I am mesmer, fix Phantasmal Berserker

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

As much as I love trolling people with this skill, I also don’t like being the target of it. This skill is broken. Completely. There are numerous complaints about it and for valid reason.

Ever been in WvW inside a tower under siege? If enemy sees you once and manages to target you (lock onto you), he can spam this skill constantly on you without any line of sight. There’s no where you can escape.

If you’re in an organized party you can do this together.. pick one player and spam him with Berserkers. The target will spend the rest of his miserable days healing and chasing berserkers and won’t be able to use any siege weapons. Because if he uses any siege weapons he’s not fighting off Berserkers.

I have no doubt this skill will be fixed by Easter judging by current fix/balance rate, so I’m creating another thread on this issue very early to make enough time for the fix.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I doubt you really are a mesmer as countering this is trivial. (if you are, then you’re a bad mesmer and should be ashamed :p)

Decoy, or Mass invis – you’ve now dumped your target lock and they have to find you again in order to repeat the process.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

You can cloak or move out of range etc…

But I know some people would rather stand there, or stand on the edge of a cliff and get pulled down by temporal curtain.

It would be an issue if you could not avoid it or counter it.

Who is actually complaining, the minority that do not move i.e. the same ppl who don’t move when they see a glowing red circle on the ground?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

I know Decoy drops target.

That doesn’t make this skill any less broken. I’m not even going to debate about “how to counter broken skills”. I can’t believe how selfish people are. You can’t even accept that the skill is broken just because you play a Mesmer. Never mind that other professions are dead if you have a chance to lock onto them just once.

This thread is going the same way as threads about “Fix thief” posted before in Thief subforum. There are few honest thieves who will look at things realistically and a bunch of selfish people who don’t want balance but just to “pwn” easily.

You can cloak or move out of range etc…

You cannot move out of range if you’re in a tower. Go to Redbriar Greenbriar Rainbowbriar, I’ll lock onto you and good luck moving out of range. Maybe you manage to find 1 square meter than is out of range. Maybe.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

(edited by Ianervan.3415)

in Mesmer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

i dont undertand why this skill is said to be bugged, i mean we are not sending some kind of projectile, we are using some kind of magic to create these illusions, so as long as we are in range we dont actually need to see the target, i think all the illusions should work like iBerserker, I find it quite ridiculous to fail my iDuelist cast because the target got behind me is just… stupid

also phantasms aren’t even that strong by themselves, you can destroy them just getting away, dont even need to spend your precious CDs…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mrowqa.3861

Mrowqa.3861

Did I never make You wonder that this skill is working as it should ?

I see no reason why would you not be able to summon zerker while you can’t see your target as it’s not basic summon.

As seriously, when from it’s so hard to 2 shot a zerk?

in Mesmer

Posted by: tqhx.2190

tqhx.2190

The berzerker dies in about .5 seconds if you target it. If you are getting killed by something on a 16 second cooldown that hits for 5k total if you get all 3 ticks, you should really be asking for a buff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

Ianervan,

I am willing to accept ur challenge on Redbriar or Greenbriar. I will easily find a spot where you can’t touch me. I will even put down a siege weapon where no mesmer can actually hit it, yet I can hit them. e.g. arrow cart middle of the lord room at the highest point in the tower.

You exaggerate sooo much! -_-

EDIT: Touching on thieves, a berserker cannot kill someone from full health within 3 secs and can be targetted completely when it is up, and does not suffer from rendering issues.

(edited by HeeHee.5208)

in Mesmer

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

The illusion dies in like 2 autoattacks yes lets nerf stuff because the enemy can’t use their brain

in Mesmer

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Why not… you know… kill the iBeserker and/or just kill the Mesmer… like everyone else does?

If it is just an iBeserker on me, then it is a minor annoyance at most. But then again I’m not a glass cannon with bad situational awareness… like too many people seem to be.

(edited by Surbrus.6942)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I do actually hope this gets changed.
I want some meaningful changes and improvements, and for that it seems you first need to get all the LoL players out of the forum. So the sooner they shut up and move to another classes’ forum, the better.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Until we don’t need to jump like some kind of annoying frogs when we want to damage someone on the wall, leave berserker as is.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snoxx.7943

Snoxx.7943

I know Decoy drops target.

