I need help with mesmer build

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

My first character was a mesmer, and I really liked the playstyle (I ran a custom condition build with staff and sceptor/pistol). However, since then I’ve leveled a necro and a warrior, both of which outperform my mesmer in almost every way (both are also custom builds no hambow lol)

I think the heart of the problem is despite my mesmer’s superior armor, it severely lacks in dealing damage, my mesmer can be decent defensively but really struggles to kill anything with lackluster damage. My necro on the other hand, tanks everything, does insane damage and has little trouble dealing with most threats, and he wears level 10 armor haha.

Are condition mesmers not that good offensively? Or should I tune something?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dracatis.1908

Dracatis.1908

Honestly, I’ve tried a ton of condition based mesmer builds. They just have nerfed our good stuff too hard in my opinion for it to be viable. All our damage conditions are too short and they nuked confusion, our main one, to literal death. I’ve been poking a torment build and tried it in PvP but you can’t take the best sigils for it in there so it might actually be viable, but it doesn’t seem like it.

Currently the only viable builds I see for doing damage are crit-based builds: shatter, mantra, reflect. I run Knights armor if you want to stay somewhat survivable, otherwise you have to depend on utilities to live, which has it’s own positives and negatives.

“We are the makers of the music, we are the dreamers of the dream”
-Willy Wonka(Gene Wilder)