Hybrid Roaming advice

Hybrid Roaming advice

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mohagi.2738

Mohagi.2738

Hello all

So finally decided to dust off my mesmer after trying other classes for 2 years. Been playing standard shatter and boonshare builds for small team roaming and ofc the glamour thingie when running with larger grps (which i dont do often).

Anyways been fooling around with hybrid build and could use some advice, first the build im running atm.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR7flsnhG1YNawMNwtGLnGk5Om+MQjQSvCZAWwyB-TlDEABJrUxu9HEUJImqBQwDAIRVEYSJxxq20kyAtUChwFAoNdDAcEAe4gAEAABYn7MdWnBH9oH9oH9otzduzduzdWKgF1ZB-w

I wanted a build with around 1k condie dmg 2.5k power 50% crit and 200% crit dmg (with guard+sigil stacks ofc). Had to settle with 195% crit dmg but the rest is almost there.
Would love some advice on traits especially Ineptitude vs Malicious Sorcery also the lack of dueling line. Was thinking of skipping Chaos line for dueling, but the lack of defense from pu when using sinister/berserker gear mostly is scary.

Dont really like staff gameplay and find scepter to be a better hybrid weapon? Confusing Images hits like a truck (5-8k direct dmg) + 6 sec cd block with Malicious seems good.

But am I fooling myself? Should i just skip the condie dmg and get 200 more power + 30% more crit dmg?

P.S Excuse the few pieces of cele gear, had to get the gear from my necro and ele

Hybrid Roaming advice

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i tried to go hybrid my self in wvw
the problem i find versus good players is if they go power they can burst better than me
if they go condi they can do better sustain dmg while playing defensive
while in wvw you are not confided to an area like pvp it bit tricky with hybrid
on paper it does more theory dmg but in reality it doesnt

try to get 1500 condi dmg and 2k power
find a way to boost up with some might stacks like battle sigils