That doesn’t make this skill any less broken. I’m not even going to debate about “how to counter broken skills”. I can’t believe how selfish people are. You can’t even accept that the skill is broken just because you play a Mesmer.

/sign

Sure they can use Decoy or whatever to drop your target, but that’s not the solution. They are already hiding behind a wall, inside a tower. That should be enough to be safe.

The skill is simply bugged because it doesn’t check the line of sight. That has to be fixed asap.

Running around with my mesmer having GS equipped in WvW feels like cheating. You know why every mesmer and their mother has GS equipped in WvW. You almost never see any other weapon on a mesmer, except focus for speed. But they all fight with GS.

Some old-school MMO-gamers might remember DAoC when the new classes necromancer and animist where introduced to the game with the Shrouded Isles expansion. Both classes were bugged the same way, they could nuke through keep walls. This exploit instantly ruined the entire realm vs. realm fight. I’m glad they fixed it back then.

in Mesmer

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I doubt you really are a mesmer as countering this is trivial. (if you are, then you’re a bad mesmer and should be ashamed :p)

Decoy, or Mass invis – you’ve now dumped your target lock and they have to find you again in order to repeat the process.

If I recall correctlyi there is only one siege that can move.

You guys in this thread can accuse the OP of anything you want. I do in fact play Mesmer. I can also tell you we are the single most broken profession in WvWvW.

I have never seen an entire group sweep for guardians, thieves, necros, elementalist, warriors, or rangers. Now mesmers, I have seen a group NOT sweep for them. I have used them to do the same.

The OP is correct, the skill has got to change. Right now mesmers are the best/second best at killing enemy siege. In wvw we can take out enemy trebs in places no other profession can. Because while they can get in the 1200 range they also have to have los on at least something, (top of a wall etc) in order to cast. Mesmers don’t.

I’m sorry that people can’t, or more likely won’t, accept that this is broken. It is though, it’s a clear exploit of game mechanics. It’s going to get it changed just like it did our blink when people abused it in a similar fashion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rich.3417

rich.3417

As much as I love trolling people with this skill, I also don’t like being the target of it. This skill is broken. Completely. There are numerous complaints about it and for valid reason.

Ever been in WvW inside a tower under siege? If enemy sees you once and manages to target you (lock onto you), he can spam this skill constantly on you without any line of sight. There’s no where you can escape.

If you’re in an organized party you can do this together.. pick one player and spam him with Berserkers. The target will spend the rest of his miserable days healing and chasing berserkers and won’t be able to use any siege weapons. Because if he uses any siege weapons he’s not fighting off Berserkers.

I have no doubt this skill will be fixed by Easter judging by current fix/balance rate, so I’m creating another thread on this issue very early to make enough time for the fix.

hi,

please show me how you can “spam” berserkers, even with the 20% GS reduction on cooldown, I am curious how you can do it…

If multiple Mesmers target you and activate berserkers on you, it’s not spamming, it’s call coordination… Meaning they want you dead. Ever PvP with someone set target on an enemy to blow some damaging cooldown skills?

(edited by rich.3417)

in Mesmer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

If I recall correctlyi there is only one siege that can move.

You guys in this thread can accuse the OP of anything you want. I do in fact play Mesmer. I can also tell you we are the single most broken profession in WvWvW.

I have never seen an entire group sweep for guardians, thieves, necros, elementalist, warriors, or rangers. Now mesmers, I have seen a group NOT sweep for them. I have used them to do the same.

The OP is correct, the skill has got to change. Right now mesmers are the best/second best at killing enemy siege. In wvw we can take out enemy trebs in places no other profession can. Because while they can get in the 1200 range they also have to have los on at least something, (top of a wall etc) in order to cast. Mesmers don’t.

I’m sorry that people can’t, or more likely won’t, accept that this is broken. It is though, it’s a clear exploit of game mechanics. It’s going to get it changed just like it did our blink when people abused it in a similar fashion.

