I'd like some levelling suggestions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

I’ve been away from GW2 for over a year and I’ve got no clue what I’m wanting to do with my mesmer character. It’s currently at level 65 with a staff+scepter/focus and rampagers on everything.

What I’d like to do is run one build with that gear till I hit 70, then run a different build at 70-75 and 75-80 to get a feel for the different options open to mesmers. Then, once I hit 80, I’ll have a fair idea about what I’d like to do with this character.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: mannyd.1305

mannyd.1305

If you up to that level already, you can craft and level the rest of the way to 80. (Since you may have some gold and materials collected already) or just jump on a karma train on WVW Edge of the Mists and build up your wvw rank while leveling up like nobody’s business and talk to your fellow server mates. :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

• 400 chef is 7 levels for only 2-3g.
  • Full power is the best option for leveling.
  • I would also suggest using Mantra of Pain (casting between groups of mobs, not every time)
    as it really speeds up some kills.
  • S/F & GS for more damage.

(edited by Zach.3264)

in Mesmer

Posted by: mannyd.1305

mannyd.1305

yeah i pretty much start with chef on new toons when i need to take a break from other stuff, then jewelry crafting (make your character some trinkets in process) then branch out from there. but those two crafting professions might be all you need to get to 80 or close to it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Crafting to level is not an option I’ll take as it doesn’t help me figure out what kinds of mesmer builds I’ll enjoy at 80. I don’t want to have to buy a second set of level 80 gear because I didn’t enjoy the first build I tried.

I’ll give S/F +GS a go. I’d like some advise on which skills and traits the meta uses with it.

Edge of the Mists is something I’ll have to take a look at.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

100% the Orr maps. They give decent loot and you might get lucky with the exotic sigils/runes you get. No hearts mean they are also pretty easy to finish and you will get decent exp and some GM traits along the way.

I’m a fan of full zerker. Since traits can be redone whenever, it’s much easier to experiment.
4/4/0/0/6 is a full zerker shatter spec that works in open world PvE and WvW/pvp. Shatters not recommend in dungeons. Pvp/wvw shatter… depends on the person you talk to. 4 dueling and 6 illusions is very standard for DE and IP while the last 4 are more open.

6/6/0/0/2 is a max damage mantra+ phantasms build. 4 inspiration/4illusions is for maxing out reflect uptime which is also very useful in dungeons. The new patch has sorta butchered the mesmer meta/there isn’t really one build anymore. 2/4/0/4/4 or 2/4/0/5/3 are probably good enough for most things. Open world doesn’t have as many projectiles but in dungeons, it’s amazing.

If you are more into pvp/wvw but don’t like the sound of shatter, PU (6 chaos) makes you much tankier and then you can sort of do whatever with rest depending on your playstyle. 4/4/6/0/0 is fairly standard for PU though. Most go condi but zerker PU or hybrid also works.

I’ve started leveling a new mesmer and the two things I like the most right now are the gathering booster (random bl chest saved up ftw) 10 second swiftness on gather and
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Food#Swiftness
Helps a lot with mesmer mobility to be fast after kills or gathers.