I can't decide if excited or terrified

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

After watching the Ready up and seeing all the buffs the Ranger got, I honestly can’t decide if i’m excited to see what we’ll get or completely terrified at what they will nerf more. What do ya’ll think?

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

oiii. ranger is currently the most yell at class in the game. I think ranger should get some love. Anet might look into mesmer and necros next.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

The precedent has already been set with engineer and ranger. All classes will be getting moderate to massive buffs of some kind. I expect nothing less for mesmer but honestly all I care about is the bugs atm.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Is there a text-based summary of it somewhere?

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Is there a text-based summary of it somewhere?

Keep your eye on dulfy.net – I’m sure it will be posted within an hour or two.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2bpy0i/ready_up_upcoming_engineer_ranger_changes/

Most of those buffs were really straight forward buffs to underused or weak skills. That’s actually awesome as far as balance goes in general since it increases build variety. Also the buffs were simple buffs to straightforward skills.

We need bug fixes more than anything.
Some buffs are too much power creep to other classes.
Devs have a history of not understanding the mesmer.

I’m worried.

Edit: Also a lot of ppl are talking about engineers also having reveal and buffing ranger reveal. This doesn’t bode well for PU and thieves so that’s one more build of ours that’s getting a hard counter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2bpy0i/ready_up_upcoming_engineer_ranger_changes/

Most of those buffs were really straight forward buffs to underused or weak skills. That’s actually awesome as far as balance goes in general since it increases build variety. Also the buffs were simple buffs to straightforward skills.

We need bug fixes more than anything.
Some buffs are too much power creep to other classes.
Devs have a history of not understanding the mesmer.

I’m worried.

Edit: Also a lot of ppl are talking about engineers also having reveal and buffing ranger reveal. This doesn’t bode well for PU and thieves so that’s one more build of ours that’s getting a hard counter.

Yeah, this is probably my exact thinking, at first the buffs and changes look exciting for what could be coming…but then after it sinks in it makes me extremely worried.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Mesmer

Posted by: LiebnirGWAccount.5698

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

- Eagerly awaits to see what scepter changes/phantasmal mage changes there may be -

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]
Trixxie Virtuoso – Mesmer
http://trixxietheasura.tumblr.com/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

The next patch could be the one we’re looking for…

…maybe.

I have no expectations.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LiebnirGWAccount.5698

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

The next patch could be the one we’re looking for…

…maybe.

I have no expectations.

You reminded me of this.

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]
Trixxie Virtuoso – Mesmer
http://trixxietheasura.tumblr.com/

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Yeah, I’m keeping my expectations low even after they announce our ready up spot.

Remember last ready up?
“Warden will be finally fixed don’t worry!”
“We have a lot if bugs being fixed at the feature patch!”
“Illusionary Elasticity will work on illusions now!”

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

I have no hope at all for the mesmer balance preview. It’s like Anet just doesn’t understand mesmers anymore. I can see them buffing iMage to deal twice the amount of confusion stacks, but it will still be worthless, because iMage can’t hit anyone in movement, even in a straight line and constant speed.

Pumpkin – Mag

in Mesmer

ASP.8093

Well, if nothing else, you’ll get to have some fun reflecting Rapid Fire. :P

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Going to run Mirror just for that!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Going to run Mirror just for that!

My thoughts exactly

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

I have no hope at all for the mesmer balance preview. It’s like Anet just doesn’t understand mesmers anymore.

It never felt like they had a good idea for the profession. It was the last one they revealed, and even then they said that it was hard to get right. And I mean, it makes sense, because they took out everything mesmers did in gw1—energy denial, interacting with opponents’ skill bars, hexes, and interrupts. But they’ve always been floundering.

Also, I don’t trust them to fix anything any more. I honestly don’t want them to touch iwarden; they’ve already screwed it up enough.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Also, I don’t trust them to fix anything any more. I honestly don’t want them to touch iwarden; they’ve already screwed it up enough.

At this point if iWarden literally did nothing 100% of the time on summon, it wouldn’t be a massive nerf. Rock bottom is pretty close for that skill, so we don’t have much to lose on it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Either:

A. Mesmer buffed to the level of sword/dagger thief on power shatter. where we get a kitten load of evades and don’t need to set up as much to do decent damage.

B. Condi gets a massive change in spike allowing for long lasting conditions, or the ability to apply them faster.

Or C. A-net legit thinks mesmer is OP and decides to do very little beyond buffing mind stab, which will be minor, and the video will go along the lines of “Warden works! =D”

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Ya know what, I’m not sure what to expect. Honestly anything could happen, but im not expecting much tbh. Hopefully the preview is on the ranger/engineer preview level.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

I expect to be taking a very very long vacation from Gw2 depending on how it appears LS2 and the core game updates are handled.

I also expect that mesmer will be in the “last to be shown” category with either Thieves or Warriors in this “new” balance preview format…

and that the forums will go into an uproar and rage based on both mesmer and warrior “changes” that are potentially coming…

PS i say potentially because the track record between what is said/promised/suggested vs what is delivered is laughable to say the least.

5 patches to fix the CD bug on Arcane thievery anyone?

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yunalesca.9850

Yunalesca.9850

A complete list of the upcoming changes can be found here.

I’m a bit terrified about the whole “lets-make-turrets-stronger” changes. The missles from the rocket turret will track you down – hurray for almost unavoidable damage (’cause only aegis or dodges will help…).

The changes on ranger look interesting but I’m 100% positive that almost all rangers will run with a LB. Also rapid fire with only 2,5s casting time sounds …. painful.

But we’ll see if the changes will be as meta-changing as they sound.

Yuna Brija – Bunker Chronomancer [TDG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

A complete list of the upcoming changes can be found here.

I’m a bit terrified about the whole “lets-make-turrets-stronger” changes. The missles from the rocket turret will track you down – hurray for almost unavoidable damage (’cause only aegis or dodges will help…).

The changes on ranger look interesting but I’m 100% positive that almost all rangers will run with a LB. Also rapid fire with only 2,5s casting time sounds …. painful.

But we’ll see if the changes will be as meta-changing as they sound.

Err, ranger axe condi/hybrid builds are going to go from hardcore to OMFG.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yunalesca.9850

Yunalesca.9850

Err, ranger axe condi/hybrid builds are going to go from hardcore to OMFG.

At least you see the axes thrown at you. LB from whatever point you don’t see the ranger immediately and PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW dead. (>@_@)>

Yuna Brija – Bunker Chronomancer [TDG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

No, screw it. The precedent is set with Signet of the Beastmaster, and I’m going to be optimistic for about… eh… the next hour or two(when the coffee kicks in I’m sure).

Here’s some completely baseless and not official predictions/my wishlist(which ended up looking like patch notes the longer it goes on, whoops):

Since it’s harder to explain as an innate ability, and some people wouldn’t like the functionality if it weren’t optional, I predict Deceptive Evasion drops down to Adept. This enables us to run… literally every single one of those shatter traits we never use, even Bountiful Disillusionment. Illusionary Persona could drop down to Major, but I’m less confident about that prediction.

We’ll be able to inflict Revealed somehow. Maybe part of Warden, or perhaps Swordsman(better odds, seeings how OH sword seems to be less popular in pvp settings). Mantra of Pain might be a good contender too – a short one, making it a sort of a soft stun rather than a preventative ability.

Signet of Illusions and/or Persisting Images will be buffed with damage reduction or a health increase. Any trait that grants us bonuses based on active illusions(the 3/6/9% stuff) will be applied to illusions. All signets apply to illusions. (Useless for some, but that’s balanced out by the previous trait thing.)

Manipulation cooldowns will be lowered across the board, except for Blink. Mimic will no longer require taking damage to absorb the initial projectile. Arcane Thievery ignores Blind. Arcane Thievery will have its cooldown reduced by Far-reaching Manipulations again. This is unintended – a bug prediction. How do they keep doing this!?

Mantra AoEs will be hugely increased, and affect 10 allies instead of 5 so we can better support large groups and our own illusions/other pets.

Null Field will remove two conditions per pulse instead of one, allowing a more game-changing impact when used.

Most of our Signets will enjoy a decrease in cooldown, slightly boosting the value of signet-related traits. Cleansing Inscriptions will clear two conditions instead of one.

Scepter: AA projectile velocity and cast speed increased. Confusing Images wind-up sped up. Effects on successful block will be instant and not linked to a cast time or animation.

Torch: Phantasm given better buffer zone for attacks, attack speed increased.

Focus: Warden will no longer suffer post-traumatic stress disorder in combat – general combat behavior fixed. Into the Void delay dropped to .5.

