I love my mesmer but...

I love my mesmer but...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

something occurred to me. while our phantasmal berserker can’t hit obstructed things, elementalist’s meteor shower, dragon claw, whatever can hit BEHIND tower walls! i’m trying not to believe that anet plays favorites, but considering that and how my engineer’s been nerfed..

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

I love my mesmer but...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Manditory.7934

Manditory.7934

If you get LOS you can always berserker and burst. Otherwise spam AOE and pull them down. Every class has its perks. Nothing more fun than watching 5 people fall of the wall straight into your zerg

I love my mesmer but...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

If you get LOS you can always berserker and burst. Otherwise spam AOE and pull them down. Every class has its perks. Nothing more fun than watching 5 people fall of the wall straight into your zerg

What’s better is you can place it on the vertical part of the ramparts so they can’t even see it coming! Also, so few people play mesmers regularly that a lot of WvWers don’t know all the things temporal curtains can do. They think it’s just a speed boost but I’ve used it as an assassination interrupt and to cripple incoming zergs.

Oh, and one of the greatest things to do while being chased by a zerg is to place an entry portal down but no exit. You won’t believe how many people will stop and wait for something to spawn from it.

I love my mesmer but...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Isn’t the joke Mesmer, Guardian, Thief = GW2 holy trinity? I don’t think ANet plays favorites to elementalists.

I love my mesmer but...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

Isn’t the joke Mesmer, Guardian, Thief = GW2 holy trinity? I don’t think ANet plays favorites to elementalists.

You’re joking right?

Ele currently has the strongest bunker build.

They have amazing sustain in their bunker spec too plus a whole lot of team support and healing.

People have been learning how to play Ele, Necro, Ranger, Engi and every single one of those classes is formidable in pvp on more than 1 build. Even War has a couple of very strong builds, albeit not a favorite for team mechanics on some maps.

I love my mesmer but...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deviija.7869

Deviija.7869

Somewhat related to LOS (attacks, phantasm spawning, etc) and the topic is how Mesmer got ‘fixed’ but many other classes still have ways to bypass obstructions and doors/walls with their attacks. Many AE Ele attacks on staff and even D/D churning earth can hit people on different levels/heights as long as it’s in the circle. Thief clusterbomb can hit people through doors when you spam it right in front of you. Ranger pets can climb atop of keep walls/Sanctum platforms to attack players. On and on, yet Mesmer is/was the one focused on for fixing (first), when all these issues are still issues since forever.

I love my mesmer but...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zakk.2468

Zakk.2468

WHat does LOS stand for? Trying to figure that one out and im sure its something I know… :P

Any male Asura I make will be named Zakk!
Proud player of Crusader, Arcanist,
Beastmaster, Shadowraider, and Shieldbearer Zakk!

I love my mesmer but...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deimos.6493

Deimos.6493

WHat does LOS stand for? Trying to figure that one out and im sure its something I know… :P

Line of sight

I love my mesmer but...

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Something needed to be done about phantasms and LOS.
It really sucked, but phantasms were far more useful than ground targeted AOE skills that get through walls.

Because it was a targetted attack, I would just call my target and would be able to hit them ANYWHERE in their tower, I didn’t even need to know where they were, I would just walk around the outside walls until I saw that I was in range.
I would routinely down/defeat people while they were standing right in the center of their tower’s ground, all you’d have to do is call the target and they have nowhere to run to where you couldn’t deal 6,000+ damage to them every handful of seconds.

Dragonbrand

(edited by EnRohbi.2187)

I love my mesmer but...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

You’re joking right?

Ele currently has the strongest bunker build.

They have amazing sustain in their bunker spec too plus a whole lot of team support and healing.

People have been learning how to play Ele, Necro, Ranger, Engi and every single one of those classes is formidable in pvp on more than 1 build. Even War has a couple of very strong builds, albeit not a favorite for team mechanics on some maps.

OMFG the elementalist can do one thing better than you? Nerf it!

I love my mesmer but...

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Idk maybe… But I will say while it sucks to fight thieves in WvW (even though I stomped 3 today in 30 min) they have very little group support from what I can see… And whats awesome is mesmers have SOOOO many interrupts at there disposal… and 1 mesmer with timewarp and 4 warriors is like dead anything haha.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer