[Idea] Boon-Rip Traits

[Idea] Boon-Rip Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Shatter Entchantments replaces Rending Shatter
Deal damage if you remove a boon from an enemy.

Inspired Enchantment replaces Disruptor’s Sustainment
When you remove a boon from a foe this boon will be granted to you in half of its remaining duration.

• Duration *1/2
    ICD: 0s or 5s

Air of Disenchantment replaces Vengeful Images
Phantasms remove a boon on death.

• 1 Boon removed

These are just some random Ideas. Comment pls
~ Me Games Ma

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

[Idea] Boon-Rip Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

This is something mesmer needs to be brought forward, putting ICD on them is going to make them pretty useless though. I don’t think I would ever take that 1st one, and the second one is way to random.

I’d really like to see something like this, since we didn’t get a single worthwhile GM trait out of 5 from the last patch.

Power Transfer replaces Power Block
Steal 2 boons from your target when you interrupt them.

It’s powerful, deserving of a GM trait, stupid builds like PU wont be able to grab it unless they give up clone on dodge (not gonna happen), same for shatter builds. It will make going interrupt spec worth it along with halting strike and the vuln stacking, maybe we can start running something besides shatter in SPvP.

(edited by Zepidel.5349)

[Idea] Boon-Rip Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

I really like the first two but I hate the idea of ICDs on them. Our boon strips already have CDs and those should be enough when you balance the skills.

Rending shatter and shattered concentration together though… It might have to be bumped to master for an alternate 6/4/0/0/4 boon shatter build. Or just phantasmal disenchanter. So much QQ over people too silly to destroy it. Sword clones would also have a bit of oomph behind their attacks.

[Idea] Boon-Rip Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Why would you replace Power Block with something weaker? :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

[Idea] Boon-Rip Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Why would you replace Power Block with something weaker? :P

The 10 sec cooldown doesn’t work on auto attacks and is utterly useless against a thief. I know a lot of the meta specs, and tried learning their animations and prioritized what should and shouldn’t be interrupted. The problem is almost every skill in the game uses a 0.75 sec cast time, take in account reaction time and latency… and you have something that is really hit and miss, even after putting into the hours upon hours of homework (can you think of any other trait that requires knowing every spec and class in the game to operate at 100%?)… it still turns out pretty spammy and unreliable, between guardian block, warrior stability uptime its even worse.

2 boon steal is just better overall.

[Idea] Boon-Rip Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

I think, without ICD, the 1st one might be a little bit OP. Imagine a full shatter, dealing (in addition to the shatter) also 2 times the dmg of Halting strike (4 boons removed).

Even though I like the idea of dmg on boonremoval, I could imagine that this would make Mesmer a little bit too much a counter for guardians and eles.
I suppose a Lockdown build using shattered Enchantements would completly destroy an ele.

Inspired Enchantment looks interesting.

But I stick with my opinion, that if we want a viable Lockdown/interrupt Mesmer, there has to be a change on the initiative system, or Mesmer needs another weapon vs. thieves.