If you were a dev reading this forum

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

what would you conclude about the state of the Mesmer?

There have been times here where there was more or less united feedback around a particular topic (e.g. something wrong with Phantasmal Berserker).

Recently, it seems like there’s:
- an effort to form a Mesmer-specific guild
- quite a few build posts
- some arguing about what weapons are good or bad
- an occasional post about the rarity of Mesmers in pvp tournaments

Overall, I think if I was a Dev reading these forums, I think I would conclude that Mesmers are in an pretty OK place except for their viability in pvp.

Is that accurate?

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

The past showed pretty clearly that it doesn’t really matter what people are posting on the forums. They gonna balance with the feedback of their testers, and most of the time, it really is better than listening to a raging crowd (see PvP forums).

The only sad thing is that many great suggestions posted here (or the other class forums) won’t ever be seen by a devs’ eye. Don’t know what happened. They used to post in the class forums at least from time to time and encourage people to give constructive feedback. Can’t remember the last red post in these forums :/

Concerning State of the Mesmer: Shatter build is stronk as ever, phantasm builds useful in PvE and 1v1s, blabla, some exciting (exotic) builds that could use some buffs.
Most of the time you hear “Mesmer is fine and will come back when other classes are toned down” (talking tPvP here). I agree, but that doesn’t solve some build diversity issues we have. At least in my opinion. But then again, almost every class has those issues.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

not really. yeah we post a lot of builds, but that doesnt cover the facttaht there is not much build diversity. in wvw we are very limited since glam was nerfed and glam and immortal were pretty much the only builds that worked well in wvw. now we are kinda stuck with being a great duelist in spvp. anet refuses to split the balance between spvp and wvw, so they say mesmers are fine(in spvp). the state we are in wvw though is pretty bad as not everyone wants to either roam only or be a suport veil bot for the heavy classes and necros out there.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

tetrodoxin.2134

So we’re having a Make a Wish session now? Alright, here’s mine:

Buff Confusion duration. Even a 1s buff would make me happy.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

If i were a dev, I would sticky the Official Mesmer Forum Guild thread ;o.

I would also delete Sensorix’s ‘How to delete this thread?’ Thread.

Mesmer conditions in pve could use a buff, and confusion in pvp aswell.

Other than that, Mesmers are in an OK state.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

_quite a few build posts _

…says nothing good about the state of mesmer.

Many, including myself, are struggling to find viable builds and trying every possible combination of everything in a tree of traits and stats that make very little sense right now.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

So we’re having a Make a Wish session now? Alright, here’s mine:

Buff Confusion duration. Even a 1s buff would make me happy.

yes please. 1s would make me very happy too

_quite a few build posts _

…says nothing good about the state of mesmer.

Many, including myself, are struggling to find viable builds and trying every possible combination of everything in a tree of traits and stats that make very little sense right now.

vey true i find myself trying a ton of builds. in spvp i seem to have a little more fun with them though, but in wvw i see very little variety atm.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

tetrodoxin.2134

Oh and maybe rebuff Blurred Frenzy. Right now it’s just a bad copy of pistol whip, doing lesser damage, no stun, on a longer cooldown. Kthxbye.