How will upcoming balance impact chrono?

in Mesmer

Posted by: zomgbuffalo.5276

zomgbuffalo.5276

Hey. So Gaile Gray announced the upcoming balance changes. I’ve read through them, but really didin’t understand how it will affect the current chronomancer in pve AND pvp (wvw as well)?

Here’s the link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Upcoming-Stat-Changes-in-the-Q3-Balance-Update/first#post6667615

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Well, it will make it harder to hit 100% boon duration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

It looks like people won’t get to have their cake and eat it anymore, they will need to go deep with stat choices that have Concentration now to try and get back to 100%, or close. I honestly feel like this is a good thing though because it makes the gearsets you choose matter quite a bit more now. That and the Boon/Condi meta needed to be toned down.

in Mesmer

zomgbuffalo.5276

It looks like people won’t get to have their cake and eat it anymore, they will need to go deep with stat choices that have Concentration now to try and get back to 100%, or close. I honestly feel like this is a good thing though because it makes the gearsets you choose matter quite a bit more now. That and the Boon/Condi meta needed to be toned down.

Does that affect pve only?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Does that affect pve only?

Unsure. But I imagine any Chrono’s that use boonsharing will be affected.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

It just means an itemization adjustment, that’s all.

in Mesmer

zomgbuffalo.5276

How does it affect condi meta? Does this mean condi will become weaker in pvp/wvw scene?

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

How does it affect condi meta? Does this mean condi will become weaker in pvp/wvw scene?

No, lol. Maybe in 2019.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Mesmer

zomgbuffalo.5276

No, lol. Maybe in 2019.

And the same team is responsible for PvP balance as well? If that’s true then they’re doing their work from the wrong starting point. They should do something about broken ass condi classes like mesmer and thief first IMO.