Idea for new Elite Skill

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emerahl.2603

Emerahl.2603

Butterfly effect/form – elite mesmer transformation – turns into a cloud of pink/purple butterflies (i.e. like the shatter animation or active portal but more butterflies).
Acts like ele’s tornado or necro’s plague form creating an effect every second in the radius of the form.

All illusions are destroyed when entering the transformation, cd 150/180s, lasts 20s, gives 20s stability, increase base toughness and vitality (enough so that the mesmer is not a sitting duck, considered 20% reduction in damage for each illusion destroyed upon entering the form). Mesmer does no attack damage in this form.
3 skills only one active at a time.

Skill 1: removes one condition from each ally in range and gives one random condition to each enemy in range, ticks once per second (random condition can be anything except fear, stacks and duration dependant on balance of skill although should not be longer than 3s max since it ticks every second). Radius 900

Skill 2: removes one boon from each enemy in range and gives one random boon to each ally in range, ticks once per second (random boons stacks and duration dependant on balance of skill although should not be longer than 3s max since it ticks every second). Radius 900

For both skills could have more stack/longer boons/conditions if it didn’t tick as often.

Skill 3: creates an area of reflection around the mesmer reflecting all enemy projectiles (stops reflection if enemy are inside or outside the radius, i.e. like feedback, so the mesmer could hover over the enemies or your allies to get the reflection or just stand in the middle). Radius 600

The skill is to be for group support. I know mesmers already have skills that can do these things but we can’t always take those weapons, utilities and traits.

It’s just an idea for an elite, I know it will never happen. I was just bored and decided to share. I would still like people’s opinions on it.

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Sounds fun, I would probably try it out over mass invis on occasion.

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i’d rather have some mantra that launches targets far away

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I’d rather have moa as our transformation. Altering ourselves isn’t really “mesmer-like” in my mind. I’m thinking an elite mantra(like the guy above’s idea) would be a better suit for our class.

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

What about a magical mesmer book? Smthing like guardians have but then mesmer form with lots of dazes, boon share and controling conditions like chill, weakness and such.

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaurniven.2065

Xaurniven.2065

What about a magical mesmer book? Smthing like guardians have but then mesmer form with lots of dazes, boon share and controling conditions like chill, weakness and such.

Lol, not to be offensive or anything but it sounds kinda like a wanna-be-ish skill if you get what I mean. Would be cool, not gonna lie.

However back to the main topic, that’s a great idea! Maybe we can also do that if people get in range then they get some kind of Condition onto them. Like we’re a plague sort of thing.

Fury By Furry |Given Fury | Furiously Small | Furiously Risen | Serayath

[RaW] Sassari – Commander

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Well lots of things are kinda ‘’wanna-be’’. I just start to suggest things that are already in the game instead of comming up with amazing but non exsisting things because those will never come by due the lazyness of arenanet.

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emerahl.2603

Emerahl.2603

I have thought about a mantra elite before but its kinda complicated. It involved creating 3 clones at right angles from your target (at your current distance from target) then randomly swap location every time a charge is used.

Personally I don’t like having more than one mantra and mantra of resolve is usually on my bar. If you would rather have a mantra elite what would you want it to do?

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

1 & 2 made me think of this elite as a sort of roving Chaos Storm meets necro wells. I like it a lot. Good for support and condition builds.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

I Would Like a phantasm as Elite.
Maybe a real phantasmal rogue. Grants 3sec stealth on usage, phantasm performs the downed skill atk (that backstab wnb). 20-30sec cd

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

I would really love to see an elite mantra althought it’s hard to think of a mantra with high cd/big effect.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Elite phantasm could be like Engi’s Supply Drop. All of our phantasms arrive en masse (independent of the 3 illusion limit and cannot be shattered) and attack random targets in the area until their timer runs out (I think that’s better than despawning after target dies).

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

I guess that Would be too powerfull :-D

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dracatis.1908

Dracatis.1908

Hmm… how about combine the two ideas.

Have a Mantra Form for 50 seconds(300 second CD, 5 second cast, counts as a Mantra)… like a Tai Chi/Monk stance which switches out your weapons for 5 already charged special Mantras. When you trigger one it then disables all the others but when you charge it instead charges the two beside it. This way you roll through the different ‘mantra stances’ but can reverse direction and it would utilize all the Mantra traits. Here is an idea for them in order 1-5:

Mantra of Agony(Upgraded Pain, charge after chants Resolve and new Universe mantra) – AoE(240 range) on target Normal Damage + Burn(2 sec) + Bleedx3(5 sec) + Confusionx3(7 sec) [Instant Cast, 1 second between cast, no CD, 3.5 second charge]

Mantra of Deception(Upgraded Resolve, charge after chants Pain and Distraction) – Up to 5 conditions in total from you and your closest allies(range 360) are transfered to your target. [Instant Cast, 1 second between cast, no CD, 3.5 second charge]

Mantra of Destiny(Upgraded Distraction, charge after chants Resolve and Concentration) – AoE on Target(240 range) 0.5 second Daze, Chill(5 sec) + Cripple(7 sec) + Tormentx5(7 sec) + Blind(7 sec) [Instant Cast, 1 second between cast, no CD, 3.5 second charge]

Mantra of Fate(Upgraded Concentration, charge after chants Pain and new Universe mantra) – Breaks Stun, Self AoE(600 range) Stability(1.5 sec), Poison(3 sec) + Immobilize(5 sec) + Vulnerability x 5(7 seconds) + Weakness(5 seconds) [Instant Cast, 1 second between cast, no CD, 3.5 second charge]

Mantra of the Universe – 500+ damage, 10% extra damage per condition on target + 1.5 second fear [Instant cast, 1 second CD between cast, 30 second CD, 3.5 second charge]

Also it would block any non-mantra utility from being activated while in the form and you can weapon swap to leave it early.

/drools
That would be pretty sweet.

“We are the makers of the music, we are the dreamers of the dream”
-Willy Wonka(Gene Wilder)

(edited by Dracatis.1908)

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

an elite shatter skill on 30-60 sec cd, it works like f1-4 shatters and(u can mak up the ideas)

we need to improve shatter gameplays!, if not by traits then active play (or passive signet) !!

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Idea for new Elite Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Elite Mantra of Creation, creates a clone near you with every charge. 60 Second cd.