I want an Elite Mantra

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xocolatl.6890

Xocolatl.6890

I have no bias here. I only happen to love Mantra build, as well as run in.

OK, yeah, I’m a little biased..but I would love some elite Mantra skill.
Maybe a Mantra that recharges other Mantras? Maybe a flexible one that heals if target is friendly, but damage if target is enemies? I would prefer if it has a bit of a shorter cooldown (45sec or less, since Mantras are mostly single target, short-lived spells).

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

If it were a 350 radius dd+heal i’d probably never run anything else.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Xocolatl.6890

Sorry, but how big is 350? Just outside of melee range? I guess DD or Heal for that range would still be quite fair.

Maybe even a Mantra that adds mobility? Mantra build tends to lack that.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

And it should cook chicken for us also.
:p

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

Mantra that spawns 3 illusions instantly.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: NrocPuos.6103

NrocPuos.6103

Mantra that spawns 3 illusions instantly.

yes! so cool.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

Mantra that recharges also other mantras by 1 charge.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: gymdawg.6347

gymdawg.6347

How about a mantra that gives all nearby enemies all conditions and all nearby allies all buffs? that’d be some team support.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

Mantra that grants reflection for 1 second.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheComet.6471

TheComet.6471

I’ve thought of this, have a few ideas in mind:

-Instant chant mantra: Pop this mantra and your next mantra chant is instant.
-AoE chill mantra
-Mantra recharge mantra: At the end of the chant, all mantras are recharged. no charges for this one.
-Regeneration Mantra: each use gives 10s regeneration with a 5s cooldown per charge

Kaineng – Co-Leader of Skrittical Hits
Sybol – Healing Bunker Charr Mesmer (80)
Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

All good ideas… maybe next expansion.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Well, most ideas contradict with the “2 charges rule” of mantras. Like “recover 1 charge of all other mantras” would be overpowered since you could use it twice.

Personally, I’d like to have the ability to “mantrafy” “all” of the othe rutility spells. Doesn’t matter if it’s an utility or elite. Basically select the mantrafy followed by the utility spell. The new mantra has the ability of the selected utility spell, but with 2 charges and a initial mantra cast. The mantra CD equals to ~1.5x the utilities’ CD and the charge CD <=0.5×. This would create alot mantra builds probably without overpowering them.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I want an elite mantra which once again has a strong effect in return for only one charge.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: daita.7204

daita.7204

an elite mantra that create 2 different mesmer portals; only useable in WvW !!

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Portal would be an interesting Elite ability.
Say 3m CD, 3m duration, but only builds one charge every 2,5 seconds (but can pre-stack as many as you want to wait for, for ~70 total realistically).

A Mantra of Life would also be interesting, single charge which when your Downed state is killed/finished actually shatters your downed form, spawning you on top of it in standing.

Or an Arcane Mimicry, copies+uses (immediately, if you interrupt the cast it is wasted) the target’s elite ability (usable on friendly targets!). Friendly AEs are always placed under you, damaging AEs under the target (even if friendly!), other stuff is casted directly. Elites which cannot realistically apply to the Mesmer are blocked and another random one from the other class+race combo is selected.
Heh, Asura Mesmer becomes the Bear. That’d make me buy the entire game again all over.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Xocolatl.6890

A lot of nifty ideas..but I think messing with down state is awesome.

“Mantra of Deception” — on use, make an illusion of yourself in downed state. The fun part: either you gain stealth for 2-3seconds, OR the clone explode after 2-3 seconds or when killed, dealing AoE damage.
Basically, it gives you just about enough time to recharge one Mantra, as well as create some confusion, or use it to lure in the enemy and deal some damage.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: jump Efflorescence fatal.3584

jump Efflorescence fatal.3584

Xocolatl, whenever I’ve fought a Mesmer in PvP I’ve thought that that would be a amazing spell for Mesmers to have.

When you look at eveything the Mesmer can do together with the general mechanics of the game, these elements combined practically demand that such a spell be made!