Its not like your criting on enemy siege because you don’t which means your crit damage isn’t counted when attacking siege. I would still argue elementalists are the best at taking out siege hands down. Just type in chat and have someone keep a eye out for the mesmers. Why is that so hard? Do you expect to just sit there spamming 1,2, and 3 on the arrow cart you place in the back and collect bags for free? You know damage is calculated top down right? So you know say at Green Briar for instance where the stone tunnel is people put siege up there. You cant hit that with bezerker a ele can.

I am pretty sure this is working as intended. You use to be able to use warlock without LOS not its alot harder I can usually only get him on the Oil or a cannon at the edge no more up top on a defender. I agree warden was op with that bugged attack rate.

Zerker isn’t honestly maybe cause Im a mesmer and if im defending I see a zerker pop up i just kill it cause I know it can be annoying lmao but its not op.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Mesmer

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

yeah this needs to be fixed. I throw iZerkers all the time when I seige and it is totally cheezy. I feel bad doing it but it gets done to me non-stop as well.

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

Ever wondered how bad elementalists feel when they drop at least 4 unavoidable and unkillable aoes that ignore LoS on someone’s sieges?
Not bad at all, lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Ummm….so what AOE ability would a Mesmer have available to them to hit people on top of walls if we had no iberserker?

Hmmmmm?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

I’m all for fixing the zerker. They just need to give us a viable option for attacking people on the wall before or when they do require you to have los on the target when summoning zerker.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Maybe I’m wrong as I don’t have much experience playing the other classes, but it seems to me mesmers are distinctly behind in the capability to produce constant and effective AE damage. Which seems quite helpful to cast up on those walls. Or anywhere else you want someone to choose between standing somewhere and taking damage.

The phantasms also make an opponent choose: Take damage or lose target on the mesmer. But in the situation you’re complaining about, that choice really isn’t relevant. You’re probably not actively trying to kill that one mesmer before he kills you, so you should simply switch to the phantasm and kill it.

Given the entirety of the mesmer toolkit, I think iZerker’s LoS functionality is both balanced and intentional. There are other gimmicky abilities I would address first.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Samiell.1259

Samiell.1259

Reading through here makes me wonder if some of you hate your Mesmer or are not mesmers at all. Our AoE is horrible! Having one ability that does some damage to poeple on walls or behind is fine. The cd on zerker, with 20% reduction, is 10 seconds. For the love of kitten stop calling for a nerf that would ruin what little we have.
It’s so rediculously easy to drop target. Even if you don’t have a stealth ability equipped move back to throne room, equip said ability, used ability. Problem? I think not.
I’ve been involved with WvW since before the game came out. If you don’t have a gtfo ability, other than blink, think about it. Mass invis is usable in 90% of the situations you’ll be in. Moa is great but not in WvW. That leaves time warp. Only situations its needed is golem rushing gates and portaling into a base.

Black Ops supply line disruptions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I’ve defended walls. And trust me Meteor shower is WAY more deadly then iBerserker ever will be. Every ball of MS can do as much as a fully berserk builded iBerserker. Not that impressive imo. A dodge + heal and you are back in play.

What about warriors and killshot? Nerf it as well? Because i don’t like it kill me once standing on a keep? I don’t think so.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Mesmer

Posted by: xizod.9513

xizod.9513

I don’t care if iBerserker can attack ppl behind the wall or not. I want iBerserker immediately whirling when pop out come back! Not just stand there watch ppl run away or die in AOE before do nothing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nero.8623

Nero.8623

I am a Mesmer please completely nerf my class to oblivion.

……….

in Mesmer

Posted by: Birdrock.1697

Birdrock.1697

I am a Mesmer please completely nerf my class to oblivion.

……….

He doesn’t play a mesmer, he IS the profession. “I am mesmer.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Pretty much all abilities obey line of sight, so why should this phantasm be special?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Conditioned.2467

Conditioned.2467

Personally I dont think there should be classes. I think everyone should have just one ability and everything else should be the same. Also, since play over internet can be unfair and individual, it should not be allowed in this game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

It’s not ok to justify using a bug to compensate for lack of other skills/abilities. They should fix it, and give something useful in return, that can be used to similar effect (aoe of some sort).

