I will END her!!

I will END her!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Liadri, that is. I will end her.

Please, and advice on how to defeat Liadri will receive much appreciation. I have watched youtube vids and read guides, but I can’t seem to bloody defeat her.

So far, I am using:

Sword/focus and Greatsword
Feedback, blink, alternating signet,
Take Root elite (sylvari racial skill)
Traits vary 0/4-6/x/6/x
Bowls of Orrian and meat stew
Clones coming from dodges

I have tried the confusion route, heavy reflect route, distortion signet route…I’m running out of options.

This is how it usually goes down:

1. Get rid of the first rift
2. Lead the first shadow into the light, throw it on liadri.
3. lead 2nd shadow into the the next light
4. cripple 3rd shadow that appears, then throw the crystal at liadri. At this time the 4th shadow pops up, followed by the 5th usually behind.
5. lead 4th shadow into 3rd light – oh hell, shadows everywhere. I usually can’t grab the crystal. It’s either surrounded by shadows, or in the middle of her aoes. Or both. By the time the 4th crystal appears, I generally won’t have enough time to beat liadri in phase 2. And usually, by the time I get her vulnerable…oh gosh. So many shadows. I can’t CC them in time.

Blurred frenzy is used to dodge the aoes in the first phase (but I can easily dodge-roll too)

Has anyone tried portals? It works surprisingly well when comboed with take root. The pods remove all of her adds, and I become invulnerable from damage. I drop a portal earlier, and when I need an escape, take root, drop the other portal, escape, and continue fighting. And the portal stays up long enough that I can use it again like a thief’s shadowstep.

Advice, please, anything.

I will END her!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

I will END her!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

im pretty sure you can just focus pull the shadows and then take the crystal

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

I will END her!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: lordmenting.5708

lordmenting.5708

Or when there are too many shadows let em blow themselves up on you whilest you use blurred frenzy or f4

I will END her!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: cDKI.8352

cDKI.8352

This build is what I have suggested to friends who have trouble playing as a mesmer;

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQJArMl0npItloxMtR4NmTmSJoMniKZA3C-e

There’s no need to be cute with specific armor or runes, you just run around spamming phantasms and using the block skills. Your dodge should be reserved for panic situations, and not clone generation.

You can face-tank Liadri in phase 1 using berserker armor just by spamming mantra of pain and recovery on cooldown. MoP is also great at killing orbs.

In phase 2, just kite and keep blocks/phantasms on cooldown.

Good Luck.

I will END her!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

like I posted in another thread.

1. Use the same cage everytime.
2. Stealth helps a lot with throwing shards , pick up shard dodge into the shades also work.
3. stage 2 stick around the center of the cage to make it easier to get to save areas.

Focus helps but not needed, reflection helps not needed. Honestly it’s all about timing. Everything else just helps not required.

I will END her!!

in Mesmer

Arikyali.5804

I think my main struggle is grabbing the crystal when it’s surrounded by shadows. The first and second are no problem, but the third is usually dropped where I can’t retrieve it. What kind of skills can help me grab the crystal, and avoid the shadows? I tried clone once, but somehow still died.

I will END her!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I powered through ~15 tickets and downed her tonight. I never attempted her in the initial run of the gauntlet for whatever reason (was probably too chicken/unwilling to keep changing my traits).

I did not attempt the 8-orb achievement. I have to get better at the fight before I feel that will be within my grasp -- one victory is hardly sufficient!

beserker gear all around
I went with a 4-6-0-4-0 trait setup, with the main traits being Greatsword Training in Dom (for phase 2), Harmonious Mantras in Dueling for more cleansing of cripple, and the typical Warden’s Feedback in Inspiration for phase 1. Fill out the others as you want, but for example I took Persisting Images in Insp figuring my iZerkers might last a little longer.
mirror heal, blink, decoy or feedback, mantra of recovery

As you seem to already be doing, phase 1 is just reflects with the focus skills / mirror heal (also slight strafing back and forth is sufficient to make her attacks go way wide). You can more or less sit on greatsword for phase 2 -- reserve blink for emergencies during the AoEs, and make sure to use Illusionary Wave to knock her and/or the shadows away.

I was initially using feedback for additional reflects in phase 1, but that seemed overkill with the focus reflects and the strafing. I swapped feedback out for decoy, and I slotted my elite as mass invis. I found that these, while perhaps a crutch in others’ eyes, allowed me some moments to gain more breathing room.

Perhaps similarly taking decoy and mass stealth will give you some time to sit back and kitten the situation as you need amid the increased number of shadows that are spawned after she’s vulnerable.

Really phase 2 felt like it was just a matter of staying calm and being aware of your common mistakes. For me, that was constantly running in a circle always away from Liadri instead of taking it more calmly and mitigating my speed as the pattern required. I also ignored the rifts in several attempts, which is terrible especially when they pull you into an AoE you just dodged. Some of that is RNG, some of that was surely my poor play in those attempts.

You may also benefit from swapping to the sword/focus set to drop Temporal Curtain on the group of shadows, either to cripple them or to pull them all over away from you.

Perhaps the above is all common sense to mesmers, but having successfully beaten her I suppose I am still on a self-congratulatory high. I need to face her on some other classes now and prove to myself that I really have the fight down.

(edited by synk.6907)

I will END her!!

in Mesmer

Arikyali.5804

Alright, so I’m getting better at my Liadri fights. Closest I got was getting her to quarter health left – before a rift pulled me into an aoe. Ugh.

I need more advice:

What heal is optimal? Started with mirror, doesn’t heal enough. The signet took too long of a cooldown. Ether feast seems to be the best, if I can just keep illusions up. but I also have issues with its cooldown.

Which ultimate skill would you advise? Take root doesn’t help enough in the 2nd phase – it holds you down too long, and only helpful if comboed with portal (which I stopped doing. Was fun, but the rifts messed up the timings anyway). I cannot seem to use TW effectively, so I’ll try MI next time around. I want to hear what others used.

In the 2nd phase, I only keep to the GS, but I feel like I don’t do enough dps on her. Too busy running for my life to do anything but spawn illusions. I need to kill her fast – the rifts give me a lot of trouble.

Run clockwise, or counterclockwise?

I play really risky – sometimes too risky. What’s the safe distance to spam skills before the shadows get too close?

Having another teleport is very tempting. Can switching to a staff do efficient damage on Liadri? I am a zerker mesmer, so I don’t optimize condition damage. My gears are zerker focused.

I’m struggling tanking her with full zerker in the first phase, since I don’t have my favored zerker trait/skill setups. I’m usually at very risky low health by the 3rd crystal throw. I have a 2nd armor set for survivability, but it’s strictly for my PvE soloist. While it makes me ridiculously tanky, I know it won’t allow me to do enough damage on Liadri within the time limit.

(edited by Arikyali.5804)

I will END her!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Hi there,

Im just gonna describe how i did it on my mesmer. Hopefully it will answer most of the issues you’re facing.

My build 0/6/6/2/0 (Dueling I, X, XI; Chaos III, V, XII, Insp IV), full zerker gear, greatsword, sword + torch, using Mirror Heal, Blink, Decoy, Mantra of Resolve, Mass Invi Elite.

Food using the one gives you extra 40% endurance regen rate.

The Fight:
Phase 1:
- I find and destroy the first pulling orb.
- I position myself with the first swirl to lure the clone into it while strafing left/right to avoid Liadri’s autoattack. I time the blurred frenzy against the AoE so I stand ground and make sure getting the first orb, then throw at her. By this time, I might have got hit a couple of times by Liadri’s aa and my health usually is at 70%, use Mirror heal.
- I position myself with the next swirl (this one is located near edge of the arena, stand behind it facing the approaching clone, again the aoe will fall upon me and luckily blurred frenzy just gets off cd so i use it again to stand my ground.
I quickly grab the 2nd orb and throw at her before another spawned clone nearby gets to blow up in my face.
- By now, I expect another pulling orb spawning so I look for it then slash it down asap.
- I find the 3rd swirl and quickly realize lots of clones nearby, again i position myself to lure all of them into the swirl, when one turns into an orb, I use Torch #4 to blind the remaining clones and go stealth, so I walk up near them and grab the 3rd orb. Even if I step of stealth and they blow up on me, they will still miss (because of the blind) and I survive.

Phase 2:
- As soon as I throw the 3rd orb, I dodge towards the edge of the arena.
- I might use Mass Invi to buy me some time to reposition myself
- I switch the Greatsword and keep moving around the edge of the arena, consistently with the aoe fall pattern.
- I summon iZerker to dps Liadri whenever the skill is off CD, and use Mirror blade whenever my char is facing her.
- I dodge her lunge attack and if I fail to do that, I cleanse the conditions immediately.
- I blink to the opposite side whenever Liadri and her clones converge on me, sometimes I use Gs #5 skill to push them away, giving me space as well.
- Normally I just move out of the aoe before it falls, I dont spam dodge just to move out of the aoe before it falls, I time my dodge to literally evade the aoe fall when I think I can’t move out of it in time normally.
- The aoe fall attack alternates so I can just move back and forth around the edge to avoid them, however, this means eventually there will be a lot of clones and Liadri approaching me, so I blink to the opposite corner.
- Another way I do it would be I keep moving counterclockwise or clockwise (doesn’t matter) consistently with the aoe pattern.
- As long as I dont panick and waste my dodge/blink/stealth. I will dps her with my autoattack/iZerker/Mirror Blade and beat her quickly.

As u can see the way I did it, i need not dodge once in phase 1 and blind works wonder against her clones (don’t believe me? try signet of midnight)
Hope all that helps with your fight and best luck.

(edited by keenlam.4753)

I will END her!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I will END her!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

tip phase 1 strafe back and forth will make her miss you with 1/3 to 1/2 of the attacks.
phase2 the red area is shaped like a number 8. That leaves 2 safe spots, thus if you stay close to the middle of the cage you can easily move or dodge into a safe area.