XRay.1920

OP where? in pve? sure.

Huge mesmer nerf incoming?

in Mesmer

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

OP where? in pve? sure.

OP everywhere.

I think there is a simple solution to this problem though: Nerf shatter.

Lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: XRay.1920

XRay.1920

In case you missed it, shatter builds won’t be affected by this nerf, only phantasm ones.

in Mesmer

showatt.9413

In case you missed it, shatter builds won’t be affected by this nerf, only phantasm ones.

In case you missed it (which I’m pretty sure you did), It was a joke, as is every one of my posts. I thought it quite obvious, but maybe I was wrong.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ErraticFaith.9142

ErraticFaith.9142

Assumption is never wise.

in Mesmer

Posted by: XRay.1920

XRay.1920

wrong time to make bad jokes about mesmers.

in Mesmer

showatt.9413

Assumption is never wise.

Yes. You got me.

I really believe that every useful skill that a mesmer has should be nerfed to the ground. While we’re on the topic, I think clones need to go too. Mesmer has too many of them it’s confusing. Also, get rid of confusion. It’s just ridiculous to punish the opponent for using skills.

lastly, I think mesmer should only be able to use 1 weapon like Elementalist.

Moa is fine. Leave Moa as it is.

wrong time to make bad jokes about mesmers.

or maybe you’re just too serious about this game.
Have you tried playing a Necro? I hear its quite fun to play until the bugs kick in.

(edited by showatt.9413)

in Mesmer

ErraticFaith.9142

I think you made the mistake of assuming we have lives away from forums or a life from which to gain a sense of humor showatt. Be ashamed of yourself. :p

in Mesmer

showatt.9413

I think you made the mistake of assuming we have lives away from forums or a life from which to gain a sense of humor showatt. Be ashamed of yourself. :p

I got told

All joking aside, any moa nerf? Because that’s probably the only mesmer skill I have issues with.

in Mesmer

ErraticFaith.9142

Disappointingly I’ve never had the privilege of being turned into a bird :* I see it used so infrequently in fact perhaps anet should extend the duration to one week. Chuck a bit of torment onto some of the skills it has too. Might gain it some popularity.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I hope there’s a “nerf”.
The nerf should be this:

• Moa Morph: removed
  • New Elite ability: Innumerable – Summons 9 Clones and 3 Phantasms around the Mesmer. The Phantasms behave like normal illusions, the Clones are not under player control and bound to the Phantasms, but have increased health and cause random conditions when destroyed. 90s CD.

That’s a nerf I could be ok with. Or anything like that, really.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

showatt.9413

Disappointingly I’ve never had the privilege of being turned into a bird :* I see it used so infrequently in fact perhaps anet should extend the duration to one week. Perhaps chuck a bit of torment onto one of the skills it has too. Might gain it some popularity.

Why is it then I get turned into a moa about twice every tournament? It happened so often I gave up running away and now actually try to attack with moa. Though to its credit I pecked someone to death the other day so it’s not 100% OP i guess..

in Mesmer

ErraticFaith.9142

Most I know would take it as a personal insult to be accused of ‘resorting to the moa’ that probably says enough.
Pecking is serious business. In fact I’ve dueled a few people whose build would probably be a good 20% more effective as a bird morph. The cons of allowing such great build diversity in their game I suppose. Oh wait..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Why is it then I get turned into a moa about twice every tournament?

Depends. I can think of 2 reasons:

1. It’s a great skill for driving the enemy to rage. Raging people who are sitting in front of their keyboard yelling frustrated cusses make mistakes, so there’s a good chance you can kill them afterwards, whether the Moa made any difference or not. They’re too agitated, or to “Meh, Moa, might as well give up”.
  2. It’s tPvP. It’s so small-scale that Moa is actually useful/strong, completely super-useless as it is outside of such staged smallscale fights.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

I find it to be a shame because I feel like Phantasm Mesmer or Mantra Mesmer (basically anything that isn’t Shatter spec) need all the help they can get, and I feel in that regard this change is counter-productive in the grand scheme of things. I trust they will revisit this in a year or so.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

[phantasm builds i.e. inspiration line] didn’t see more play because shatter builds bring very valuable team support with its utility.

Lol? Most of your posts here (e.g. “stays on the field until it’s manually destroyed”) are genuinely village joke materials. Your posts in ele forum are somewhat better, except the MH sword… thing.

I was talking about pvp when I made the comparison between both builds. And what I’ve said is true. Shatter Mesmers can bring both Portal and Illusion of Life, which are meta-changing utility skills.

For pve (and even for pvp), it’s common for your phantasms to last enough time to strike at least twice. Not everyone in pvp decides to kill your phantasms, because it’s usually a much better strategy to burst the mesmer player instead. Granted, the change to the minor trait might change that situation, but at the same time, the buff to the signet is going to compensate for it. In general pve, as long as you know the best time to cast your phantasms, they can easily overlast. Use clones as decoys, cast both of your phantasms, interrupt foes when they are about to attack, etc. Again, the nerf to the trait is compensated by the buff to the signet.

