[Idea] Mirage Mirror charges

in Mesmer

Posted by: Skuzz.6580

Skuzz.6580

I’ve read through a lot of feedback and other ideas to improve this class, and I believe that changing this little thing I have an idea about could potentially make a big impact on the overall playstyle and how fluent it is.

Basically, my idea would be:
When you pick up a Mirage Mirror it gets stored (new mechanic, think of it like 3-5 empty mirror icons above your dodge bar that can be filled up by picking Mirrors up).
When you dodge roll while too low on endurance to do so it will instead consume a Mirror charge and activate the dodge roll action.

essentially how this plays out is that you dodge a few times (making sure you have enough endurance so that your mirrors don’t get consumed yet), storing up Mirrors in the meantime, and then do a big dodge chain consuming all your accumulated mirrors in fast succession for a lot of ambush triggers in a short window.

A different approach is to give you another F ability to consume the mirrors manually instead of relying on being Endurance starved before they get automatically consumed.

You can do a lot of cool things with these charges on a lot of different skills or traits, you can for instance get a stacking buff increasing clone/illusion/ambush damage by x%, adding a stack when you ‘consume’ a Mirage Mirror charge.

I just feel Mirage Mirrors should be a far bigger mechanical part of Mesmer, there is so much room for creativity here.
Grabbing Mirrors to evade just seems weird and a lot of times counter intuitive.

Just an idea of course

(edited by Skuzz.6580)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I think the problem with threads like these is that they have less than a month before they’re releasing PoF. This may sound like something “really easy to make” but we don’t know ANet’s backend spaghetti. Even if it were something easy to implement in that system, it would usually take over a month to push through the pipeline.

Yeah, it’s great that you have your own cool idea about how to make Mirage better, but in a realistic sense, the only thing that’s going to happen is tuning and maybe some minor trait movements or updates.

Sorry, I don’t mean to pick on you specifically, but there are a ton of threads like these that have been popping up since the first preview and it’s not actually useful discussion outside of theoretical “what could have been”.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Yeah the trivial “fix” to Mirage Mirror is:

• Lasts 8-12 seconds.
  • All Deception-skills spawn them (making it their “thing”), including Jaunt which places it where you left.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

All deception skills really should be spawning a mirror, with sand through glass generating 2 (one where you start and 1 where you end). I agree with that.

The proposed change is interesting for sure, but its still a pain if we have to go pick them up still, at that point I’d rather just have the mirrors be given to us as a charge, with some indication ingame to other players (maybe a small mirror following us around?). So we get a mirror and its immediately granted as a charge that we can then use at our leisure.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

• Lasts 8-12 seconds.
  • All Deception-skills spawn them (making it their “thing”), including Jaunt which places it where you left.

Really? I thought the trivial fix was:

-Delete them all
-Reduce Deception cooldowns by 5-10 secs each

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

• Lasts 8-12 seconds.

Really? I thought the trivial fix was:

-Delete them all
-Reduce Deception cooldowns by 5-10 secs each

I would much rather have free dodges + ambush skills than to have shorter deception CDs

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna