I can't help but notice..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Majora.6028

Majora.6028

There is a lack of builds on the “Find your Build!” thread that involve Scepter/Sword,

I really enjoy this build and have been using it a lot lately. I’ve formed a build for it, and, thus far, it has been useful.

I guess my question is; Why has nobody made a build for them? Is it really that not good, and I just haven’t noticed yet?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Max.8563

Max.8563

Scepter is best for condition builds
OH Sword is best for power builds
In general when mesmers use OH sword they also use MH sword because we are not happy with the scepters skills.
Even in a condition build I find that MH sword is superior to secpter.

If you have a build your happy with that uses both your welcome to share it

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

Dunno, but I too have fallen in love with the scepter/sword.

10/20/10/0/30 clone jihad/shatter build.

sword/torch is my secondary and I switch between the two alot. Neither really takes the backseat to the other.

My only question: if you are enjoying the build, why would you want to change it?

Following meta is how classes get in ruts.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Majora.6028

Majora.6028

Oh, I didn’t want to change it. I’m just very curious. I thought it was a good weapon, the build suits me.. I just don’t see anyone using it, I didn’t know if I was missing something.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I run scepter sword in pretty much everything that involves clone generation… it is amazing… “Oh i see a thief with basilisk coming toward me… #4 block oooo he’s gonna try CnD #2 block” Thief just suffered between 4-7k damage depending on your crits and you blocked their burst… You can have them running round in circles now… I use sword OH torch sometimes but if not its focus or pistol with the sword… Just depends on what I wanna do… But I agree with OP scepter sword is fun… Include confusion somewhere in the auto attack and I may never leave the scepter.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer