Illusion Generation

Illusion Generation

in Mesmer

Posted by: Joonks.7501

Joonks.7501

Q:

I know that, at most, you can have 3 illusions active at one time (clones and phantasms) and that illusions will prioritize overriding clones over phantasms. My question is about how those illusions are handled once you hit the shatter button. Do they still count towards the 3 illusion limit once you’ve activated a shatter ability?

For example, say I have 3 illusions active, none of which are near my target. I hit F1 to mind wrack and they begin running towards the target. Before they actually arrive, I hit mirror images. Will the original 3 illusions continue to exist and stay on their path to shattering on the target or will they dissipate immediately/be overridden?

- Renn

Illusion Generation

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

You have 3 illusions out. You shatter. At this point, your little illusion dots will still be filled, but the shattered illusions no longer count. You can rapidly spawn 3 more before your first set reach their target and shatter.

Illusion Generation

in Mesmer

Posted by: djtool.8372

djtool.8372

No to first question.

Spam forth and worry not.

Illusion Generation

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Once you hit the shatter button, they no longer count towards your 3 illusion limit. So if you hit Mind Wrack for example, you can immediately summon 3 more clones while the old 3 run toward the enemy.

In theory, you can have up to 15 clones up at a time, assuming you summon 3 clones, shatter, summon 3 clones, shatter, summon 3 clones, shatter, summon 3 clones, shatter, summon 3 clones, all while the other guy runs away to avoid the clones actually shattering. Of course that’s ridiculous lol, but I’ve seen 9 at once before, it’s definitely possible.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

Illusion Generation

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

If you reflect the scepter auto attack, you can go over the 3 clone limit. I know this works for other classes. Idk if the would count for mesmer illusions or not or if they fixed this.