And i think the overall power of this ability is exaggerated a bit, it’s more of an annoyance then anything else. You shouldn’t die to it.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

It’s not ok to justify using a bug to compensate for lack of other skills/abilities. They should fix it, and give something useful in return, that can be used to similar effect (aoe of some sort).

And i think the overall power of this ability is exaggerated a bit, it’s more of an annoyance then anything else. You shouldn’t die to it.

Biggest problem really is that yes I can hit someone one a wall. In WvW. Which is toooootally going to bring that keep down to it’s knees. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Reidir.6391

Reidir.6391

Or just add “Ignores line of sight” in description. Problem solved.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

Biggest problem really is that yes I can hit someone one a wall. In WvW. Which is toooootally going to bring that keep down to it’s knees. :P

It’s not you. The problem isn’t one Mesmer. The problem is WvW groups with several, that can nuke siege without LoS, kill defenders without effort. Anyone who thinks this isn’t a problem is missing the point.

I play a Mesmer; iBerserker needs to be changed to have LoS.

Differences like this only encourage class stacking in large-scale fights.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Well in the defense of siege killing, there are many places siege can be placed safely in all towers and keeps. That said, arrow carts and ballista tend to be on the walls so they get dropped by mesmers. At the same time well placed AoE will usually kill these as well. I don’t like it ignoring los, but at this point I do think it’s intentional otherwise they would’ve fixed it as quickly as they fixed lightning flash which has the same issue for elementalist.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Stating that you are a mesmer makes you so heroic and your thinking so deep.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Meteor shower is 100x better than Berserker.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Foddzy.6291

Foddzy.6291

This and all the other inconsistencies regarding targeting mechanics should be addressed and normalized.

Make the mechanics logically consistent and sensible first, then balance classes based on that solid basis. Don’t balance classes based on broken/illogical/inconsistent mechanics.

That said, I’ll be berserking keep defenders mercilessly in the meantime.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

dosnt elementalist also ignore LoS with his Rain of fire thing and it even hits for millions more?

in Mesmer

Posted by: rich.3417

rich.3417

It’s not you. The problem isn’t one Mesmer. The problem is WvW groups with several, that can nuke siege without LoS, kill defenders without effort. Anyone who thinks this isn’t a problem is missing the point.

I play a Mesmer; iBerserker needs to be changed to have LoS.

Differences like this only encourage class stacking in large-scale fights.

while you are at it, can you start a thread with nerfing elementalists and rangers AOE attacks as well? If your argument is about class stacking in large-scale fights, dont isolate Mesmer as the only problem.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Samiell.1259

Samiell.1259

I don’t agree with the zerker needing a nerf/change in the least but I don’t think some of you realize what, exactly, he is talking about. His issue is with the targets location. Example: you target a motor operator but the operator jumps off the wall to get supply from inside the keep. You still have that player targeted and can cast iberserker even though he’s straight through the wall.
This is something completely unique to Mesmer it’s annoying to be on the receiving end of but only a fool gets killed by it. IMO it’s not worth the trouble to warrent a Devs attention.

Black Ops supply line disruptions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

Why just iBerserk? All illusion summoning skills ignore los afaik…
Sure Berserk spawns right next to your target, but every other illusion will just run to it anyway, if there’s a path of course.

I mean, it’s so easy to abuse, apart from the keep example:
I am/You are hiding behind an obstacle, I have you in target and spawn all my illusions.
If I’m not in combat I can even swap/equip weapons to get more before they actually hit you MWAHAHAHA
I wait for them to do their job, patiently watching you struggle with pathetic AI’s (MWAHAHAHA, again) then maybe shatter before they die.
There, half your HP is gone (at least), and you haven’t seen me yet. Maybe you even popped some cd’s. Best case scenario (for you) your endurance bar is now empty. Then I show up from behind the rock.

