I think I can safely say

I think I can safely say

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Unfortunately, my grandmother could test patches better than the dev team at Anet. The fact that every single patch they put out contains a new bug is astonishing. It seriously implies that they don’t actually do any testing other than a nominal once-over to see if the specific thing they were trying to fix is fixed. This is not the way to debug a game, this is not the way to patch a game, and this is not the way to keep people playing a game.

In other words, ArenaNet, GET YOUR kitten TOGETHER!!

I think I can safely say

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hockmed.9417

Hockmed.9417

This class was why I play this franchise. Should have expected this after how long it took anet to get mesmer right in gw1. Oh well, they have the money. Not like they have to make the class good to keep people playing and keep the money rolling in.

I hope someone gets hired that wont break the bugs more with “fixes” soon. I really want to like the game, but breaking classes every patch instead of fixing them is getting pretty old.

Anyway, off to find my flight sim discs. At least I know what to expect when I log in there.

I think I can safely say

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I’ve just tested the Phantasmal Berserker after today’s patch:

1. Phantasmal Berserker’s damage is still not fixed. Its attacks damage are still inconsistent and no where close to the state it was before Nov 15th patch.

2. Phantasms and not only just Berserker now suffers a delay before they will initiate their first attack. Often times they’ll get destroyed or significantly damaged due to delayed Signet of Illusions not granting them health bonus before phantasms initiate their first attack.

The current state of Phantasms is even worse than before. At this point, I’m really feeling frustrated by this.

I’ve noticed this as well. iBerserker still doesn’t hit reliably (sometime missing a stationary dummy completely). Also, the delay is quite a disadvantage to the mesmer. Against all other professionals a player gets one dodge. Against a mesmer phantasm, they now get two, and the second one is easier.

I think I can safely say

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

I’ve noticed this as well. iBerserker still doesn’t hit reliably (sometime missing a stationary dummy completely). Also, the delay is quite a disadvantage to the mesmer. Against all other professionals a player gets one dodge. Against a mesmer phantasm, they now get two, and the second one is easier.

Actually it competly messes up my timing against GS noo…err, players :p
Before it was like, you see him lift up his sword, bam dodge, whatever dude.
Now it’s like, you see him lift up his sword, brainfreeze for 1sec, then dodge…

No seriously,
I think they tried fixing the iBers bug by adding a delay after the phantasm appears, so that every hit gets registered
OR
They want to make it easier for new pvp players to dodge phantasm attacks.

Anyway, it’s not very effective, and pve noo…err, players complain again

I think I can safely say

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

So now people have a chance to blind or dodge our summon, then if we get it off they have adequate warning if they want to try and dodge it a second time to take no damage.

Working as intended. Players have complained about Mesmer to the point that the developers felt it only fair that when spawning a Phantasm that any player should not only be able to have time to avoid, run away, kill it, laughdoadancerunalltheirskills, but to have a full 1 second AFTER the animation so that they wouldn’t have to listen/read all the qq’ing.

Can I get a full second to respond after teleport from steal before it goes off and another second before backstab pls? Oh oh and 2 seconds after updraft has been used because it has such a long duration knockdown. Banish too maybe, and double all these timings for Asura because they’re so small and much harder to read.

I have a hard time stomaching this as a fix. 1st in PvP it gives far too much time to respond. 2nd in WvW phantasms are dead to the zerg before they are of any benefit. 3rd PvE don’t expect to keep up with the DE farming just reroll.

(edited by Wise.8025)

I think I can safely say

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Can I get a full second to respond after teleport from steal before it goes off and another second before backstab pls? Oh oh and 2 seconds after updraft has been used because it has such a long duration knockdown. Banish too maybe, and double all these timings for Asura because they’re so small and much harder to read.

/Claps

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

I think I can safely say

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

For everyone still trying to be positive about this profession, you’re a kitten idiot. They have nerfed us and nerfed us. Part of me thinks it’s some part of a psychological experiment where they test the limits players are willing to put up with utter bull crap. I loved this game. I still love parts of it. The graphics, inspired by the concept artists work, is beautiful. The concept of the races is marvelous. The gameplay is complete kitten if you aren’t playing a warrior. What do they want us to do? Is there some type of build were too dumb to see that they are pointing us to? Tell me what I’m missing?

I know why Guild Wars is always looking to hire new programmers now. The ones they have are utterly garbage. Either they have no idea how changing the code will actually affect a mechanic before they release it live, or they don’t give a kitten’s kitten. I think the total makeover kit should allow me to change professions. This is bull crap. Once again. Thanks for “fixing” us.

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief

I think I can safely say

in Mesmer

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

I can safely say that Anet AGAIN introduced a new bug when fixing an old one. My Izerker is dead before he does anything half the time and thats with the fury trait.
Thanks for nothing.

How do these things make it through the test ? or do they even test their patches I wonder.

Hahaha, testing…. on mesmers…. haha, good one. If anything, they only test Warriors and Thieves. “Hey, can you still faceroll kill people with your Thief?” “Yes, and you with your Warrior?” “Yes. So we’re good to go, release the ‘patch’.”

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

I think I can safely say

in Mesmer

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

While you wait for a fix you could just play around the current state by drawing attention away from the summon, then using it.

I think I can safely say

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

run a charr clones+warband elite skill

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

I think I can safely say

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Yep been looking at other boards on this forum and it looks like people still think Mesmers are top tier/OP, so even after these patches have turned us into a bug filled wet napkin of a class we can still expect even more nerfs.

I suppose we can’t blame Anet 100%. How would they know that their community would react so negativity to the idea of having to use your brain in PvP combat. Still it would be nice if they didn’t base balancing around PvP whiners or you know at least tested the changes first.

I think I can safely say

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Most of the people that say such things have never played a mesmer. It’s not that the class was that OP, it was more that the class attracted the better players. Put an average mesmer player behind a truly op class (Warrior or thief), give him some time to get proficent, he’ll rofl stomp everyone.

Truth hurts. Rather than learn to play they just cry for nerfs. Hence, we’re brought down to average through handicaps.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”