I need some feedback for my Chrono build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nebelparder.3751

Nebelparder.3751

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQRAse8cncfClfi9fCGoBUrhFljqORn0KFtDShM7MAWgJD-TRSBQBA4kAkFlD8b/B8of4iK5okqLkUJ4EfCAHUNCSB41WL-e

I’m pretty new to Mesmer. Now i need some thoughts on my build. What do you think? is it ok? Did i miss anything big?
And i know some skills and traits are situational

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

First of all, you only need one concentration sigil(i.e. you only need one main hand).
Secondly, you need way less commander gear if you use bountiful sharpening stones. In case you need more toughness to ensure you are tanking, just add a few knight accessories.

Build wise it looks fine, although i prefer domination 2-2-2 instead of illusions 1-2-2 as the distortion is nice, cool downs line up better and is more forgiving. I see that you have included timewarp which is fine(may help with the less forgiving illusion build) but not required for permanent quickness once you get a hang of it.

qT has a pretty nice section for mesmers on their website(incl rotations), do check it out and good luck
http://qtfy.eu/build/mesmer

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

in Mesmer

Nebelparder.3751

thanks alot
I only use one sword i just fotgot to let the slot empty.
I used the additional commander gear so that i don’t need an exotic backpiece with platin doubloone (which i dont like) and bountiful food (which is pretty expensive).
If i rly need more dmg i can switch the knights ammulett and accessorie to berserker. Then i still got 1461 toughness. (But perhaps my healthpool is a lil low then)
Is there somewhere a good guide that compares the domi and illusion variante with rotation, pros and cons?

in Mesmer

Nebelparder.3751

Is blurred inscriptions that strong? isn’t blurred frenzy (sword 2) enough shared blur?

in Mesmer

Chris McSwag.4683

The website i posted has both builds, video rotations and descriptions on pros/cons
Just press the recall-rotations tab

Is blurred inscriptions that strong? isn’t blurred frenzy (sword 2) enough shared blur?

Sword 2 is a personal evade, it does not provide group-wide invuln like distortion. So to answer your question, blurred inscriptions is very strong(and mandatory if you want to do a no-green vg)

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

(edited by Chris McSwag.4683)

in Mesmer

Nebelparder.3751

Oh thx i think now i start to see the big pro for domi..
When dou i use signet of ether over well of eternity?

(edited by Nebelparder.3751)

in Mesmer

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

U should never have to..

I’d rather use mantra, trained to heal grp too.. tho I’d bring some healing power if doin that

Usin less cost-efficient food (non utility). Use other variant for ~33% price cost

Unless u wanna keep popping bountiful for utility too to reach 100% bd, this mean ur wasting ~2g/hour minimum and u might just keep wiping with pugs. So slot some exo comm trinkets in such case to ensure that u max out w/o need of utility. Down side is high base toughness if non-tank.

For runes ok, but u don’t need leadership at all. Hace to wonder if that’s main reason so limited supply of pug chrono – difficulty gearing it. U don’t need to grind and waste time on top of coin.

No mentioned it neither, but ur using few soldier trinkets. No need of ths. Use knight if need toughness, heal power over vit to survive better. Dun need tht

Otherwise it looks k.

Ur gonna practice ur rotation tho. Its hard to get & easy to mess up. If u mess up, u fail ur grp too.

Arun Kar

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

What Nagr.1593 is saying is good info. If you want some cheap boon duration, exotic trinkets with platinum doubloons is plenty! If you run say exotic zerk trinkets with plat, you get 24% boon duration (1 ammy, 1 backpack, 2 earrings, 2 rings, at 4% each). That tied with sigil of concentration of 33%, and food of 20%, you’re looking at 77% boon duration already.

Going even cheaper on runes, say herald runes (protection on heal use) of 15%, this puts you to 92% which is enough to keep perma quickness up (I’ve done it without food before, so at 79%, don’t recommend! It was tight.). If herald runes are too difficult to get, a no risk set would be 4 traveler runes with 2 platinum doubloons in your armor (23%).

If you use that, you sit at exactly 100% with sigil of concentration BEFORE you even use a commander item! Also no bountiful sharpening stones! Which means, you’re able to use Superior sharpening stones for extra damage, as you’re already in zerk gear. If you want to tank, you can do similar but getting knight’s trinkets, or commander armor.

(edited by Sorin Noroku.5342)

in Mesmer

Chris McSwag.4683

If you are new to distorting greens at vg, signet of ether can provide an extra source of distortion. Can also be used if you are new to tanking like vg or xera, as you get decent sustain and can recharge your shield block with it

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Really you should be dropping well of recall for signet of midnight if you need extra distortion. I take midnight on VG, gorse (for invulning the patterns), and sloth (for spore shake). You shouldn’t need it anywhere else.

Edit: I take ether signet at deimos actually. It provides better ticking heals for when I have to tank the big attack with a block.

(edited by Fay.2357)

in Mesmer

Chris McSwag.4683

Really you should be dropping well of recall for signet of midnight if you need extra distortion. I take midnight on VG, gorse (for invulning the patterns), and sloth (for spore shake). You shouldn’t need it anywhere else.

Edit: I take ether signet at deimos actually. It provides better ticking heals for when I have to tank the big attack with a block.

Why would you drop well of recall rather than eternity? Unless you have very inexperienced druids(or ppl that the druids cant keep up with) the area healing is not needed and youre better off providing more alacrity to the group.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

in Mesmer

Posted by: Catastro.8410

Catastro.8410

I assume it’s because Signet of Midnight is instant cast and on a rather low cd, making it much for forgiving for Distortion share, since you don’t have to interrupt whatever it is you’re doing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

I’m inclined to agree with Mr Swag but I just to add on to it and say that I’d not take signet of either for those cases either. For deimos tho, special case so I will take mantra healing (with trained to heal grp). Aoe heal and good burst heal is enough for minstrel tank this boss, currently hardest boss for pugs atm (dunno why).

VG and gors the extra distort could be useful, but it’s not rly needed if ur a tank that knows how to move and when. For gorse, healers will help outheal all but last 1 usually so one distort usually enough. For sloth, u don’t need nothin and no u dun even need to take feedback. Maximize for help grp and bring meta skills/utilities. Single distort fine as long as u save it for shakes past 50%, they will always be off cd as long as u maintain alacrity bonus. Though I say change traits slightly, such as medics feedback and focus recharge traits. The medics feedback quite useful here as tons of scrubs in pugs will consistently down at opportune moments. So it’s win win

Arun Kar

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Catastro has the right of it. Signet of midnight is instant and has an 8 second lower traited cooldown, making it far better for distortion sharing. Instant means you don’t have to interrupt what you’re doing to pop it, and the lower cooldown means you can reliably have it up every time you need it. Additionally, the vast majority of your alacrity upkeep comes from the shield phantasms, not the wells. If your group is playing properly and you are keeping your shield phantasms up, you will still be maintaining 100% alacrity.

@nagr: You don’t use the signet on VG, Gorse, and Sloth simply because your groups aren’t skilled enough to use the tactics that I am using. On VG we don’t get the green circles. Instead, we let the mesmers invuln the green circle hits so that we can maintain 100% melee damage uptime on the boss. On Gorseval we don’t move out of the black aoes during the breakbar attack. Instead, we let the mesmers invuln the black aoe hits so that we can maintain 100% melee damage uptime on the boss. Lastly, for Sloth we simply stack tightly on the boss and invuln the melee range hits of spore shake, allowing for 100% melee damage uptime on the boss.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

On VG we don’t get the green circles. Instead, we let the mesmers invuln the green circle hits so that we can maintain 100% melee damage uptime on the boss.

Holy kittens…I dunno why this never struck me. /facepalm My guild is new at raiding and we are relying on the know-how of two members who have gotten kills before but as a necro and an ele, so I have no experienced tanks to tell me how things go. This makes total sense and as to why we take the Domi line in the first place if you don’t bother with greens and can just distort through the damage. Takes a bit of knowledge though, knowing when to distort, gives me something to learn the timing on for sure to make me a better tank.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

On VG we don’t get the green circles. Instead, we let the mesmers invuln the green circle hits so that we can maintain 100% melee damage uptime on the boss.

Holy kittens…I dunno why this never struck me. /facepalm My guild is new at raiding and we are relying on the know-how of two members who have gotten kills before but as a necro and an ele, so I have no experienced tanks to tell me how things go. This makes total sense and as to why we take the Domi line in the first place if you don’t bother with greens and can just distort through the damage. Takes a bit of knowledge though, knowing when to distort, gives me something to learn the timing on for sure to make me a better tank.

Yep, it’s a much more challenging strategy to execute as it places a huge burden on the mesmers to do things right. Miss an invuln, risk a wipe. If the mesmers are confident and strong at the timing though, it allows your party to really push heavy damage on VG.

in Mesmer

Nebelparder.3751

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQNAs+cncfClfi9fCGoBUrhFVjqOZn2qlMAGhi7MIWipD-TRSBQBA4kAcRlc8b/BKp6Ce0LcFlDkUJ4EfAAHUNCSBE4YA-e
Thats the current state of my chrono. At the moment i try to get comfortable with the rotations.
For tanking i need around 1450 toughness to get higher than the warriors with the revive trait, right? is it better to get that with food or a knight amulett?
Is the might on fried golden dumpling worth it?
(I like this video it doesn’t cover the newest patch changes but it helped me to understand some things https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsTi-pOI4QE)

(edited by Nebelparder.3751)