I'm sorta new to mesmer and would like tips.

in Mesmer

Posted by: thinkfast.8371

thinkfast.8371

Before I get the generic use Google/search bar answer.. I have. I’ve checked YouTube forums reddit etc.. I’m still not really sure what to run for spvp/PvE/zerging/solo roaming wvw.. alot of guides are outdated/patched builds. So any tips you lovely people have for builds/gear etc are all greatly appreciated.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elfindale.4836

Elfindale.4836

spvp, pve, wvw are just 3 very different story, pve means u stack ppcritical, and use basiclly what ever build u want, u will be fine, SPVP is a mess, it has a different system, and by far like a different universe to beginner, u WILL GET DESTROYED anyway when you first started, build varies a lot, try a phantasm build for a start is not a bad idea, PPC will do as well, WvW depending on what you are going to do, follow a pin, ptv, to get max survival, in a battle of 30+v30+ you are just a canon fodder, roaming, go for the most cheesy build, everybody do this, PU based condition build is they way to go.
wvw and pve share the same set of gear, you can advance both of them at the same time with no problem, spvp is the game of skill, thing gets really srs sometimes, if you do not enjoy competitive kind of play plz stay out of it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

If you want to stick with this class for a long time, you could go through the main page of Mesmer subforum and probably reconsider your choice of class. TLDR: this class’s mechanics are considered too abnormal and “cheesy” (whatever that means) by developers, so mesmers get nerfed a lot and their bugs get rarely fixed, resulting in an undiversified and unrewarding gameplay.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Mesmer

thinkfast.8371

spvp, pve, wvw are just 3 very different story, pve means u stack ppcritical, and use basiclly what ever build u want, u will be fine, SPVP is a mess, it has a different system, and by far like a different universe to beginner, u WILL GET DESTROYED anyway when you first started, build varies a lot, try a phantasm build for a start is not a bad idea, PPC will do as well, WvW depending on what you are going to do, follow a pin, ptv, to get max survival, in a battle of 30+v30+ you are just a canon fodder, roaming, go for the most cheesy build, everybody do this, PU based condition build is they way to go.
wvw and pve share the same set of gear, you can advance both of them at the same time with no problem, spvp is the game of skill, thing gets really srs sometimes, if you do not enjoy competitive kind of play plz stay out of it.

I already spvp alot just not as a mesmer so that’s fine I just need a change from my normal play style.

in Mesmer

thinkfast.8371

If you want to stick with this class for a long time, you could go through the main page of Mesmer subforum and probably reconsider your choice of class. TLDR: this class’s mechanics are considered too abnormal and “cheesy” (whatever that means) by developers, so mesmers get nerfed a lot and their bugs get rarely fixed, resulting in an undiversified and unrewarding gameplay.

Well it’s between guard which is my current main (like over 2k hours on him)
Ranger which I hear nothing but bad things about, mesmer which has always seemed fun/useful for just about everything, and warrior which just seems.. Idk easy I guess..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wisler.9485

Wisler.9485

In PvE you can play what you want, it will work. Some builds may take longer to kill something but you will win. Be prepared that others will expect you to play full zerker gear (or near full) if you play dungeons/fractals and let’s be honest: It’s possible to play this way and don’t die. One of the best PvE builds is a Phantasm build and there are many variations. If I play PvE Phantasm, I prefer the one with Mantra Heal.

In WvW it depends if you want to play in a zerg (which is very difficult to do effectivly since the glamour nerf) or solo/group roaming (where we are quite good). Osicat has very good Shatter-builds and the Blackwater build is also quite good for roaming.

Can’t really help you for PvP, because I don’t play it.

The best tip I can give you: Look at the stickies at the top of the Mesmer forum, Fay’s Build List, Osicat’s Shatter Guide and Chaos Archangel’s Mesmer Guide are quite useful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

Builds will change with the upcoming balance patch. If youre in a hurry, check the pinned topics on this mesmer section.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Renner.2574

Renner.2574

Don’t get use to the nifty things we can do with DE, it wont be available much longer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Don’t get use to the nifty things we can do with DE, it wont be available much longer.

It’s a tiny nerf, don’t exxagerate it.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Renner.2574

Renner.2574

I said ‘nifty things’, as in if someone is rezzing an enemy you can dodge over them and daze instantly, or if someone is finishing a team mate off you can dodge and daze. To add pressure you could also illusionary leap to an enemy and dodge before using ‘swap’ and you can apply weakness or bleed which can reduce incoming damage or apply condi pressure.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

If you’re looking for WvW builds then I’d suggest you to check out my twitch channel.

About PvE.. Well.. My thought about PvE was always just run w/e you like as long as it deals damage. It’s not like you gonna fail any dungeon just because you don’t have the correct build.

For sPvP, things are gonna change next patch and not in a positive way. So Idk, wait till next patch for that.
Atm 30-20-0-0-20 is pretty strong in spvp btw. ( With beserkers amulet, lyssa runes and staff-GS or staff- sword/pistol.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

It’s a tiny nerf, don’t exxagerate it.

look who’s exaggerating, such irony.