> shatter – 3 clones – good for aoe oppener
2. torch4-> torch5-> dodge -> shatter – 2 clones
3.staff 2->staff 3 -> dodge ->shatter- 2 clones
with some AA inbetween you will have more clones and with more dodges again more clones and with block scepter#2 more clones

4. Scepter block —> Mirror Images —> CoF shatter (3 clones)
5. While stunned, Mirror Images —> Staff #2 retreat out of melee range --> CoF shatter (3 clones)
6. Chaos Armor —> Mirror Images —> Staff #2 retreat —> CoF shatter --> Staff #3 iWarlock. (3 clones + 1 phantasm)

on average player i can get 12-15 stacks of torment with 10-12 confusion with some more cover condi like bleed, burning etc

here is a short video
2v2 wvw
tpvp 2 fights
short wvw zerg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-47Q8qaklU&feature=youtu.be
build used 0,4,2,2,6

thanks to:
keenlam.4753

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Here are my 2 cents:

Scepter block:
4. Use Scepter #3 to bait dodge then break the channel and use the block. (very effective against enemies with on-dodge attacks).
5. Use Scepter #3 with chaos armor/ or any aura active to make enemies harder to see your block animation.

MtD defensive shatter combos: (most effective at melee range)
1. Scepter block —> Mirror Images --> CoF shatter (3 clones)
2. While stunned, Mirror Images —> Staff #2 retreat out of melee range --> CoF shatter (3 clones)
3. Chaos Armor —> Mirror Images --> Staff #2 retreat —> CoF shatter --> Staff #3 iWarlock. (3 clones + 1 phantasm)

I think that MtD shatter should be played a very different way to Power shatter to really make it effective. Power Shatter is all about pressure and very aggressive playstyle, while MtD condi shatter can be played at a slower pace, and favors a more counter-play approach to turn the tide of the fight with your condi burst.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

how do you think the mtd should work in team arena
which role this mesmer has ?

it can hold nice point 1v1 (turret engi are hard counter for me and zerk mesmer)
it can support with condi pressure on a point
it can support with boon strip if traited (when needed)

what are your ideas?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Tbh, using Mtd just as you in your video as of now. I think it has a far point assaulter role since it rekts on 1v1.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Tbh, using Mtd just as you in your video as of now. I think it has a far point assaulter role since it rekts on 1v1.

i dont have speed and thief can do it better and faster and also power shatter

dont you think?

in Mesmer

Miku Lawrence.6329

It’s barely a close point defender w/o portal, on mid yes why not, but power shatter does it better too doesn’t meow it?

Snow Crows [SC]

(edited by Miku Lawrence.6329)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

The most amusing part of your video is that you are giving instructions on how to properly play it, but, the ironic thing is…You didn’t do anything you said in the instructions lol. Like the staff 2 and blink forward finisher, and you seem really helluva confused on how to stomp a guard properly. And using terrain to hide block attack. I lol’ed so hard at that particular moment. It was clearly pure coincidence. And “I’ll die, but rally off Svanir because I saw thief. And I will steal kill”. Everyone knows that condis can’t steal Svanir kill, so the thief did the work and you just got lucky. You didn’t see the thief.

And you aren’t even using your shatters properly as well. See. This is why I hate condi mesmers and condi thieves. It gives players an illusion that they are half decent. It’s like playing with gameshark.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

The most amusing part of your video is that you are giving instructions on how to properly play it, but, the ironic thing is…You didn’t do anything you said in the instructions lol. Like the staff 2 and blink forward finisher, and you seem really helluva confused on how to stomp a guard properly. And using terrain to hide block attack. I lol’ed so hard at that particular moment. It was clearly pure coincidence. And “I’ll die, but rally off Svanir because I saw thief. And I will steal kill”. Everyone knows that condis can’t steal Svanir kill, so the thief did the work and you just got lucky. You didn’t see the thief.

And you aren’t even using your shatters properly as well. See. This is why I hate condi mesmers and condi thieves. It gives players an illusion that they are half decent. It’s like playing with gameshark.

regarding stomp i learn from my mistakes this is why i do videos
and i do use terrain and i did saw the thief coming or else i would withdraw and
and clearly you dont know condi mesmer as AA do direct dmg (i guess you didnt know)
i guess if you think ppl cant you surely cant. so learn to watch the map while fighting and watch your allies locations
but i glad it make you laugh but pls try to save it to private msg as i try to create open discussion here on mtd

in Mesmer

Lettuce.2945

regarding stomp i learn from my mistakes this is why i do videos
and i do use terrain and i did saw the thief coming or else i would withdraw and
and clearly you dont know condi mesmer as AA do direct dmg (i guess you didnt know)
i guess if you think ppl cant you surely cant. so learn to watch the map while fighting and watch your allies locations
but i glad it make you laugh but pls try to save it to private msg as i try to create open discussion here on mtd

Every AA skill does direct damage. But I guess you didn’t know that. It’s just…*whispers* low damage. Which isn’t enough to steal kill from Svanir. A burst spec will 95% of the time get the kill off chieftain or svanir. You, my friend, are not burst.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Every AA skill does direct damage. But I guess you didn’t know that. It’s just…*whispers* low damage. Which isn’t enough to steal kill from Svanir. A burst spec will 95% of the time get the kill off chieftain or svanir. You, my friend, are not burst.

Pretty sure the OP is looking to add tips on using MtD and opening it up to the community, which I think is a good idea and I’m enjoying the productive discussion in this thread.

I’m not entirely sure what positive discussion you’re bringing to this thread regarding MtD usage. I must be missing something, because your posts seem alot like trolling – and I’m sure you’re not trolling and there’s a point to your posts, right?

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Lettuce.2945

Pretty sure the OP is looking to add tips on using MtD and opening it up to the community, which I think is a good idea and I’m enjoying the productive discussion in this thread.

I’m not entirely sure what positive discussion you’re bringing to this thread regarding MtD usage. I must be missing something, because your posts seem alot like trolling – and I’m sure you’re not trolling and there’s a point to your posts, right?

Yes there is a point. It’s a tutorial video. But the creator does not do what he is “teaching us to do”. So that is quite funny itself. Get it? Ok. Cool. Glad I helped you understand that simple notion.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Yes there is a point. It’s a tutorial video. But the creator does not do what he is “teaching us to do”. So that is quite funny itself. Get it? Ok. Cool. Glad I helped you understand that simple notion.

i am so sry you dont know how to read
mtd demonstration (not mesmer tutorials)
if you want short tutorials explanation – here it is

how to fight against shout warrior and ele 1v2(at the end) and how to bait the shatter moment, how to make distance to make the warrior move for double dmg, how to make clones and use stealth to get few sec for you MI cd, stomp with decoy, and easy kill the ele in 1v1 as he need to spam skills and move always
so 1 mistakes (even with staff +blink the warrior rally from npc)

tpvp
turret engi – demonstration of condi pressure – 4 bleed, 4 confusion, burning and 6 torment and cover conditions
creating clones to get ready use f4 on ranger stomp
2v2 to slowly take them both with aoe shatter versus guardian and turret engi . i target the guard to bait the cleanse early then finish with burning and 6 torment and 3 bleeding
diamond ele – how to get the block torment with aoe and followed by 11 stacks of torment
engi (the part you dont like) – i am asura – small while the garden leaves are higher than me. most know it by now . i saw the engi use his bomb and use it on his face to get the 5 stacks of torment
guardian on treb – here i would be ok if you mention “why you didnt use mi for seconds shatter to finish him” – 1 mistake as i thought he had more cleanse but he run. but you could see him running after 7 conditions on him then finished with 8 torment, 6 confusion, burning, 6 bleed – 2k confusion, 1.5k torment, 700 burning, 700 bleed=5k dmg (average was 3k dps)

next tpvp
although the guardian was outnumbered – the conditions stacks on him…
pressure turret engi after he blast his turrets – 10 torment 9 confusion, burning
ranger – 2 shatters and chaos storm on the point… you get the point
1v1 on point versus guardian – block on his AA on his face , FEAR, 17 STACKS OF TORMENT, 7 confusion, and cover conditions – he melted
then followed by 2v2 (i dont know why the s/d thief didnt stomp and just AA )
tried 1v2 on point dd ele and the guardian – hard so back away. after i saw the point uncontested for few sec
i decide to steal the kill but the ele came when i was low. but i saw the thief coming
he use his SB . the ele was down i had 4 stacks of torment on svanir, 4 bleed, burning all aoe and 2 hitting svanir is 100% more chance the get the steal kill then just 1 hitting him (my dmg was 400+700+300+100 while the thief i guess 1.5k with AA sb)
you could say why stand near svanir while he bursting – which got me down!
block on aoe guardian and shatter- easy kill
2v2 on far point to buy some time – f4 to res the thief and contesting . the thief died again and i blow all my utilities and mistake with heal twice so i knew i would be dead but we got 2 points for some time so i didnt care much but did down the ele.
wvw zerging – just target the periphery nothing special

hope it helps you

in Mesmer

Lettuce.2945

0/10. Didn’t read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

You’re still adding nothing to the discussion, not that I’m particularly surprised. Yawn. Trolls are so boring and predictable.

Regarding the OP – what sigils are folks finding best? I’ve tried tormenting, but the single torment stack is a bit lackluster at best. Bursting seems nice, and obviously energy is always a plus for any shatter build. Any others working nicely for folks?

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

Regarding the OP – what sigils are folks finding best? I’ve tried tormenting, but the single torment stack is a bit lackluster at best. Bursting seems nice, and obviously energy is always a plus for any shatter build. Any others working nicely for folks?

Ive been using energy/doom x2. I think someone else from the guild was using a bleed/crit, earth maybe, on there staff with energy x2 and doom

in Mesmer

Miku Lawrence.6329

I second double Doom/Energy !

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Lettuce.2945

You’re still adding nothing to the discussion, not that I’m particularly surprised. Yawn. Trolls are so boring and predictable.

And what exactly is there to contribute? This is such an aids/crutch build for players who need the assist in pvp. It’s self explanatory and it’s as simple as just breathing. It’s really amusing to watch you guys discuss the build when the build itself, is what carries the player. Almost as bad as turret engis. Even more funnier to beat them when they try to get carried by the build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

And what exactly is there to contribute? This is such an aids/crutch build for players who need the assist in pvp. It’s self explanatory and it’s as simple as just breathing. It’s really amusing to watch you guys discuss the build when the build itself, is what carries the player. Almost as bad as turret engis. Even more funnier to beat them when they try to get carried by the build.

Alternatively…what? Try to brute force your way through matches using a worse build so you can feel better about yourself? I can kill people with no offhand and half my traits, does that mean that using a full build is skill less and noob?

No, of course not. Using anything but the most effective build in any situation is a mistake or a conscientious choice for some reason that isn’t maximum effectiveness. The more a build works for you the larger the head-start is before you start comparing skill to skill. A highly effective build amplifies the effect of a skilled player, allowing them to play tremendously strong where an ineffective build has the opposite effect of dampening the way skill shows through.

This build is effective. Play it with skill and it becomes even more so. PU condie is a similar case. Just because the op appears to be semi-incompetent with the build has absolutely no bearing on how well it can be played.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

And what exactly is there to contribute? This is such an aids/crutch build for players who need the assist in pvp. It’s self explanatory and it’s as simple as just breathing.

Yeah… aids, cancer and possibly also ebola. >_> Also, are you suggesting that everyone that needs a crutch has aids, or that everyone who has aids needs a crutch? o_O

Now on a more serious note, there’s absolutely no need for that attitude of yours. We get it, you are super-pro and fight either with glassy powerbuilds or completely naked, like all real salads do. Everyone else is a vegetable at best. Still, vegetables have their place too, and they are also healthy. So there’s really no need to start attacking everyone that likes to play with those builds.

So I can only second what Pyro just said about builds and stuff. Also, I learned a funny “new” word… “semi-incompetent”. I guess this word applies to all of us sometimes. But there’s always room to improve and get better, which can be quite fun when you start seeing the results.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

i use geomancy and energy – more clone and bleed stacks aoe in group play
1v1 i change 1 earth to doom for poison stacking

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

so far this build is strong in pvp area
the main part of it is not your abilities to shatter in the right moment rather the enemy using only 1 cleanse
so 1v1 any zerk build is easy to kill but in the tpvp with bunker guards or ele your conditions pressure is noticeable and you push them off the point. while i think all other classes dont (the meta is more power one for them)

but i didnt find the right role in the tpvp
is it solo far/home cap or group middle?
any exp from others?

in Mesmer

Lettuce.2945

Alternatively…what? Try to brute force your way through matches using a worse build so you can feel better about yourself? I can kill people with no offhand and half my traits, does that mean that using a full build is skill less and noob?

No, of course not. Using anything but the most effective build in any situation is a mistake or a conscientious choice for some reason that isn’t maximum effectiveness. The more a build works for you the larger the head-start is before you start comparing skill to skill. A highly effective build amplifies the effect of a skilled player, allowing them to play tremendously strong where an ineffective build has the opposite effect of dampening the way skill shows through.

This build is effective. Play it with skill and it becomes even more so. PU condie is a similar case. Just because the op appears to be semi-incompetent with the build has absolutely no bearing on how well it can be played.

Can kill with half your traits and main hand weapon with no offhand Claims it’s not a skill-less build or a crutch type build. Uh. Ok. Funny guy. You answered yourself here. Thanks for reinforcing my point. Have a nice day.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Can kill with half your traits and main hand weapon with no offhand Claims it’s not a skill-less build or a crutch type build. Uh. Ok. Funny guy. You answered yourself here. Thanks for reinforcing my point. Have a nice day.

Well, you significantly misinterpreted that, along with missing the point entirely though. Not a big deal, you just have a drastically different view of how to play the game than I do.

You play the game judging other people based on the builds they play, and then forcing yourself into certain playstyles in order to feel superior.

I play the game to have fun. Having fun has 2 major components for me: Winning and causing people to rage at me, my class, and my build. Therefor, I play the builds that win the most and produce the most raging PMs so that I can sit back and bask in the schadenfreude of a job well done.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

so far i gain respect from other enemies which amazed by the torment and confusion stacks in 1v1 mainly
so far the hard counter for me is shatter power mesmer
and i never saw yet any rage or qq from this build concept

in Mesmer

Lettuce.2945

Well, you significantly misinterpreted that, along with missing the point entirely though. Not a big deal, you just have a drastically different view of how to play the game than I do.

You play the game judging other people based on the builds they play, and then forcing yourself into certain playstyles in order to feel superior.

I play the game to have fun. Having fun has 2 major components for me: Winning and causing people to rage at me, my class, and my build. Therefor, I play the builds that win the most and produce the most raging PMs so that I can sit back and bask in the schadenfreude of a job well done.

Doubt you would beat me. But again, it’s the build that’s cheese. It literally allows bad players to force top tier players into trying when they naturally wouldn’t on a different spec. That’s why this build is aids. It has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with your player skills. It’s a carry. But even with this “carry”, doubt you could beat me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neurophen.9738

Neurophen.9738

@Lettuce do we really need to go all sirlin.net on you? MTD is a valid spec, who cares if it has a low skill floor if it’s effective? Play to win.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

o’ high and mighty Lettuce proclaimed MtD is cheese but doubt MtD players can beat him. You must be the perfect Esport material. Funny the word cheese came from someone who main ele though. Its definitely not hard for ele to destroy illusions before they shatter so there must be something terribly wrong with this cheese.

Shatter is the class defining feature of mesmer, just because the traited condition can now marginally match power doesn’t mean its weakness disappear.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Doubt you would beat me. But again, it’s the build that’s cheese. It literally allows bad players to force top tier players into trying when they naturally wouldn’t on a different spec. That’s why this build is aids. It has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with your player skills. It’s a carry. But even with this “carry”, doubt you could beat me.

so basically you are saying every condition build in this game is cheese build
if pu was cheese, p/d thief is cheese, condi endi is cheese, ele signet is cheese, s/s warrior is cheese, necro is cheese, guardian( you can go condi but do nothing- so no cheese)

so 50% of this game is cheese ?!

so far i have been kill all ele staff/ sc/f d/d or they run so easy just by confusion to kill them as they spam like crazy skills to stay alive
this is the reason i like DD trait as even if the clones killed they create conditions and 6 bleed stacks and weakness and other condition cover is nice on them

about player skills – pls show me how you can put 20-25 torment stacks with a combo- pls!
pls show me when to shatter, or bait the shatter
pls show me yours 1v2 or 1v3 on a point in tpvp

all i read from you is bla bla bla bla and see nothing