Does it sound fair to you?
Sounds way worse than thieves BS combo to me…
I mean, there’s already enough AI in this game, but this…

P.S: I’d never do what I just stated, but I’ve seen it done in a Mesmer tournament clip I won’t link to preserve the integrity of the player :p

(edited by Prelude.3817)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Have you realized a ‘fast moving’ Berserker like this, will actually be bugged more with this ‘nerf’? Cause the moment there’s a difference in heigh he will get stuck and bug out. Thank you for for bringing more bugs instead of fixes to the mesmer.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Mesmer

Posted by: RinKyu.4317

RinKyu.4317

Sure Berserk spawns right next to your target, but every other illusion will just run to it anyway, if there’s a path of course.

Summoning a Phantasmal Warden can be prevented by aegis, los and dodging.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

Lol, I didn’t know that.
The only illusion skill working properly. I wish they were all like that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

If LoS is removed on iZerk, then they really need to fix the LoS issues with the auto-attacks.

The same argument applies in reverse for opponents standing on top of walls. If you can stand on a wall and hit people on the ground, then you should be “touchable” with ranged attacks.

Right now none of the Mesmer ranged attacks except iZerk can hit someone in plain sight on top of a wall.

I’m all for fixing iZerk through walls — but right now that’s a mesmer’s only option for wall tops.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

so mesmers have an illusion thats actually useful during a siege?

yeah, that definitely must be a bug…

srsly, when you compare that to the stuff other classes have for a siege, then the iZerker isnt broken at all.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Oh it’s not that it isn’t a problem, it’s just that we’d then need another way to fight up on walls. Plenty classes have plenty abilities to hit defenders on walls with, while iBerserker might be ignoring LoS to do so, the general idea of having him able to get up onto the wall isn’t bad (i.e.: ground-targetted iBerserker, attacks current target but spawns where you lick – I can target him at the edge of the wall, he spawns there, then whirls inwards towards my target, but it still has to be in range of the whirl).

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

And blind.

Right now none of the Mesmer ranged attacks except iZerk can hit someone in plain sight on top of a wall.

We can. You’ll have to use skill, then jump during it’s animation. Obviously, this is highly annoying.

in Mesmer

Posted by: RinKyu.4317

RinKyu.4317

And blind.

Yeah, had a feeling I had forgotten something.
Pretty sure that Phantasmal Disenchanter obeys the same rules as Warden aswell.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kabukijo.6053

Kabukijo.6053

Wow thats alot of crying …. without berserker . we will have what ???? a spamming aoe.. like ranger or ele… or eng … or theif with short bow .. nope… has anyone looked at our traits and how useless they are … berserker is all we have to get anything on a wall with out it being block los even tho we can see half of ur body and its still blocked … so .. 20 sec cool down .. and berserker dies in 2 hits ……… 2 hits .. hes dead … most the time i get 2 up on one person …. meaning he ran around for 16 secs and never 2 shotted first one .. that hit for what 2 to 3 k .. grew up and lose the noob before coming to forums oh and cool down on berserker att is 5-7 secs so much complaining whem most of the trouble i have is that the whole wall is coated in rain of fire and arrows and siege

most of are traits sound like this … do damage on interupt .. cause condition on interupt … gain a boon on interupt … useless crap … last time i checked no one in the history of gw2 so far died on interupt

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowscamp.8065

Shadowscamp.8065

Wow thats alot of crying …. without berserker . we will have what ???? a spamming aoe.. like ranger or ele… or eng … or theif with short bow .. nope… has anyone looked at our traits and how useless they are … berserker is all we have to get anything on a wall with out it being block los even tho we can see half of ur body and its still blocked … so .. 20 sec cool down .. and berserker dies in 2 hits ……… 2 hits .. hes dead … most the time i get 2 up on one person …. meaning he ran around for 16 secs and never 2 shotted first one .. that hit for what 2 to 3 k .. grew up and lose the noob before coming to forums oh and cool down on berserker att is 5-7 secs so much complaining whem most of the trouble i have is that the whole wall is coated in rain of fire and arrows and siege

most of are traits sound like this … do damage on interupt .. cause condition on interupt … gain a boon on interupt … useless crap … last time i checked no one in the history of gw2 so far died on interupt

Periods.

Periods everywhere.

Qoo ~

Quaggan may or may not like you ~