Greatsword: We did the thing with the numbers like we said.

Staff: Chaos Armor… (inaudible muttering).

Sword main: Cooldowns reduced. Considering a revert to prior functionality, pending the effects other changes to the class have on the meta.

Sword off: Consistent with scepter, successful block effect will not have a cast time or animation. Successful block will also daze the attacker(single target) for 1s.

And on the seventh day, he rested.

(I definitely want bugs fixed and stuff, but I figured for my wild guessing I would focus more on staying consistent with bringing up unconventional builds and the like.

And yes. The coffee kicked in. I am now dreading the coming update.)

(edited by Kadj.6725)

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

^Can I have some of whatever you just drank/smoked/injected/snorted?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

^Can I have some of whatever you just drank/smoked/injected/snorted?

Extremely terrible sleeping habits, two cups of coffee, and being-a-morning-person-but-not-being-bitter-about-everything-yet?

I’m literally so tired when I wake up that I can’t even remember my day-to-day stresses, much less in-game stuff. >_>

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m excited to see the changes. I’m glad they put time into ranger – it was needed.

I’ll be interested to see if other classes get anti-stealth mechanisms. It seems like it would be a choice for ranger and engi to take anti-stealth skills – not sure how often those skills will be taken. But I hope it at least reduces complaining about PU. And maybe it will finally force me to change my build.

Since they have shown a pattern of tweaking weapon skills, I would expect changes to scepter, greatsword (mind stab) and torch (phantasmal mage).

Mostly, I hope they put in bug fixes. Looking forward to it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Bug fixes are some of the biggest buffs we could get.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I just hope Anet would increase our cond cleanse(reduce Null-Field CD for example)
or give us a decent ileap animation that dosnt stop when someone poof it thank you

in Mesmer

Sandrox.9524

or increasing mantra charges to 3 and instead of the grandmaster trait that gives extra charge give like 15% cd reduction on mantras.
This could really encourage mantras builds.
it can also solve the cond cleanse problem with menders purity in active.

in Mesmer

ASP.8093

or increasing mantra charges to 3 and instead of the grandmaster trait that gives extra charge give like 15% cd reduction on mantras.

I run Harmonious Mantras a lot. I think if you made 3 casts the default it would make mantras really, really strong across the board. Maybe a bit excessive, to be honest. 3-cast MoR with Mender’s Purity is a ton of condition removal. 3-cast Mantra of Distraction without a trait investment might make Power Block + Chillruption a thing.

in Mesmer

Sandrox.9524

I run Harmonious Mantras a lot. I think if you made 3 casts the default it would make mantras really, really strong across the board. Maybe a bit excessive, to be honest. 3-cast MoR with Mender’s Purity is a ton of condition removal. 3-cast Mantra of Distraction without a trait investment might make Power Block + Chillruption a thing.

Well,seeing the buff rangers got I dont see this change very OP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kirito.9207

Kirito.9207

I bet they’re just going to kinda skim over the Mesmer on this part and say

“Well Mesmers have portal, they can get to once place to another instantly”

And then no bug/balance patches for us.

in Mesmer

Posted by: sirrealist.1360

sirrealist.1360

When is this patch supposed to drop?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliesume.1687

Eliesume.1687

Anytime from next week to October. ANET decided to randomly YOLO on which class gets discussed each time.

~Tarnished Coast~
80’s – Ele, Guard, Mes, Necro, Ranger, Thief, War

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Anytime from next week to October. ANET decided to randomly YOLO on which class gets discussed each time.

It will most likely happen in September. As for the mesmer preview of the patch notes, it could be next friday or either of the fridays on two week intervals after that.

And honestly though, it’ll take a miracle of a patch to make me even consider playing mesmer again. Even playing kittening Ranger of all things has become more fun for me and in spvp/pve, I feel like I actually contribute more even if my stupid pet blindly charges into AoE.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kirito.9207

Kirito.9207

Actually after a couple days to ponder I’m just terrified lol.

Wish they would just tell us now. I’m sure they’re bracing for impact though. We can get pretty riled up here on the Mesmer forums.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Only reason I’d be excited is cuz of how they talked about reducing mesmer set up… But I feel like it’ll be in some sort of gimmicky way along side with mind stab buff and a. Ton of nerfs. And even if not we still have the bugs to deal with AFTER they patch us. And then after that they may still revoke changes.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”