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Voodoo Tina.4180

Voodoo Tina.4180

Mantra of Celerity – 3 sec of quickness

It was our missing elite in GW, and a mantra, so it would be nice to finally get it now.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gubrz.7283

Gubrz.7283

elite mantra

charge a spell that allows you to create 1-3 clones or phantasms
(random amount and random clone/phant option)

or

charge a spell that boggles the mind of your target, turning all foes visually into clones of yourself

mmmmm pvpness!

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

I want a mantra that fires a gigantic pew pew megalaser killing everything on its way so that people are gonna be so focused about it and QQ that they’re gonna leave all our other skills/mechanics alone and only get this one nerfed. Best elite a mesmer could dream of imo.
On a more serious note, a mantra recharging all the mantra (a bit like the renewed focus recharging virtues of guardian) would be really nice.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

A Mantra that grants wishes, and yes, you can wish for more mantra wish makers!

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: jobah.7241

jobah.7241

“Nirvana”: Elite Mantra: Summon a Buddha that makes peace in the world. Can be used a second time to make all dragons go to sleep.
Cooldown: can only be used once every game

Peace

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Heh, the Wish-skill vom D&D could be slightly overpowered as an elite. :P

Another iteration of my idea:

Illusion of Invulnerability
Cast an illusion which seemingly makes you invulnerable for 10 seconds. You still lose health, but you cannot fall to the ground. When this effect ends you are downed, and cannot be revived for the next 5 seconds. You will still gain health, but you cannot get up.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Garr.1823

Garr.1823

Hmmm… Yes, any elete mantra skill will be very interesting.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

i’d prefer if the elite skills would receive a category, that way they can have their cooldown reduced or something.

because afaik, mesmer is the only class with elite skills that no traits affect (except for the 1 second longer stealth, which is kitten).

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xlll.9075

Xlll.9075

I have wanted an Elite mantra for the 4% increased dmg, regardless of the active bonus. maybe this is not huge benefit vs Time Wrap, but an option.
Now I read your post and I would vote for 2 charges of
Mantra of Deception : create a downed clone while stealth for 2-4 sec, any movement breaks stealth, but no dmg when killed/(stick with pole), instead the clone roll with a laugh when a finishing move is performed
added confusion status to finisher would be great

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

because afaik, mesmer is the only class with elite skills that no traits affect (except for the 1 second longer stealth, which is kitten).

If Mass Invisibility was actually Mass Invisibility, it’d be kitten sweet. :P

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

I’d like a Well elite on my Necro, if I may chip in You guys can have a mantra if I can have a Well

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Well of Tears? :P

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Mantra Trait is why they don’t have an elite Mantra, I think. Oh well, it’d be easy to tweak it.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

It would be. That trait is nearly the core of our Mantra issues.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I would go for Mantra of Immortality: grants brief Distortion and extended Protection and Regeneration.

I should be writing.

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Mantra of Remorse
Applies 8 stacks of confusion on target for 3 seconds. 2 casts before going on full recharge.

A condition damage option, intended to let the mesmer apply a lot of confusion very quickly with very little warning. The numbers are mostly made up, but it should be quite a few stacks of Confusion with a rather short duration, to emphasis the instant cast and precise timing nature of Mantras.

I doubt they’ll be adding new skills, even elite skills, for a long while yet… But it is fun to try and come up with things to fill categories that are elite-less, like Wells or Consecrations.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Mantra of the Moa.
Single use.
Turn yourself and 5 enemies into moas for 4 seconds. Lol

Mantra of Aparation
Based on your weapon, summon 3 phantasms with 50% more health, and take on the form of a phantasm for 5 seconds taking 50% more damage. Every 2 seconds your possition is switched with a phantasm for the duration of this ability.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

(edited by bradderzh.2378)

I want an Elite Mantra

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solesaver.8764

Solesaver.8764

Well, I want an elite Clone generator. And an elite stealth would be nice for my thief too…