I can understand that the situation is different in fractals, but fractals is not the entire game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Yes, here are the list of nerfs I believe will come to pass if they keep listening to these intolerable whiners

Blurred Frenzy
Deceptive Evasion
Distortion
Mind Wrack / Overall Shatter builds
Glamours (omg where my Might stack go? Null field? nerf plz)
Veil

Seriously. It will all lead to this…
Mantras are too powerful! Mesmers can precast it before a battle and they can 1-100 me with so much utility!

Anet, please do not listen to these whiners

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yes, here are the list of nerfs I believe will come to pass if they keep listening to these intolerable whiners

Blurred Frenzy
Deceptive Evasion
Distortion
Mind Wrack / Overall Shatter builds
Glamours (omg where my Might stack go? Null field? nerf plz)
Veil

Seriously. It will all lead to this…
Mantras are too powerful! Mesmers can precast it before a battle and they can 1-100 me with so much utility!

Anet, please do not listen to these whiners

You missed:
- Portal – 180s cooldown
- iLeap – AAH immobilise, get rid of it!

:p

I won’t list any more just in case someone takes them seriously and starts to press for a nerf!

Edit: Ouch, patch notes are painful…

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

And they’re real. Unbelievable.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

Shhhhhhhhh they still have time. Total a zero more or less… as unintended that could we as intented in some months of hard investigation….

(edited by Zoser.7245)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Blurred Frenzy: This is now evasion instead of immunity. This means it will be affected by retaliation. Increased the cooldown to 12 seconds.

:(
Evasion, ok.
12s base CD? Don’t get that at all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Blurred Frenzy: This is now evasion instead of immunity. This means it will be affected by retaliation. Increased the cooldown to 12 seconds.

:(
Evasion, ok.
12s base CD? Don’t get that at all.

Along with the movement of IC. It’s another example of a direct nerf from QQing on the sPvP forum.

I’m seriously considering switching mains, and I’ve been a Mesmer main since I started playing the game. I’m not considering it because we’re getting nerfed, it’s because my favorite part of the class was build variety, and we simply don’t have it anymore.

Ironic since that was supposed to be the point of this patch….

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Posted by: nullixin.9462

nullixin.9462

I was talking about pvp when I made the comparison between both builds. And what I’ve said is true. Shatter Mesmers can bring both Portal and Illusion of Life, which are meta-changing utility skills.

And I was talking about build-defining trait choices/bonuses, not utilities which can be switched on-the-go. Isn’t in Shatter line there’re really only manipulation range/cd and burst to rally someone, both related to Illusion of Life? Portal is in Inspiration, and the line (should) prevent from getting downed in the first place.

For pve (and even for pvp), it’s common for your phantasms to last enough time to strike at least twice. Not everyone in pvp decides to kill your phantasms, because it’s usually a much better strategy to burst the mesmer player instead. Granted, the change to the minor trait might change that situation, but at the same time, the buff to the signet is going to compensate for it. In general pve, as long as you know the best time to cast your phantasms, they can easily overlast. Use clones as decoys, cast both of your phantasms, interrupt foes when they are about to attack, etc. Again, the nerf to the trait is compensated by the buff to the signet.

Sure the choice is there, but that is also tied to dead target and disengaged target factors, which are also important rather than considering manual destruction (and active shatter) only.

Come feed the rain, come further in

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Ever since the game came out Illusionist Celerity has been deemed too powerful for to be minor adapt skill and this was the opinion of us players, not the devs. Personally I feel it should have been in the master trait area, like most cooldown reductions, but that’s an argument for another day.

This is not a nerf and my reasoning for that is because the skill hasn’t changed. If you want it, you can still get it. The only thing now is, you have to give up more in other areas to gain it. Yes, it sucks but that’s how traitlines should be. They are suppose to make us make very hard choices for our builds. That’s the very definition of build diversity.

But, to be fair, I have you tell you guys that I haven’t used IC in months. I do believe it’s an awesome trait but I have learned to live without it. I still have a weird 20/30/20/0/0 build with my damage spread out between power, crit effects and conditions. While it does lean towards “jack of all trades,” lately I have found that to be its highlight. The reason is, it’s extremely resistant to change. I can damage everything, change tactics mid-fight without even concerning myself about stats and traits and I only need one set of armor.

My only concern, if the patch notes are real, is that newbie mesmers may have an even harder time leveling up now. A few might stacks won’t make much of a difference, especially if you’re not sure what to do with them. It will encourage newbies to shatter more though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

To answer the question of the OP, simply we have no way of knowing what is coming tomorrow. Everything we have seen from the reddit and gw2hub posts is unofficial. Some things may be true some may not, but until tomorrow noone knows for sure.

lol. notes were spot-on.

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

To answer the question of the OP, simply we have no way of knowing what is coming tomorrow. Everything we have seen from the reddit and gw2hub posts is unofficial. Some things may be true some may not, but until tomorrow noone knows for sure.

lol. notes were spot-on.

the patch note look real

only anet will think of moving ic to grandmaster

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

This patch deeply saddens me :-(

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos: